Pink Orchid 2024: Story Event for Women-Centric Erotica - Official Support Thread

There was a lot to love in this story. I really enjoyed the fjords and winter kayaking and the mythology you wowed in. And the “om, om, om” 😄 and you even had a Finnish character!

You had such good messages in there. I loved a lot of things Freya said. Okay you know what, I’ll just quote them.

And

And

I was a little puzzled by Ellie gaslighting Leah in the end though? It didn’t feel like a very “yay sisterhood” thing that she made Leah have to prove herself, when she didn’t actually need the convincing?

(Also how is the weight 3,5kg if Håkon was a year old, year-olds weigh approximately 10kg, 3,5kg is a newborn… but that’s very much in the weeds, just something I thought while reading it.)

If you want tips to improve then I’d say focus on the dialogue.

Anyway, thank you for posting this in my event. It was very different from anything else and I’m delighted to have it included. And that you write these stories in the first place! Go North!

…I have to say, now I’m more than a little grumpy that you guys have all this mythology, and we have swamp football. Finland is like the slow younger brother of the cool Nordic countries.
Kiitos, Omenainen. I would like to have spent more time on the dialogue in my story, but deadlines are deadlines. I do appreciate you pointing it out, and it is something I will watch for and address in my future stories. Håkon's weight at one year old would have to be over 3.5kg, but I'm guessing the race organizers probably had too many complaints if using a higher weight. There are no burly racers attempting to ski 54 km.

The gaslighting was intentional on my part. If you heard such a story, even from a friend, you would think they had too much Koskenkorva (yum!) or were making it up.

And I have admired many of your other stories, such as your pheromone one, because you place your characters in such interesting situations rather than 'I went into a bar and saw a hot chick so we had sex.'

I visited a friend in Lahti in September 2022 and we did some wild camping. I was impressed by your forests and the people I met. I never got past "tourist-level" Suomi, though, but "Puhu hitaammin" and Swedish got me by. I'm heading for the Netherlands this spring and I am trying to learn Dutch. It may challenge Suomi as an alien language! My friend there says that even the dialects change as you move around the same country and people can't understand each other!

Thank you, Melissa. This was absolutely fantastic. I’m so pleased you got it finished in time, because it’s such a perfect ending to this event.

I loved these girls and especially Clover. I’ll need to go back and read your previous take on them. I’ll have time now if the orchids are (maybe) all out.

Thank you. I just love writing these characters. Someday, when I have exhausted all other storylines with them, I intend to write one set in the future, when Roxanne and Clover are old ladies, living together in a condo on a beach somewhere, picking up lifeguards and pool boys and still bickering incessantly.

Always love the GDG stories.

Thanks!

For the benefit of any readers who are interested in the other Gold Dollar Girls stories, though each one stands alone, they do not take place in the same chronological order they were written.

If anyone wants to read them in story order:

Lady's Night would be first.
The Gold Dollar Girls takes place shortly thereafter.
The Gold Dollar Girls Return is set about a year and a half later, as it is about the club reopening after Covid.
White Castle Christmas takes place about a year after that.

The final list came out today! Happy International Women's day, everyone!

This year we had 55 stories from 39 individual authors in 19 different categories, adding up to a total of 546 409 words. To my surprise, this surpasses last year's stats, and even the first year's stats.

The most featured category was Lesbian Sex with 16 stories. The other categories were
Romance / 6 stories
Loving Wives / 5 stories
Sci-Fi & Fantasy and Illustrated / 4 stories
Exhibitionist & Voyeur and Erotic Couplings / 3 stories
Group Sex and Novels and Novellas / 2 stories
and we had one story each in Transgender & Crosdressers, First Time, Gay Male, Incest/Taboo, MindControl, Non-Erotic, BDSM, NonHuman, Mature and Fetish.

We had first ever Pink Orchid in Gay Male! We had two stories about space hippies, and one story with the tag "attacked by bacon"! (I just might make that the sub-challenge for next year.) Such a good run, everyone! Thank you for participating and I'll see you next year!

2023 event had 38 stories from 28 individual authors in 13 different categories, total of 373 528 words
2022 event had 45 stories from 37 individual authors in 18 different categories, total of 532 058 words

Altogether we've produced nearly 1.5 million words of women-centric smut! I literally couldn't have done this alone.

Here's a gold star for everyone:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I'm so proud of you.

Last edited:
It was fun to do, thanks for organising it!

How many of the stories featured space hippies in the end?

Two. I did say that at the post. That’s not very many, so that could well be next year’s subtheme as well. Or maybe “space hippies attacked by bacon.”

I'm curious as to whether or not you have tracked how many authors have contributed all three years.

I'm curious as to whether or not you have tracked how many authors have contributed all three years.

This would be you, me, AwkwardMD, JuanSeitzFitzHall, Kumquatqueen, Lovecraft_Lore, oneagainst, Trionyx and yowser. 9 people.

This would be you, me, AwkwardMD, JuanSeitzFitzHall, Kumquatqueen, Lovecraft_Lore, oneagainst, Trionyx and yowser. 9 people.
Make that four years…I have one already outlined in my mind for 2025, God willin’ and thuh creek don’t rise.

I managed two this year, that were actually relevant to the brief!

Started reading through the list.

ElectricBlue seems to have lost his capital E in the list.

The final list came out today! Happy International Women's day, everyone!

This year we had 54 stories from 39 individual authors in 19 different categories, adding up to a total of 528 809 words. To my surprise, this surpasses last year's stats, and even the first year's stats, except for maybe the word count. I say maybe, because I noticed one of the stories I'd listed during the event wasn't on the final list, and if this was not intentional, even the word count will top the first year.

The most featured category was Lesbian Sex with 15 stories. The other categories were
Romance / 6 stories
Loving Wives / 5 stories
Sci-Fi & Fantasy and Illustrated / 4 stories
Exhibitionist & Voyeur and Erotic Couplings / 3 stories
Group Sex and Novels and Novellas / 2 stories
and we had one story each in Transgender & Crosdressers, First Time, Gay Male, Incest/Taboo, MindControl, Non-Erotic, BDSM, NonHuman, Mature and Fetish.

We had first ever Pink Orchid in Gay Male! We had two stories about space hippies, and one story with the tag "attacked by bacon"! (I just might make that the sub-challenge for next year.) Such a good run, everyone! Thank you for participating and I'll see you next year!

2023 event had 38 stories from 28 individual authors in 13 different categories, total of 373 528 words
2022 event had 45 stories from 37 individual authors in 18 different categories, total of 532 058 words

Altogether we've produced nearly 1.5 million words of women-centric smut! I literally couldn't have done this alone.

Here's a gold star for everyone:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I'm so proud of you.
Not sure why but my entry, Booty Shorts - Sugar Daddy, isn’t on the list.

Back