TSCLT 12.0: The pantheon hates a pussy 2.0

40203689_012_37aa.jpg

Happy Monday!!! Slept okay, and up before the alarm. Day #1 of my new thingie. More of this, and less of that. Wrapping up and getting ready to drive. Josh is burning for those who need it . . . .

And coffee is brewed.

Less desire means less pain

Try to relax and enjoy the crisis.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant

He who smiles rather than rages is always the stronger.
-- Japanese proverb

quranic-verses-6.jpg

216648-Epictetus-Quote-It-is-not-things-in-themselves-which-trouble-us.jpg

main-qimg-0b7415e77b176881d4410dcc37c159ae

16803.jpg

17691763_003_1622.jpg

Happy Monday!!! Slept okay, and up before the alarm. Day #1 of my new thingie. More of this, and less of that. Wrapping up and getting ready to drive. Josh is burning for those who need it . . . .

And coffee is brewed.

Less desire means less pain

Try to relax and enjoy the crisis.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant

He who smiles rather than rages is always the stronger.
-- Japanese proverb

quranic-verses-6.jpg

216648-Epictetus-Quote-It-is-not-things-in-themselves-which-trouble-us.jpg

main-qimg-0b7415e77b176881d4410dcc37c159ae

16803.jpg

17691763_003_1622.jpg
70's bush.....was difficult to work with.

Happy Tuesday!!! Slept okay, which is pretty good for hoteling it. The best part of road trip work is getting to see new stuff and meet new people. The job has promise. So does the work.

We'll see. After coffee. I haven't lost my mind. Yet.

Some folks go through life pleased that the glass is half full. Others spend a lifetime lamenting that it's half-empty. The truth is: There is a glass with a certain volume of liquid in it. From there, it's up to you!

~ Dr. James S. Vuocolo

But the entire point is, no matter the size of the glass, it is refillable.

The moment we use the term 'help', a kind of egocentric idea enters into us. If we help someone, that means we are in a superior position. When we help, we feel that we are one
step ahead or one step higher than the ones that we are helping. But if we serve someone, then we offer our capacity with humility, on the strength of our loving concern and oneness. So let us use the proper term, 'service'.
~ Sri Chinmoy
Like molding dough in your hand you can definitely turn your mind whichever way you want.

You need to build an inner kingdom before you can defend yourself from the mental stressors around you.
Spend time in quiet contemplation so you know what your center feels like.
Have a grateful day!

quranic-verses-1.jpg

216451-Epictetus-Quote-No-great-thing-is-created-suddenly-There-must-be.jpg

main-qimg-2c97b4281c4a27a1c591d18a512f9f08

226648_phpqKcMlz.jpg

60660542_020_1c9d.jpg

This new work arrangement seems to really be "working" out. I know. There is a fairly steep learning curve, but there's a lot of shit to have to assess and evaluate. Some minutes, it feels overwhelming, but it's been a long time since what I was doing seemed to matter.

I got mired in the muck on the last job and didn't see it until I had a chance to look at something else.

226648_phpTUeKK1.jpg

81508130_015_42c8.jpg

This new work arrangement seems to really be "working" out. I know. There is a fairly steep learning curve, but there's a lot of shit to have to assess and evaluate. Some minutes, it feels overwhelming, but it's been a long time since what I was doing seemed to matter.

I got mired in the muck on the last job and didn't see it until I had a chance to look at something else.

226648_phpTUeKK1.jpg

81508130_015_42c8.jpg
Demuckifying as needed often clears the way for real progress... and makes for clearer views.

Demuckifying as needed often clears the way for real progress... and makes for clearer views.

Yes, it certainly helps. It's like looking at tree bark and not seeing the forest. I was beginning to get ill and was not able to recognize it. It's much better now.

Happy Wednesday!!! Slept well in my little hotel suite, and that's a nice touch considering. The new coffee maker has cranked out its first pot, and it's okay. Couldn't find my grind for sale here, so I'll buy some at the house and bring it.

The PM will be here today, too. Again. Not sure what his schedule will be. He seems to have several jobs. Meanwhile, Wat will have a very busy day determining and recording the visible bits of what's wrong now. It's going to be the Unseen Bits that cause trouble before we get done.

