TSCLT 12.0: The pantheon hates a pussy 2.0

Lots of rain. Long day at work. The PM was there all day and likely will be at least through tomorrow. The s000per will be back tomorrow, too. Here's hoping he feels more gooder. We're scrambling to get some folks there working so we can keep this pig moving.

The PM got a phone call late this afternoon. I thought I recognized the name he said while he was ringing off of the call he was on. Yep, the Big Boss Man. Who inquired about Wat while he was on the horn - and the phone wasn't on speaker, either. Got a good review in short order. Taking initiative, I guess that's good.

In case I forgot, Dear Dairy . . . . :rolleyes:

4760337-Epictetus-Quote-The-flourishing-life-cannot-be-achieved-until-we.jpg

1879.jpg

60141355_016_8a9d.jpg

Happy Wednesday!!! Yesterday was kinda soggy. We get more water later. It's taking a break while we have a meeting with the gummint to look at the road widening we have to do to make a turn lane for this place. Then it's back to making sure the drywall clunks arrive and do something. New ones - the old ones are history.

I wonder about this job. There's that whole FNG thing, but it's not that. It's that I made have made a decision based on self. Anyway, I need to pay attention to stuff like that. Best part of this is, it''s short term, kinda like standing on my head, and I can do that for the rest of the year, methinks.

As long as they serve coffee . . . .

Make yourself an honest [person], and then you may be sure that there is one rascal less in the world. --- Thomas Carlyle

In the root and stem of your own psyche there is an accumulation of bad habits, If you cannot see through them and act independently of them, you will unavoidably get bogged down along the way.

~ Zen Master Yuansou

quran-karim-quotes-in-english.jpg

216416-Epictetus-Quote-On-the-occasion-of-every-accident-that-befalls-you.jpg

main-qimg-387f814e9e67c8f92960bd503161b8b1

6665.jpg

26789581_010_0972.jpg

Happy Thursday!!! Slept adequately. Two more days of the work grind and then it looks to be 2 rainy days at the house. The grass may not get cut this weekend, either. Allah must have had Other Plans.

But the coffee is squarely in his sites . . . .

When you're settled in Zen, your mind is serene, unaffected by worldly distractions. You enter the realm of enlightenment, and transcend the ordinary world, leaving the world while in the midst of society.

~ Zen Master Fenyang

Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.

~ Thich Nhat Hanh

quran-karim-quotes.jpg

2247102-Epictetus-Quote-Never-say-of-anything-I-have-lost-it-only-say-that.jpg

main-qimg-62f55bed4ee8bb24c49842513f6c8f29

6666.jpg

38475217_004_57fb.jpg

Happy Friday!!! Slept okay. It's time to pack morning for our wee road trip back to the house after work. There's stuff to do this weekend, but everything that looks like it'll get done is inside because it looks like rain outside.

It looks like coffee here.

After you ask for guidance -- Listen!

~ Barbara Ann Kipfer

Patience is the sprouting of religion, firmness its root, good conduct is the flower, the enlightened heart the boughs and branches, wisdom supreme the entire tree, the "transcendent law" the fruit, its shade protects all living things. Say then! Why would you cut it down?

~ Fo-sho-hing-tsan-king

quran-quotes-about-death.jpg

216434-Epictetus-Quote-It-is-unreasonable-to-think-we-can-earn-rewards.jpg

main-qimg-486703bc3cb4f19a2b266b299581eb88

6668.jpg

90246316_008_7d5e.jpg

Happy Soggy Saturday!!! Yeah, we haz rain - who knew? We seem to have our April Showers a few weeks late, but the blooms here have already come and gone. Of course, the grass will grow a foot when the sun hits it for a couple of days.

Weddings. I was out with the Friday crew, and the kingpin (of sorts) and his honey are getting married next month. What's funny is, a few folks were taking about it at supper last night, and guess who was informed/invited? No matter. Said nothing. Didn't get mad. Really, it doesn't matter. It just struck me as peculiar is all, but then it's typical of how few people really pay attention to their surroundings and how others are or aren't connected. It also reminded me of having a chat with a guy several years ago on a Saturday morning, and as we were parting, he said, "well, see you this afternoon." I asked, "where?"
He said, at M's house for the wedding." "no, you won't." "Why not?"

"I wasn't invited." Anyway . . . .

Coffee!!!

Human beings come and go, but principles go on and on.

A small wave in the ocean laments "Poor me. Other waves are so great in size, yet I am so small. Other waves can travel so fast, yet I am so inferior." Another wave replies "This is because you do not know your true being, so you think you are suffering. A wave is your temporary phenomenon. In actual fact, you are water. When you realize that your true being is water, you will no longer be troubled by your physical form, and therefore will no longer suffer."

The truth is that till the neophyte attains to the condition necessary
for that degree of Illumination to which, and for which, he is entitled
and fitted, most if not all of the Secrets are incommunicable.
The receptivity must be equal to the desire to instruct.
The illumination must come from within.

~ Master Kuthumi

quran-quotes-on-life-5.jpg

2427317-Epictetus-Quote-We-all-carry-the-seeds-of-greatness-within-us-but.jpg

main-qimg-4861fa683ac759edb9946df5aa58074e

6669.jpg

93932658_009_bf8c.jpg

Long day at the job site. Not too hot but the humidity must have been over 4000%. The exterior painters got pulled - their boss says we buggered the contract. Ya gotta love it. Built some elevator shaft barricades. Closed a bunch of windows because there is rain about. It was nearly dead in there today. Oh, and there are an assload of video training classes that Wat has to be subjected to. Sexual harassment. Where does he sign up????

