The books in order..

The Gunslinger
The Drawing of the Three
The Waste Lands
Wizard and Glass
Wolves of the Calla
Song of Susannah
The Dark Tower

These are the main stories but there is also The Wind Through The Keyhole that was written afterwards but happens between books 4&5 plus there are lots of nods and references that happen in his other works but most of them are more like Easter eggs

The books in order..

The Gunslinger
The Drawing of the Three
The Waste Lands
Wizard and Glass
Wolves of the Calla
Song of Susannah
The Dark Tower

These are the main stories but there is also The Wind Through The Keyhole that was written afterwards but happens between books 4&5 plus there are lots of nods and references that happen in his other works but most of them are more like Easter eggs
Thank you Rosie!

The books in order..

The Gunslinger
The Drawing of the Three
The Waste Lands
Wizard and Glass
Wolves of the Calla
Song of Susannah
The Dark Tower

Thank you for this in order! I've never known where to start either.

I have been reading King since my 8th grade reading teacher read us The Raft (clearly he left out the more risqué parts).

The uncut Stand, Salems Lot, Pet Semetary, IT, Eyes of the Dragon are my most tattered and well loved paperbacks.

I have not read anything new since From a Buick 8. It took me two months to read that one.

I just finished Mr. Mercedes. My heart is still racing! I loved his nod to his son Joe Hill's character Judas Coyne when referring to someone's concert T-shirt at the end. I've put Finders Keepers on hold at the library, but in the meantime I am going to dip into the Bachman books.

Oh I didn't realize I have another one to read before getting to Holly! 😆Thank you! I just added it to my Goodreads.
Haha … it’s just a short story collection but there’s a story relating to Holly that gets referenced IN Holly … I had read it in 2020 before I read any of the other Holly books so I had to re-read cuz I didn’t remember anything.

So I'm watching season one of Mr. Mercedes and I've been trying to figure out why the actor who plays Hodges sounds so familiar to me and realized that he plays Mad-Eye Moody in Harry Potter, and I cannot unsee or unhear it. :ROFLMAO:

Loving the show so far. They've rearranged some events in the show from the book so that is throwing me a little bit, but so far it's been pretty true to the story.

I finished season 1 of Mr. Mercedes... the way they figure out who he is and what happens is completely different from the book, but it was still very good. I'm curious to know where the story will go from here.

I finally started Finders Keepers and I'm about 25% in. I like that they are telling the story from the perspective of a survivor from the beginning. I'm looking forward to finding out how it all ties together.

I didn't see this book mentioned yet. It's a little different from some of these others. What about 11/22/63? Time traveler trying to prevent Kennedy's assassination. Not horror, but complex and intriguing.

I didn't see this book mentioned yet. It's a little different from some of these others. What about 11/22/63? Time traveler trying to prevent Kennedy's assassination. Not horror, but complex and intriguing.
One of the many reasons why I love SK is his versatility between genres, and this book is a great example of this.

Is anyone here a fan of Stranger Things?

There's been a lot of online chat about it recently as they're finally making the last season.

One of my favourite things about it is how it's like a love letter to the best parts of King's writing. You have the small town with unsettling and unknown things happening. The band of "Loser" kids who are anything but. The excellent, well written characters.

My son has recently become obsessed with it (though he watches it from behind a cushion most of the time) and I've really enjoyed the nods to King, both directly and subtly.

Haha … it’s just a short story collection but there’s a story relating to Holly that gets referenced IN Holly … I had read it in 2020 before I read any of the other Holly books so I had to re-read cuz I didn’t remember anything.
Also reading The Outsider too. Holly comes in about a third of the way in or so.

Is anyone here a fan of Stranger Things?

There's been a lot of online chat about it recently as they're finally making the last season.

One of my favourite things about it is how it's like a love letter to the best parts of King's writing. You have the small town with unsettling and unknown things happening. The band of "Loser" kids who are anything but. The excellent, well written characters.

My son has recently become obsessed with it (though he watches it from behind a cushion most of the time) and I've really enjoyed the nods to King, both directly and subtly.
Oh yeah. Love that show and clearly the showrunners, the Duffer Brothers, were hugely influenced by SK. Even the font style in the show's intro was a huge nod to his 80s style books.

Back