Second annual Crime and Punishment story event - the 2024 Story Event Official Support Thread

I've still got my story from last year to finish. I'm quite in love with it so I'm looking forward to getting back to it. It's called Butterflies and Bullets and it will be firmly entrenched in the LW category. I can already hear the trolls gnashing their teeth.

My entry is coming along. It looks like it will be the first of a sporadic series of standalone stories about the cases the FMC handles with a backstory that will be told over several stories explaining how she ended up doing what she does.

I just saw this today, and I am very excited about participating in this event. The last time, I wrote a story that was part of my Iron Crowbar series. Did that work for y'all, or would you rather see a more standalone story? Either way, I'm looking forward to writing a story and reading your entries.

Last edited:
I just saw this today, and I am very excited about participating in this event. The last time, I wrote a story that was part of my Iron Crowbar series. Did that work for y'all, or would you rather see a more standalone story? Either way, I'm looking forward to writing a story and reading your entries.
Shoukd be okay, provided you don't need to read the whole series to understand what's going. Stand-alone ish, or at least, self-contained.

Shoukd be okay, provided you don't need to read the whole series to understand what's going. Stand-alone ish, or at least, self-contained.
Agreed; it will be standalone so that anyone can read it and not have any knowledge gaps. And I'll develop existing characters in a way that will support the story being a standalone.

Might have something in mind for this. We shall see!

I might give it a try, my story from last year was wildly popular. I may have some more mafia in me.

I have a couple of finished stories designated for this . . . but it's still too far away to think about much.

Write a story which involves a crime or criminal element
Would police investigative work do? (e.g. cop tracking down siblings that committed bank robbery)
As in, can I focus on the "punishment" part, rather than the crime?

'Cause there was an idea I was going to write anyway, might as well try to fit it with the challenge deadlines.

Would police investigative work do? (e.g. cop tracking down siblings that committed bank robbery)
As in, can I focus on the "punishment" part, rather than the crime?

'Cause there was an idea I was going to write anyway, might as well try to fit it with the challenge deadlines.
Absolutely. Crime and/or punishment might be a more accurate description.

Back