For the Love of Stephen King

There are going to be spoilers with this question so if you'd rather blur your reply that's fine, otherwise, you've been warned!

What character's death was the hardest for you?
First, blurring your responses is a thing? How does one go about doing that?
Second, I agree with you 100% on your first character's death. That was the first novel I read at 18 and I marveled at the way King made me fall in love with this chareacter and then subsequently feel crushed by his death. That's when I discovered the power of writing and knew I had to pursue it as well.
Your second character was impactful but less crushing to me because King didn't offer the opportunity to get too emotionally attached.

First, blurring your responses is a thing? How does one go about doing that?
Second, I agree with you 100% on your first character's death. That was the first novel I read at 18 and I marveled at the way King made me fall in love with this chareacter and then subsequently feel crushed by his death. That's when I discovered the power of writing and knew I had to pursue it as well.
Your second character was impactful but less crushing to me because King didn't offer the opportunity to get too emotionally attached.
Yes you can! There is a little mask icon when you click the three dots next to the italic button.

The second character was impactful to me because I have given the heimlich twice to one of my kids and understand how scary that situation is on a personal level, but yes, we didn't really know the character well, only that he was important to Brady.

Thanks for sharing!

I do hope you like it. Each book has a different feel to it if that makes sense so if for some reason you finish Gunslinger and weren't sold I'd still encourage you to keep going
I appreciate that! I'm going in with no expectations. I've heard so many people talk about the series and I've been dragging my feet to begin. I'll have the time so it's time to start it up!

I appreciate that! I'm going in with no expectations. I've heard so many people talk about the series and I've been dragging my feet to begin. I'll have the time so it's time to start it up!
I’ve also been dragging my feet on this series … maybe this year I’ll finally give in.

I’m 29% in … I’m pretty sure I read this ages ago but I don’t remember any of it.

So far it’s strange but very King
I'm halfway through and I agree with the strange factor, and it is so uniquely King. It's a little slow moving but since @RosewoodTulip told me to stick with it, I am. :p I am really enjoying it so far. It's gotten creepier as it goes.

I'm halfway through and I agree with the strange factor, and it is so uniquely King. It's a little slow moving but since @RosewoodTulip told me to stick with it, I am. :p I am really enjoying it so far. It's gotten creepier as it goes.
Oh it was definitely more a gentle suggestion 😂 (please don't hate it and blame me 🫣😂)

So glad you're both sticking with it. They do become more "King" as they progress

Oh it was definitely more a gentle suggestion 😂 (please don't hate it and blame me 🫣😂)

So glad you're both sticking with it. They do become more "King" as they progress
Late to the party Rosie, is this the series of Dark Tower, in book form?

I watched the series it was OK. I love watching horror, but it's not scary. Maybe I need to start reading it instead.

Late to the party Rosie, is this the series of Dark Tower, in book form?

I watched the series it was OK. I love watching horror, but it's not scary. Maybe I need to start reading it instead.
There are definitely elements of creepy, and gore. I wouldn't say yet that it's frightening, but it's definitely giving me chills. The characters are dark and mysterious. I like peeling back the layers as we get to know them

OK, I read, but never really thought about reading in the horror genre, and I love Stephen King.

I might take a look, how many books are in the series?

One of the best horror/suspense books I read was shutter island, Dennis Lehane. It was better than the film. IMHO.

OK, I read, but never really thought about reading in the horror genre, and I love Stephen King.

I might take a look, how many books are in the series?

One of the best horror/suspense books I read was shutter island, Dennis Lehane. It was better than the film. IMHO.
Ok so there are 7 books. The first is The Gunslinger which is also the shortest.
If you like his movies you should definitely like the books. God knows he's written enough for there to be something for everyone

Ok so there are 7 books. The first is The Gunslinger which is also the shortest.
If you like his movies you should definitely like the books. God knows he's written enough for there to be something for everyone
I will have a look out for them. Thank you.

Back