1165_phpWdc45C.jpg

87407879_045_1e40.jpg
I didn't know you worked on cars. What a good example of what a woman should look like- one of, anyway.

I have a few rolling steel projects, yes.

Actually, she kind of scares me a bit . . . .

:ROFLMAO: :nana:
I've had, and still have a few bicycle projects, have a moped project in the wait, but have yet to be able to build a car. I have a few ideas, and right now focused on planning out two of them, along with the possibility of a motorcycle of sorts and/or an electric scooter.

I've had, and still have a few bicycle projects, have a moped project in the wait, but have yet to be able to build a car. I have a few ideas, and right now focused on planning out two of them, along with the possibility of a motorcycle of sorts and/or an electric scooter.

I have more projects than time right now. That's looking to change here inside the next 12 months.

27846856_100_e517.jpg

Happy Sunday!!! The josh burns for those who suffer needlessly, which is most of us on most days.

Fortunately, there is coffee.

He who for himself or others craves not for sons or power or wealth, who puts not his own success before the success of righteousness, he is virtuous, and righteous and wise.

~ Buddha

We are sitting under the tree of our thinking minds, wondering why we’re not getting any sunshine!

~ Ram Dass

quran-quotes-on-love.jpg

1876474-Epictetus-Quote-No-greater-thing-is-created-suddenly-any-more-than.jpg

main-qimg-0e784f5073c2da8c0169bcc759e610b8

6671.jpg

64848737_059_f291.jpg

Happy Tuesday!!! Slept pretty well. Looks like we get the PM back on site today, which should come as no surprise. This job is trying to die, and it needs to get its ass moving. We had bupkis for help yesterday. Wat did hear back from some people he had been trying to contact, so there was that. Now he's at a different level of people who don't return calls. Don't that just figure?

Anyway, the coffee is damned good, so there's that.

Don't be afraid of doing good. It's another name for happiness, for all that is dear and delightful--this phrase "doing good." Whoever would live well, Long lasting, bringing bliss-- Let him be generous, be calm, And cultivate the doing of good. By practicing these three, These three bliss-bringing things, The wise one lives without regret His world infused with happiness.

~ Itivuttaka Sutta

quran-quotes-on-peace.jpg

4779222-Epictetus-Quote-To-pay-homage-to-beauty-is-to-admire-Nature-to.jpg

main-qimg-6c6f71cffcde9c9b79cde7e29f1cc56c

6672.jpg

27846856_105_cab7.jpg

Happy Wednesday!!! Slept okay. Got a busy workday on the drawing board. And May is going to make itself be felt a bit more weatherwise. At least it's a sunny week, and it's a 3-day weekend coming.

After coffee, of course.

A young man went into the deep mountains to ask a master to teach him swordsmanship. He asked the master how long it would take to learn, to which the master replied "ten years". The young man said "my father is getting old, and I need to take care of him. If I am very diligent in learning, how long will it take?"The master replied "That way will take thirty years". The young man was even more anxious. "First you said ten years, now you say thirty years. I don't care how much hardship I have to bear, I must learn it in the shortest amount of time." The master replied "In that case, it will take seventy years".

Thousands of candles can be lit by one candle and the life of that candle will never be extinguished. Happiness never dries up when we know how to share.

~ Buddha

quran-verses-1.jpg

3598020-Epictetus-Quote-Caretake-this-moment-Immerse-yourself-in-its.jpg

main-qimg-d95ef43a5723b59a7a9775dcbee5c187

6673.jpg

89575134_008_3539.jpg

Happy Thursday!!! Slept pretty well. Was pretty dead to the world when the alarm went off. It'll be warm today, and there are a lot of spot inspections to be done. Meh, it pays well, it's not difficult, and it needs doin'.

And this coffee needs drinkin' . . . .

A scholar visited the monk Nanyin to ask him about Zen. Nanyin offered some tea to his guest, but he continued pouring even after the cup was full. After a short while, the scholar could not stand it any longer and said "the cup is already full! Stop pouring!". Nanyin replied "You are just like this cup, full of your views and opinions. If you do not empty your cup first, how can I tell you about Zen?"

The secret to good health is to stay in the present - Buddha's teachings

"The secret to health of both mind and body is not to blame the past or fear the future, but to live in the present moment wisely and seriously."

quranic-quotes-2.jpg

216342-Epictetus-Quote-What-is-it-to-be-a-philosopher-Is-it-not-to-be.jpg

main-qimg-f79174d106cc065efc8ae6de6c2dc3b1

6675.jpg

51679699_111_1ae2.jpg

Happy Thursday!!! Slept okay. Got a hard half a day at the work site and then a long drive. Nothing special going on.

Except coffee.

A mighty general was holding and admiring one of his antique cups. Suddenly, the cup slipped from his hands and fell. Although in shock, he quickly caught the cup before it hit the ground. Somewhat breathless from this incident, he thought to himself "I have led tens of thousands of soldiers into battle without fear. Why did a cup cause me to become so frightened?" He then realized that it was his mind of attachment and loss that caused him such fright. With this comprehension, he casually threw the cup to the ground and let it break.

quranic-quotes-3.jpg

4979958-Epictetus-Quote-Give-yourself-fully-to-your-endeavors-Decide-to.jpg

main-qimg-9380800838c6948e11a5ef4ba03e5408

6677.jpg

90462558_003_ef37.jpg

Back