What's the biggest misconception about you?

This is soooooo easy!

The biggest misconception people have about me (and not only on LIT) is that I'm into BDSM simply due to the genre of my writing. lol

That I am weak and naive.

I certainly am neither.

Last edited by a moderator:
After further review, I don't think anyone thinks about me enough to have a misconception. Lol.

Another common misconception about me is that people seem to think I’m very laid-back and relaxed.

Although, that is the impression I project--I don’t panic in panic situations, I am levelheaded and I have a clear and calm mind on the outside.

But on the inside, there is a fiery volcano about to erupt.

There is a tornado of thoughts and emotions tearing their way through my brain like a thousand voices all screaming out at once.

My heart is so full of love that I sometimes find it hard to speak without my voice quivering.

My soul is so full of rage I would use my bare hands to destroy the most vicious dragon if it meant protecting you.

And my loins are so full of passion that I think of nothing but stripping you naked, fondling your bare breasts, easing you onto your bed, burying my tongue between your legs and having you orgasm all over my face again and again until finally I . . .

Wait, what was I talking about?

Oh yeah, how people think that I’m so calm and cool.

Yes, but also no.

:cool:

:devil:

This is soooooo easy!

The biggest misconception people have about me (and not only on LIT) is that I'm into BDSM simply due to the genre of my writing. lol

What?!?!? :eek: I mean like....huh? You mean to say you don't have a like, collection of ...you know, tools & toys dating back to like...the inquisition?? :confused:

I have to admit making that misconception myself just because....aren't writers supposed to write about what they know?

That I am weak and naive.

I certainly am neither.

You don't come across as weak or naive. What makes you think people see that? You're funny, witty, thoughtful, bright and beautiful :kiss: The only dubious thing is your claim to be 40 :D

That I am posh. :D

It's a Brit thing partly, I suppose, but to my fellow countrypersons, I'm just a northern country bumpkin. Expensive tastes, sure :eek:. Posh? Nah... :D

I don't have that misconception about you

You don't come across as weak or naive. What makes you think people see that? You're funny, witty, thoughtful, bright and beautiful :kiss: The only dubious thing is your claim to be 40 :D

Awww! :kiss:

People have said that to me. Usually in a loving way. I think it is because of the way I react to things. I don't. I get very quiet and observe when shit goes down. People think that is weakness or not understanding the situation. It is neither. I just like to wait and see.

Do not get me wrong...you push me to a certain point, you will see exactly what country girl crazy looks like...and it is ugly. Haha but it takes me a long time to get there.

My shyness if often taken as being uppity.

Omg! That word! My mom used that word to describe me at a family dinner. Somehow she thought it was a compliment. So funny. I can come off as a little aloof, but not uppity.

That I am posh. :D

It's a Brit thing partly, I suppose, but to my fellow countrypersons, I'm just a northern country bumpkin. Expensive tastes, sure :eek:. Posh? Nah... :D
You say you are a country bumpkin, but to me, you are royalty, Lady Numi :D

My shyness if often taken as being uppity.

Omg! That word! My mom used that word to describe me at a family dinner. Somehow she thought it was a compliment. So funny. I can come off as a little aloof, but not uppity.

I think that shyness or just being aloof is often mistaken for being uppity, dumb, weak, or just plain boring. The people that don't look at you that way, the ones who are left looking at you with a knowing smile after your shyness has filtered all the other people out, those are the ones who will make you happy.

They are the ones who see you for who you really are. :rose::rose::rose::rose:

Denny & Dollie

People here think we are old, happily married, and fantasize about sex every waking moment.

In reality we had to lie about our ages to join Lit, we hate each other, and are virgins.

That I have a good memory. I started reading this and forgot why I came here. :eek:

Another common misconception about me is that people seem to think I’m very laid-back and relaxed.

Although, that is the impression I project--I don’t panic in panic situations, I am levelheaded and I have a clear and calm mind on the outside.

But on the inside, there is a fiery volcano about to erupt.

There is a tornado of thoughts and emotions tearing their way through my brain like a thousand voices all screaming out at once.

My heart is so full of love that I sometimes find it hard to speak without my voice quivering.

My soul is so full of rage I would use my bare hands to destroy the most vicious dragon if it meant protecting you.

And my loins are so full of passion that I think of nothing but stripping you naked, fondling your bare breasts, easing you onto your bed, burying my tongue between your legs and having you orgasm all over my face again and again until finally I . . .

Wait, what was I talking about?

Oh yeah, how people think that I’m so calm and cool.

Yes, but also no.

:cool:

:devil:

What?!?!? :eek: I mean like....huh? You mean to say you don't have a like, collection of ...you know, tools & toys dating back to like...the inquisition?? :confused:

I have to admit making that misconception myself just because....aren't writers supposed to write about what they know?

hehehe...I do write about what I know. I studied the lifestyle in depth, interviewing Dominants and submissives for over two years in order to write my novel....and it's all because of Anne Rice. grrrrr

Another misconception is that people here and in life think I'm really smart. It's hard to live up to that belief, because sometimes I feel so damn dumb.

People here think we are old, happily married, and fantasize about sex every waking moment.

In reality we had to lie about our ages to join Lit, we hate each other, and are virgins.

I'm fairly sure you two are a mix of both extremes :D

As for me, people think I come from Denmark. I don't ;) I just live here.

Back