TSCLT 12.0: The pantheon hates a pussy 2.0

Happy Monday!!! Slept decently. It's chilly outside. The heat is running. Got a letter to write and some phonecalls to make, and there's the usual stockpile of stuff around here to do, too. It all has a way of working out.

After coffee, of course. A man has got to know his limitations.

Those who have spent ten or twenty years brushing aside the weeds looking for the way and yet have not see the buddha nature often say they are trapped by oblivion and excitement. What they don't realize is that the substance of this very oblivion and excitement is itself buddha nature.

- Kao-feng

040fcb96e8acd47ba896112ee7d2bd397cbc0e20.jpeg

muslim-quotes.jpg

216778-Epictetus-Quote-God-has-entrusted-me-with-myself-No-man-is-free.jpg

main-qimg-596554d82d7c5ef6d15e793c204b0ff2

3210_IhSm0T.jpg

69547001_008_afbf.jpg

Happy Tuesday!!! Slept okay. Better at this sleep stuff the last few days.

Had a good chat with a good friend yesterday evening. It would be nice to go to see him soon. We'll see what works out.

Meanwhile, coffee . . . .

Anger is the real destroyer of our good human qualities; an enemy with a weapon cannot destroy these qualities, but anger can.
Anger is our real enemy.

~ His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Living beings are without number;
I vow to row them to the other shore.
Defilements are without number;
I vow to remove them from myself.
The teachings are immeasurable;
I vow to study and practice them.
The way is very long;
I vow to arrive at the end.

~ Four Vows of the Bodhisattva

1675214979625.jpg

quotes-islam-2.jpg

216372-Epictetus-Quote-Freedom-and-happiness-are-won-by-disregarding.jpg

main-qimg-fc8fdea28f5b303603e8e97a9e0b098c

3210_6akSfc.jpg

20225648_012_67d7.jpg

Happy Wednesday!!! Slept okay. Crashed too early so up too early. Such is Life. Looks like a good day to take the big truck in for its annual state-sponsored (required) safety inspection. They don't require those Out West. I have a brake light out to tell them about so that (maybe) they don't search too hard for something else.

Cuppa numbah two . . . .

"In general the teaching of the Buddha is very vast and profound, it is not so simple as to grasp it in one time. If we had to summarize the complete teaching of Buddha we would see that all is included in two main points, that is:

• cause no harm to any sentient beings,
• always try to benefit all sentient beings;

or, if we are not able to benefit others we should at least avoid all harmful thoughts and actions.

Buddha Himself summarized in a few lines the essence of His teachings: abandon all harming actions and all negative actions, practice all positive actions completely and control your own mind. This is the teaching of Buddha. "
DyJWEpaUYAE9hnD.jpg

quotes-islamic.jpg

216585-Epictetus-Quote-Learn-to-distinguish-what-you-can-and-can-t.jpg

main-qimg-e01a2bae6e11e6c6d86c2da4f6b2870a

3518_EsY6gn.jpg

46016134_034_7341.jpg

Happy Thursday!!! Slept okay. Should get the truck back today. The oil filter should arrive today, too, so I can change the oil this weekend. New project down the road starts Monday. Coffee started a little while ago . . . .

People should never be ashamed to own they have been in the wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that they are wiser today than they were yesterday.
ADKq_Na1eyohW5W0T_MhLXgyBPNP1Vif19jPuEzXmc1ZgK6k4ySP2SOkNQA3ouS_U44Lk44xXKAfnlt0DkQthmpLhD7H-K63GKLaZZU=s0-d-e1-ft

~ Alexander Pope

I am convinced that human nature is basically gentle, not aggressive. And every one of us has a responsibility to act as if all our thoughts, words, and deeds matter. For, really, they do. Our lives have both purpose and meaning.

and:

Compassion is what makes our lives meaningful. It is the source of all lasting happiness and joy. And it is the foundation of a good heart, the heart of one who acts out of a desire to help others. Through kindness, through affection, through honesty, through truth and justice toward all others we ensure our own benefit. This is not a matter for complicated theorizing. It is a matter of common sense.
There is no denying that consideration of others is worthwhile. There is no denying that our happiness is inextricably bound up with the happiness of others. There is no denying that if society suffers we ourselves suffer. Nor is there any denying that the more our hearts and minds are afflicted with ill-will, the more miserable we become. Thus we can reject everything else: religion, ideology, all received wisdom. But we cannot escape the necessity of love and compassion.

From: Ethics for the New Millennium His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Riverhead Books, 1999

19aelc.jpg

Quran-Quotes-2.jpg

4880882-Epictetus-Quote-You-are-a-little-soul-carrying-around-a-corpse.jpg

main-qimg-fd417cc45b63b22ffbff6d4f9d9f0bcb

3291_ug4W9m.jpg

65303398_011_c855.jpg

One wonders about people sometimes. Tis a waste to wonder too often, but there are some serious keepers out there, too.

17015.jpeg

36991037_010_906c.jpg

Happy Friday!!! Up too early but slept okay. Got a dr's appt today. Been busy reading the NFL first round picks this morning and thinking that it resembles a livestock auction.

And it is Happy Hemi Day, too.

Coffee . . . .

Some people create their own storms and then get mad when it rains.

~ anon.

Now for a really simple question: What is the essence of Buddhism?

Respect all forms of life, and then compassion and affection toward all sentient beings, with the understanding that everything is interdependent - so my happiness and suffering, my well-being, very much have to do with others'.
ur,mounted_print_canvas_portrait_small_front,square,1000x1000.1.jpg

Quran-Quotes-4.jpg

216338-Epictetus-Quote-Freedom-is-the-only-worthy-goal-in-life-It-is-won.jpg

main-qimg-c8ce44c8d730a4740145ba4e21f24e0a

1196_Gl2Dq7.jpg

29635882_008_af74.jpg

Happy Saturday!!! Slept okay, considering. Looks like some rain heading this way this morning, later. Got breakfast with Dr. Tyler in a little while. The truck's oil may get changed today, and then again, it may get to wait until tomorrow. Or next weekend.

I never got why oil changes were mandatory at 2500-3000 miles once upon a time. Nowadays, 5000 is as soon as any of them want to be changed, bikes included. The truck has a change monitor on the computer and it says 10K. The synthetics say that they'll go longer than that. Okay, whatever. At the end of the day, and since they are my engines, I use the best filters I have read about (K&N) and the best synthetic oil, according to the article. The bikes get changed at 2500 miles and the truck at 5000. Oil is cheap, and steel ain't.

Coffee is cheaper than Wats . . . .

If those who are like wanton children
Are by nature prone to injure others,
What point is there in being angry--
Like resenting fire for its heat?

~ Bodhicaryavatara

There is an old saying, “nobody buys a drill because they want a drill, they buy one because they want a hole.” It is not always what you want, but what you ultimately need that drives our desires.

38b5c3624267b1bd895adf3a96c4acd6.jpg

quran-verses-quotes-1.jpg

2196195-Epictetus-Quote-Only-the-educated-are-free.jpg

main-qimg-07d39c6f08c1bbf704c553ec3f884eab

16807.jpg

96199426_226_9d68.jpg

Back