When every hope is gone, 'when helpers fail and comforts flee,' I find that help arrives somehow, from I know not where. Supplication, worship, prayer are no superstition; they are acts more real than the acts of eating, drinking, sitting or walking. It is no exaggeration to say that they alone are real, all else is unreal.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Everything has to do with your own attitude, your own way of thinking - your motivation ... your perception

As soon as you look at the world through an ideology you are finished. No reality fits an ideology. Life is beyond that. … That is why people are always searching for a meaning to life… Meaning is only found when
you go beyond meaning. Life only makes sense when you perceive it as mystery and it makes no sense to the conceptualizing mind.

~ Anthony de Mello

Suffering is necessary until you realize it is unnecessary.

~ Eckhart Tolle

koran-karim-quotes.jpg

216590-Epictetus-Quote-Don-t-demand-or-expect-that-events-happen-as-you.jpg

main-qimg-4a460e9238d69d79c2e39d4c6f7d4e40

1928-Packard-443-Convertible-Coupe-3-762x456.jpg

48959893_017_b6c7.jpg

Last edited:
Home/scrotel13. Better than a scrotel here. Extensive stay. We have groceries so there will be dining in and some resting after a long day. My feet are tired.

They have discovered some bilingual attributes, so when one of the worker bees needs correcting, Wat is the go-to guy when grunt-n-point won't get 'er dunn. No matter, I reckon. Some job security is a nice thing.

2274_phpFWNpCR.jpg

26941042_064_5e3c.jpg

Happy Thursday!!! Slept okay in my out-of-town lodging. Woke a bit too early, but it didn't hurt. Much. Coffee is made. There is no incense except for what burns in my mind. For those who suffer needlessly.

As long as there is a lack of the inner discipline that brings calmness of mind, no matter what external facilities or conditions you have, they will never give you the feeling of joy and happiness that you are seeking. On the other hand, if you possess this inner quality of calmness of mind, a degree of stability within, then even if you lack various external facilities that you would normally consider necessary for happiness, it is still possible to live a happy and joyful life.

~ His Holiness the Dalai Lama

If you have not yet succeeded on an inward journey, be gentle
with yourself. Give yourself time. Gently let yourself go deeper.
Whatever experience comes to you, let it take you over.
Welcome it. Relish it.

~ Gourasana

quran-quotes1.jpg

2285032-Epictetus-Quote-Happiness-and-personal-fulfillment-are-the-natural.jpg

main-qimg-2f9770c2316d4373ed21f271d4ee00a3

226538_phpHK7wNN.jpg

85083716_019_1938.jpg

Back at the scrotel for the last night this week. They rented the thing straight through, thanks be to Allah, so I don't have to pack and load out in the morning.

Our job has died. I'm not sure that it's on life support. Okay, maybe it is. It's doing poorly. The general super is trying to get it together, and he's doing good work with it. He's still got that fire. He's also a tad negative about the company from time to time. He says that all of our problems are of our own doing, and he's probably right. And he's, of course, got his little bar up the road. He's not knocking off a pint a night like Bourgeois Gene used to do, but . . . .

This fucking industry can lead to problem drinking. Or is it work in general???

tumblr_n08knzKaGp1trzfp9o1_1280.jpg

Happy Friday!!! Didn't sleep all that well, but oh well. Looks like another hot day at work. Today we build elevator shaft screens, so Wat will be a very overpaid carpenter/wood butchering imitation of a work weasel. Actually, these people aren't half bad - until the run the forklift into the building at 1800 yesterday by trying to put 6 pounds of machine into a 5 pound hole.

Yeah, coffee . . . .

What is presented here is like a map; it is an entirely different experience to actually make this journey. It requires a guide to make this journey, and as well, we must make the proper preparations; our minds must be tamed and trained through the practice of meditation. Only then can we see the vajra world.

516edc2a85c440f1e2833fcb27da8ea0.jpg

beautiful-quran-quotes-about-life.jpg

216776-Epictetus-Quote-Suffering-arises-from-trying-to-control-what-is.jpg

main-qimg-090084cbd71fc1e61927e39b67d80607

1937-Packard-Twelve-Coupe-Roadster-66-762x456.jpg

23974246_010_a8fd.jpg

Happy Saturday!!! Slept okay. Nice to be at the main house, such as it is and for as long as it is. Cats are good. That's relative, of course. Got a couple of errands to run today. The fun never stops sometimes.

best-quran-quotes-about-prayer.jpg

216490-Epictetus-Quote-We-can-t-control-the-impressions-others-form-about.jpg

main-qimg-e12d5da41209876e4bf2c3b2b9edb632

16802.jpg

66871489_004_b234.jpg

Everything is as it is. It has no name other than the name we give it. It is we who call it something; we give it a value. We say this thing is good or it's bad, but in itself, the thing is only as it is. It's not absolute; it's just as it is. People are just as they are.

