The 2024 750 Word Story Challenge Support Thread

My last 750-word story this year is:
"The Teacher -- 750 Words"
"Shy wife learned her husband is cheating."
02/28/2024 in Loving Wives Stories

I want to see the reactions of the LW crowd to a cheating husband, with the same shitty quality of writing I tend to give them in all of my other stories.

Last edited:
Based upon the advice @KeithD gave me (not even sure he will remember it this way), I am taking my 750 story, and writing an extended version, including issues I couldn't put in 750 words, and also what happened next. I am quite excited, even though the 750 word one has not even been published yet.

Just got published. In LW, and getting hammered just like I thought it would.

https://www.literotica.com/s/substitute-husband-1
Yeah, the LW crowd has a slight majority of those who HATE sharing.

In my story "Do We Need to Talk?" I wrote about the husband recognizing such a problem of deployments with his first wife when he was in the military.

Yours was a realistic story of the trials the military personnel face during deployments. I gave it a 5.

Yeah, the LW crowd has a slight majority of those who HATE sharing.

In my story "Do We Need to Talk?" I wrote about the husband recognizing such a problem of deployments with his first wife when he was in the military.

Yours was a realistic story of the trials the military personnel face during deployments. I gave it a 5.
I think I have been to the Dragon Club. When I was at Lejeune, I spent some time at Bragg with the 82nd

I’d say it was a fun challenge. I see literotica account posted a complete list of all the stories, will there be a follow up publication on who won, or is this something you should check yourself by sorting stories per tag?

Not that I expect anything. In my story I tried to fit a complete arsehole in 750 words, and one commenter revealed that he hated the story because of how much of an arsehole my hero is. So, I’ll take that as a win and say “task failed successfully”.

I’d say it was a fun challenge. I see literotica account posted a complete list of all the stories, will there be a follow up publication on who won, or is this something you should check yourself by sorting stories per tag?

There’s no winners, this is a writer’s exercise and not a competition.

I was hoping I’d get a few more views once the list comes out, but the list is four Lit pages long 😳🤣 so now I lost that hope. Anyway, thanks for @Duleigh for setting the thread up, this was fun this year too.

Not that I expect anything. In my story I tried to fit a complete arsehole in 750 words, and one commenter revealed that he hated the story because of how much of an arsehole my hero is. So, I’ll take that as a win and say “task failed successfully”.

Similar thing here. People looove their easy unicorn. I gave the opposite. None of the feedback that I got was a clear like and the score is one of the very lowest in the entire event so yea, I guess that I wrote her well. ;)

The grand total for me is six stories this year. In order of publication:

"The Old Man and the Pool"
"Hapless Charlie"
"Pro Gamer Moves"
"The Cursed Woman"
"I Would Love You Again"
"Mr. Wonderful"

I ended up participating on a whim this year. Once you're on a roll, it's hard to stop.

The last time I cranked out a bunch of these during 750 word month was 2022. They were:

"Restaurant Redacted"
"Threesome Person"
"Sound Sleepers"
"Strange Luck at the Pool Hall"
"The Pearl Diver"
"Carefully, I Hurt You"

I guess I'm always good for six!

I laughed but a rough quick count shows Trionyx is close: 435 or so. It’s hard to count scrolling on a phone so I may be off a couple or so. Good event. Congratulations and thanks to all who participated.

I've got a slow day at work today, so I'm working on a few metrics...

389 stories.

Congrats
@MelissaBaby for the current top rated story, The Clamdigger at 4.9. Great job as always.
@silkstockingslover for current most viewed story, Grandma's Toy Surprise with 78,559. Always setting the bar so high.

--Shel

EDIT: Well, I got these numbers from a tag search. unfortunately, not all stories are tagged, so your results may vary.
Having clarified that, the kudos for @MelissaBaby and @silkstockingslover still stand. 🥰

Last edited:
Wow, 400-plus entries this year! I think that proves this is a very entertaining - and surprisingly controversial and heated - exercise for the writers here. I know some question the 750 Word Project's worth to the readers...but why can't we just do something for US for a change? 😉 Thanks to Duleigh for running it, and putting himself in the firing line! I posted six stories...five more than I'd initially planned! Congrats to all who participated. 👏👏👏👏

Back