The 2024 750 Word Story Challenge Support Thread

They truly tend to stand out in the shorter stories, don't they? Like, "Sorry, nowhere to hide, here I am!" Lol

They sure do. I guess I got lucky that Laurel fudged when posting that 750 word story. I got to resubmit it with corrections and a new title within a few hours of the original posting. 👍

BTW, I just happened to read your 750 “Reunion” earlier this morning. It was great timing for me. I’ve recently lost several friends and loved ones and it’s been weighing heavily. Your story was a great pick-me-up. Thanks so much. 🙏

BTW, I just happened to read your 750 “Reunion” earlier this morning. It was great timing for me. I’ve recently lost several friends and loved ones and it’s been weighing heavily. Your story was a great pick-me-up. Thanks so much. 🙏

Wow. I'm so sorry for your losses. But I'm glad my simple little story made you feel better. Highest compliment ever, thank you.

@Duleigh, you said “There's a ton of people who didn't see your point, because it was just plain wrong.”

Only since you choose to continue: I was referring only to you and mkbaby misunderstanding that I was only pointing out the irony that the rules don’t explicitly forbid chapters either, yet you got all rulesy saying chapters are forbidden. PS, look up “explicitly,” which I said many many times.

I think chapters shouldn’t be allowed, nor series, nor universes, because at least some part of an alleged 750 word story will be told elsewhere, making it no longer truly only 750 words, making it a fail as far as meeting the spirit of the challenge. I’m not wrong on that.

I’ll make a “3 strikes and I’ll reply” rule for myself, except I know how to count. I’m again done with you unless you make three addditional sniping comments.
MKBaby. Bwahaha.

Well, My latest story was returned for suspected AI. I think I have left Grammarly a couple of sentences, I don't. Or maybe I just wrote like shit. I used one of the AI checkers and change some offending sentences. We'll see if it goes through. Not sure, being it is a re-submission, if it'll get posted in time.

Well, My latest story was returned for suspected AI. I think I have left Grammarly a couple of sentences, I don't. Or maybe I just wrote like shit. I used one of the AI checkers and change some offending sentences. We'll see if it goes through. Not sure, being it is a re-submission, if it'll get posted in time.
Sorry to hear 😢

Hey I published my story but the tags I attached got wrong. I sent a PM to alurel but no reply yet.

Against the glass

What should I do now?
@jezzaz

Laurel doesn't always reply to such messages, sometimes she just goes and sort out the issue "silently". If you sent her the tags you wanted her to change the faulty ones into, give it 48 hours and I bet they'll be fixed. ☺️

Laurel doesn't always reply to such messages, sometimes she just goes and sort out the issue "silently". If you sent her the tags you wanted her to change the faulty ones into, give it 48 hours and I bet they'll be fixed. ☺️
thanks Dev

But its more than 2 weeks and its not fixed

My latest "Interviewing a Date - 750 Words" published in Loving Wives 36 hours ago and is doing about as expected. 2.88 average with 547 votes. It has 33 comments, and several show that the readers have limited memory of the details. And it's ONLY 750 words!

One claimed the woman is spending her EX's money, when it says at the beginning her first husband is deceased. Others claim her new BF isn't going to get any sex from her as she's planning to do other guys in front of him, but she says she's going to wear him out with her daily needs and only wants others about once per month.

Some of these people are obviously writing their own version of a story in their heads as they read mine!

To round out my vignettes of various LW scenarios and relationships this year, I have one more pending and hopefully making it out by the end: "The Teacher - 750 Words". This is about two wives discussing the one husband's infidelity.

Last edited:
I'm doing this year what I did a couple years ago, which is bang out a bunch of these since they're quick to write and edit. Even as the month's almost over, I just finished another one to sneak in under the wire.

The outage was my fault. I pissed Laurel off. It happened right after I submitted an EDITED version of the same story that gave her so much trouble yesterday. 👿

My intended 2nd story for the event got booted. Initialy I thought it was suspected AI. It turned out that it was struck down because, in the pre-750-word intro, I said it was from a longer unpublished work. I might have been able to still post it if I removed the offending explanation but chose to put another trimmed-down opening from another longer work in progress and site it as such. She-Wolf will go live tomorrow.

I don't think your She-Wolf and my She-Wolf are the same kind of She-Wolf. I could be wrong now, but I don't think so.
I'll check yours out when it's up, and we can compare notes.

(If anyone's interested: it's my only story with fewer than 1000 views. It's at 998. A few minutes ago it was 996.)

Back