~ Ajahn Sumedho

226543_phpvAkaD3.jpg

90250250_010_38a0.jpg

I knew a couple of guys who flew those things. After hearing some trivia on the radio, I mentioned to one of them that Tom Landry (the guy who used to coach the Cowboys) flew right seat in on of 'em. My friend just looked at me and said, "Not good enough to be the pilot, eh?" And that was all that was said.

I knew a couple of guys who flew those things. After hearing some trivia on the radio, I mentioned to one of them that Tom Landry (the guy who used to coach the Cowboys) flew right seat in on of 'em. My friend just looked at me and said, "Not good enough to be the pilot, eh?" And that was all that was said.

I always respected Tom, even if he could never quite get past Vince.

I just read a windy post by a friend (after a fashion) on the anvil site about Wat anvils and where they came from. He left out some of the good bits of that story, which I've already told over there, twice. I ain't a-typin' it out again. Maybe I'll post it here sometime. Cut-n-paste if I do it right.

:ROFLMAO: :nana:

15763446_024_5179.jpg

I know that Bear Bryant took his off in domes. I can't remember if Tom did or not.

Happy Sunday!!!

Don't look for peace.
Don't look for any other state than the one you are in now; otherwise, you will set up inner conflict and unconscious resistance.
Forgive yourself for not being at peace.
The moment you completely accept your non-peace, your non-peace becomes transmuted into peace.
Anything you accept fully will get you there, will take you into peace.
This is the miracle of surrender.

~ Eckhart Tolle

best-quran-quotes-in-english.jpg

2124835-Epictetus-Quote-You-have-been-given-your-own-work-to-do-Get-to-it.jpg

main-qimg-56990283c83c333dcde93df394fe5fac

225785_phpAJQXkq.jpg

69547001_008_afbf.jpg

The Root delusions
From Vasubhandu's Treasury of Metaphysics

The six subtle and extensive delusions
Of [samsaric] existence are:
Attachment, anger, pride
ignorance, wrong views, and doubt

That is there are six root delusions

226564_phpHKB6DN.jpg

22634054_007_1055.jpg

1932 DeSoto roadster. Not my color choices, but I could get behind owning one of these. It's still a Mopar.

47a2918ad0a0a5a62204d28171413833.jpg

70542595_013_b0f5.jpg

Happy Monday!!! Slept okay. Up early to get it together to hit the road for the week's work assignment. Thanks be to Allah for work and for the recompense and the toys that it brings to the house. The oil in the truck still needs to be changed, but next weekend looks to be drier than yesterday and Saturday were. Elevator barricades are on tap for this morning. And more rain. Oh well.

Coffee is on tap first.

There are six root delusions

Anger - highly disturbed aspect of mind that arises when we see something unpleasant - enemies, and so forth

Attachment - attachment to ego / self / others / things causes suffering

Pride - is your inflated opinion of yourself and can manifest in relation to some good or bad object: your power, wealth, good qualities, family, wisdom, pure ethics - even your pleasant voice or physical prowess

Ignorance - not knowing, not seeing, not understanding, being unclear, and so forth. Ignorance is like blindness - not seeing the nature or mode of existence of something. Ignorance is the root of all delusions.

Doubt - directed towards the four truths, the Three Jewels, cause and effect

Deluded Views - there are 5
• The view that equates the self with the perishable
• Extreme Views - views such as the continuity of the 'I' as being discontinued at death
• The view of holding aggregates to be supreme
• Holding an ethic or mode of behaviour to be supreme
• Wrong views - such as Three Jewels do not exist, cause and effect do not exist

holy-quran-quotes-about-worship.jpg

3598169-Epictetus-Quote-Any-person-capable-of-angering-you-becomes-your.jpg

main-qimg-e635770c74082e0e57e5330cca43d70a

226620_phpoaQfSL.jpg

38863254_003_de2f.jpg

Back