The 2024 Geek Pride Story Event: Official Support Page

ChloeTzang

Literotica Guru
I'm posting this thread to officially kick off the "2024 Literotica Geek Pride Story Event”. Laurel will be creating the Event Page shortly - submissions can be sent in between May 15th and May 24th, with a Saturday May 25th Go Live Date. That's MONTHS AWAY. Plenty of time for you to write something!

This thread is to SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE authors to enter stories in the 2024 Literotica Geek Pride Story Event. If you have questions, post them here and someone will answer. It might be me, it might be someone else here but don't be shy. Ask.

Here on Literotica, in recognition of Geek Pride Day, one of our fellow writers, PuckIt, organized the inaugural Literotica Geek Pride Day Story Event on May 25th, 2018. This was such a popular event with writers and readers last year that we ran it again in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023, and we’re enthusiastically running it again for 2024 - our 7th year for this event!

Yours truly has volunteered once again to kick the Geek Day Event off and at least try and answer any questions. (Although I may plead for help if the answers to the questions are beyond me).

The 25th of May was first organized as Geek Pride Day in 2006 by the Spanish blogger Germán Martínez (known online as Señor Buebo). Since then, Geek Pride Day has slowly gained international recognition (in certain Geek circles) and we on Literotica want to do our bit to continue to celebrate Geek Pride.

So let your freak flag fly! Write a story for Literotica’s 2024 Geek Pride Day Story Event.

Let the Force guide your fingers. Start writing! This is an OPEN TO ANYONE event - it's not “by invitation only." This isn’t a competition. There’s no placing. There’s no prizes. This is for the sheer joy of writing alongside a bunch of other Literotica writers. This is for anyone on Literotica who would like to try it out. You don't have to have written anything before to write for this event. First time writers and veteran Literoticans alike are all invited and encouraged to participate. If you're new here and you've been thinking about writing for a competition, but you're nervous about jumping in, write something for Geek Pride as a trial run. If you've been around for a while, hey, don't wait for me tp beg, pleade, or kick your ass. Get those fingers moving and come up with something.

Me? I have my Geek Pride story for 2024 half done already!

The Rules are actually awesomely simple
1. Have a story idea with some kind of geeky theme. Sci-Fi or Fantasy is the most likely category, but if you want to get geeky in any other category, you go for it! You can write a Geek story for ANY category, and honestly, the more categories, the better. Let's broaden the appeal of Geek Pride!!!!!
2. Any geeky subject, any category, any length you like. But please, only stand-alone stories (if you want to clarify that, just ask right here in this Official Support Thread).
3. Author must copy and paste the phrase "2024 Literotica Geek Pride Story Event " in the "Notes" field of the submission. We recommend that you COPY & PASTE it into the NOTES field to avoid typos.
4. Please use “Geek Pride” as a story tag.
5. All entries to be submitted from May 15th through to 11:59pm, May 24th - with a Go Live Date of Saturday May 25th. You can submit any time between May 15th and May 24th. All stories will be posted on Saturday May 25th.

That’s it.

So what are you waiting for? Get those Geek Fingers Flying! Start writing!

Lastly, a special thank-you to our old friend PuckIt for originating this very fun story event back in 2018! You live on in this event, PuckIT. And thanks also to Laurel, Manu, and Literotica for hosting, and to all the writers who've written stories for this event over the last six years, making Geek Day a day to look forward to every year!

1703382969908.png

Last edited:
So this is coming around again. I was able to write two prequels to the previous one, and I may have another one soon. Not sure if I can write an entirely new story with this theme however.

But the way, the main character was not socially inept although she was smarter than most of her fellow students. Also, she had a lot of interests, not merely an eccentric devotion to only one.

I've been in this event every year since it's inception and I'll keep taking part even if it kills me. Loqui and I are already hammering out ideas for the third "Red Tsonia" story.

My stories are already overflowing with socially inept characters of various stripes, many of whom are hyper-sexual thespians. Not to mention a few jocks. I’ll probably pull out one of those characters just for variety and ship her with the more generic geek lead. People can be geeks and still have an interest in sports, after all. Keeping rest quiet for spoilers.

I've had geeky characters geeking about sex,and last year some board game geeks and epic amounts of bad puns. No idea if I'll have an idea for this year, but most of my characters are geeks so if there's a story nearly done round then I may submit it.

Ok, go on then. Let's see if people get the references.

Side question - it's not chapter N of a story, but it's one of a series of stories that can be read on its own - does that count as standalone?

Side question - it's not chapter N of a story, but it's one of a series of stories that can be read on its own - does that count as standalone?
I think we have this question brought up every time. This is an event. You can almost always do stuff like that except for during contests, because that's an unfair advantage

Would it be labeled, say, "Ch 07"? Because I don't think that's allowed in a CONTEST. :unsure: In an author's challenge or event, just about anything goes.

How geeky is too geeky? How about a story where the dialogue consists entirely of lines from Monty Python, H2G2, Red Dwarf, Firefly. Star Wars and the Lord of the Rings?
Careful, Trekkies might feel left out of this story and they can get quite vocal sometimes. ;)

On the topic of chapters, of my three series on Lit, one (Passion) is a multi-episode series in the theme of Star Wars rather than a single story. So I’m familiar with what’s being discussed here. I probably should have gone with “episode” or “volume” for each part rather than “chapter” to make it more obvious. I see no problem with submitting individual chapters or episodes of a series to an event such as this.

LOL. Of course that's fine. These events are rather more fluid and loose on the rules than a Competition.

How geeky is too geeky? How about a story where the dialogue consists entirely of lines from Monty Python, H2G2, Red Dwarf, Firefly. Star Wars and the Lord of the Rings?

:ROFLMAO: Go for it - I'd love to see how you do that! One of the objectives is to have fun, and that sounds like a lot of fun. And totally geeky too.

Back