Mystery Woman 750 word sub-challenge

EmilyMiller

Perv of the Impverse
Early in the 750 word challenge, I created an image of a beautiful brunette woman in a sheer white dress walking by the shore (link to Xitter). I challenged authors to write her story. Over twenty accepted the challenge and the diversity of ideas, writing styles, and categories was amazing.

With a slightly variable approach to tagging, it’s been hard to craft one URL that captures all of these, but the following lists twenty. I’ll add @Djmac1031’s manually in a moment:

List of most Mystery Woman stories.

If I have missed anyone, please feel free to add a link below.

I’ll look to create a Reviews & Essays catalog of these (and probably also my similar Juliana Jones sub-challenge) at some point.

Thank to everyone who played 😊.

Emily

I think it’s worth sharing that my weighted average for 750 word stories is 4.33, whereas my weighted average for non-750 word stories is 4.60.

I think it’s worth factoring in this “discount” when assessing how people have reacted to your 750 word contributions.

Of course YMMV, but the numbers are nevertheless striking.

Emily

I think it’s worth sharing that my weighted average for 750 word stories is 4.33, whereas my weighted average for non-750 word stories is 4.60.

I think it’s worth factoring in this “discount” when assessing how people have reacted to your 750 word contributions.

Of course YMMV, but the numbers are nevertheless striking.

Emily

I don't know anything about "weighted averages." Math is... not my forte.

I will say two out of my three entrees this year have rated higher than my past attempts.

Did I write better stories? Maybe. Did I hit more popular categories? Debatable.

To me, trying to predict these things is like trying to predict the weather.

You can factor in a million different variables and still wind up having it rain on your wedding day.

LOL, I did a cheating story in the LW category, so I'll not be doing an average of the 750 stories.

Two of the top ten 750 word stories were also Mystery Woman ones, @Rob_Royale’s Where The Path Begins and @Djmac1031’s Reunion. And @ShelbyDawn57’s Detention was kinda a spin off from it (she can explain if she feels like it).
What do you mean by top ten? This wasn't a judged contest.

Back