For the Love of Stephen King

Is anyone here a fan of Stranger Things?

There's been a lot of online chat about it recently as they're finally making the last season.

One of my favourite things about it is how it's like a love letter to the best parts of King's writing. You have the small town with unsettling and unknown things happening. The band of "Loser" kids who are anything but. The excellent, well written characters.

My son has recently become obsessed with it (though he watches it from behind a cushion most of the time) and I've really enjoyed the nods to King, both directly and subtly.
I am a huge Stranger Things fan. I watch through that series a lot and I cannot wait for season 5!! It's common around here for me to have it on in the the background, and I'm obsessed with the music from the show.

I definitely noticed the SK nods throughout that you mentioned. Even the episode names in the beginning remind me of his chapter layouts and font like @sexywriterfla mentioned.

I am a huge Stranger Things fan. I watch through that series a lot and I cannot wait for season 5!! It's common around here for me to have it on in the the background, and I'm obsessed with the music from the show.

I definitely noticed the SK nods throughout that you mentioned. Even the episode names in the beginning remind me of his chapter layouts and font like @sexywriterfla mentioned.
Can't wait either! Gonna be epic. Love the entire cast of characters but Hop is my favorite. Love him!

I still remember when I'd first watched ST, first episode and first time hearing the intro theme and gave me chills. I was totally hooked.

Can't wait either! Gonna be epic. Love the entire cast of characters but Hop is my favorite. Love him!
Hop is my favorite too but probably not for the same reasons as yours hehe.
I still remember when I'd first watched ST, first episode and first time hearing the intro theme and gave me chills. I was totally hooked.
Oh man, the first time watching episode one I was like, WHAAAAAAT?! I was so impressed. The music is so good.

Hop is my favorite too but probably not for the same reasons as yours hehe.
Oh David Harbour is 😍

My favourite character is Joyce though. She reminds me of myself. Plus I've always adored Winona Ryder.

I really hope they don't nerf the ending.

Oh the scene where Lucas is reading The Talisman aloud made me cry. And such an excellent choice too. Wonder if it's a hint to him having to find a way to save Max

Is anyone here a fan of Stranger Things?

There's been a lot of online chat about it recently as they're finally making the last season.

One of my favourite things about it is how it's like a love letter to the best parts of King's writing. You have the small town with unsettling and unknown things happening. The band of "Loser" kids who are anything but. The excellent, well written characters.

My son has recently become obsessed with it (though he watches it from behind a cushion most of the time) and I've really enjoyed the nods to King, both directly and subtly.
Did you read The Institute?

After finishing the Dark Tower I went and read Hearts in Atlantis (had only seen the movie, love Anthony Hopkins SO much), and then From a Buick 8.

The whole Dark Tower series was so freaking good, though I admit to picking up the Gunslinger and putting it down a couple times before I really stuck with it.

George Guidall does a hell of a narration job. If you like audio books and SK and haven't experienced George reading him, go get you some! Here's a sample on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/The-Dark-Tower-I-Stephen-King-audiobook/dp/B019NOJ4JG.

Also, I really enjoyed the Storm of the Century. Colm Feore was amazeballs. "Give me what I want, and I'll go away."

The Dark Tower was such an amazing series. I'm very excited to see the show when it comes out.

Stranger Things is fun and a great homage to a lot of things I love (Stephen King, John Carpenter, 80s kids on bikes saving the day, etc) but yeah, I'm okay with them wrapping it up with the upcoming season. Those kids are a little old now. I mean Eleven is engaged in real life. 🤣

How's it goin SK fans?! I finished Finders Keepers today. Big surprise, it was awesome. I just put End Of Watch on hold at the library and I'm mixing it up in the meantime with a non SK book. Hope everyone had a great holiday!

I finished Fairy Tale a few weeks back, then read some non SK books, and now have Billy Summers waiting for me this week.

I'm feeling quite motivated to re-read some of his older books as they're being mentioned a lot.

I finished Fairy Tale a few weeks back, then read some non SK books, and now have Billy Summers waiting for me this week.

I'm feeling quite motivated to re-read some of his older books as they're being mentioned a lot.
How did you like Fairy Tale? And have you started Billy Summers?

I just finished End of Watch- book three from the Bill Hodges series and am looking forward to reading Holly next when I can get my hands on a copy of it.

What's your all time favorite book/short story/writing of his?
The Colorado Kid and Elevation are just... exquisite. I've been reading King for decades, but those two in particular blew me away. Sun Dog from Four Past Midnight is also incredible.

The Colorado Kid is just on another level. It has this noir feeling to it without being noir, it's a mystery with no resolution, it's a never ending edge. God I fucking love it so much, it's genius. I get that many people didn't like it due to it's nature, but, without spoiling too much; it's like viewing these peoples lives through a window. It's a snippet. There's so much going on before, and after, the book that we never get to see or experience so we need to fill it out in our minds.

If you haven't read it, go do so right now.

---

I recently received this amazing line in a review of one of my stories (Encased); "That is why I feel like it belongs in Erotic Horror. It contains what I consider to be the most horrific twist in any story I’ve ever read on Lit. It reminds me of an erotic version of "The Jaunt" by Stephen King." and as someone who's just been writing for a little while, having my doodles compared to the greatest just sent me bawling.

Gah, I love his writing. Oh yeah, and
Do you want to fuck a character?
Sadie Dunhill. Please and thank you.

How did you like Fairy Tale? And have you started Billy Summers?

I just finished End of Watch- book three from the Bill Hodges series and am looking forward to reading Holly next when I can get my hands on a copy of it.
Loved Fairy Tale. I was slightly daunted by its length as it's been a while since I've read anything that long, but he's so easy to read that it just flew by.

I also finished Billy Summers and for me it was okay. I felt like there some loose ends that just got ignored.

I've requested copies of Mr Mercedes, Duma Key for Mother's Day, and have pre-ordered Holly for paperback.

I'm always wary about getting into series books from any author, but maybe one day.

There are going to be spoilers with this question so if you'd rather blur your reply that's fine, otherwise, you've been warned!

What character's death was the hardest for you?

Gage from Pet Sematary was the toughest for me until I read Mr. Mercedes and read through the death of Brady's younger brother Frankie.

Back