TSCLT 7.0: Hemis, Harleys, Hooters-n-Harridans

I have mine stashed in military ammo boxes. Every time the military is out at the range they are kind enough to leave their brass and some ammo cans to store it in. I have a 2 gal. jug filled with stripper clips too.

One thing I did plan ahead for was getting the 7.62/308. I've been collecting that for quite a while now.

If you don't mind the bit of extra work, military brass is primo stuff.

My question with ammo is, how much is enough?

eef8b3d8d6232a2ba29ec72f118caad9.jpg

1947-harley-davidson-knucklehead.jpg

tumblr_nn4izoohQU1u0mshto1_1280.jpg

Good question and the answer is filled with all sorts of variables. But as a general rule you can get approx. 7 reloads per case in rifles unless you are loading to max. pressure. Then that number falls off to as low as 4. Neck sizing only will extend brass life but you can only get away with that in bolt guns.

You can get more reloads out of pistol with the same caveat re. pressure.

With the plastic shotshells you can reload until the crimp area starts to crack. The higher the quality of the hull, the more reloads. In my experience star crimps last longer than roll crimps. Pressure plays a role here as well but not so much as with rifle or pistol.

Then there is the personal aspect. How much do you shoot? I like to keep 100 rnds on hand for all of my firearms and for two in particular at least 200. And empty brass in equal proportions. Obviously having the brass is more or less meaningless unless you have the primers, powder, and bullets on hand as well. I do a lot of shooting, someone that does less may feel less is more than adequate.

I have 4 digits worth of .308 and .223, figuring that semi-auto rifles can eat quickly if need be. The handguns have less on hand.

I should probably buy some .45ACP and 9mm, just because.

I think I'm okay on .22, but I could use a handgun in that caliber.

Maybe a wee shopping excursion . . . .

5c9f4c786958f533c60bbbfdc3b80607.jpg

9332daeee4c672068f0d8780a65c227b.jpg

tumblr_ojv4eq93zn1w2qx8lo1_1280.jpg

Unless you start doing some more shooting I'd say you're pretty well set for now.

The blood-letting is over. The Vampires did their worst and I was still able to walk away. I should have been paid for that.

Well enough, I agree.

The josh burns . . . .

And I'm out of here in a few so I can go see mine.

tumblr_okx26cB7C21vhn7r5o1_1280.jpg

Happy Friday!!!

It's Ride To The Hills day. The batt'reh is on overnight charge just to be certain. Cold weather is coming at some point anyway. Besides, alternators are great at holding a batt'reh at full charge and lousy at charging one, no matter the distance.

I'm looking forward to this.

:D

7779755e0414405dff4a14310c65bea3.jpg

original.jpg

tumblr_ojvm84VeQe1w2qx8lo1_1280.jpg

A ride with purpose with enough time allowed to enjoy a meal and a stop or two.

Looks like I'll dodge the showery bits, too, with a smidgen of luck.

I'm not taking the computer, so I'll be offline for 36 hours or so. Off of here.

You're on your own for tits-n-sich . . . .

85d4a75fa6ef6aa6eed5068a26d346ae.jpg

original.jpg

tumblr_oqdckse6SN1t2h1buo1_1280.png

Back