The 2024 Geek Pride Story Event: Official Support Page

Ah yes. Geek Pride.

PuckIt's initial event sparked a story from me, which I wrote somewhat unwillingly, that became one of my favorite extended pieces. So Geek Pride will always have sort of a soft spot in my heart.

I'm not sure what I'll submit this year. I've just started a new series *gasp!* in the same SF universe I created for the first Geek Pride event, so maybe it'll be fitting if I post that as part of this event... hmmm.

I was planning on doing what others say is good policy for series, by writing it all out before submitting any of it, but it'll probably have about five parts and I very much doubt I'll have it all done by 24 May. But... maybe...

We shall see. I'm sure I'll find something to submit.

We shall see. I'm sure I'll find something to submit.

Great!!!! Looking forward to seeing it. Mine is going to be entitled "Timeo Artifices et Membra Virilia Denudens" (Beware of Geeks Baring Dicks). About a third one already so I am definitely getting it in for this one. LOL. Sadly, I have not enough Latin to come up with a double pun in both Latin and English :(

This is my event! I'm still writing on my entry from last year's event, drawing the Enchantress Octalogy, a fanfic of Terry Pratchett's Discworld, to a close at around 440,000 words, maybe more, we'll see. Enchantress 8 is still in edit. The year before was a fan fic of the anime The Gate. I need to look for another geeky thing to fan fic... maybe the little guy I fell in love with - Cholly.

I have a few stories kicking around. The front-runner idea is about two guys who are playtesting a board game for a class at their university. They need a third person. One guy resorts to his Tinder account to recruit a player, advertises pizza and drinks, and gets a hit right away. The girl shows up and is ready to fuck but the guys are actually trying to playtest the game because the due date is looming. She's trying to sexualize every element of it because she's horny and they're suspiciously not taking the bait.

The other is a techie nerd girl testing her Fitbit. She wants to track changes in heart rate but she doesn't like cardio so she slowly but surely escalates some ex/voy shenanigans and gets her bf involved.

We'll see how things go!

I have a few stories kicking around. The front-runner idea is about two guys who are playtesting a board game for a class at their university. They need a third person. One guy resorts to his Tinder account to recruit a player, advertises pizza and drinks, and gets a hit right away. The girl shows up and is ready to fuck but the guys are actually trying to playtest the game because the due date is looming. She's trying to sexualize every element of it because she's horny and they're suspiciously not taking the bait.
I really like the sound of this. It sounds like it could be absolutely hilarious.

I really like the sound of this. It sounds like it could be absolutely hilarious.

I have something like 2000 words already working on it and I'm tiptoeing that line between playfulness and sexy. She's trying hard to get them horny with suggestions and rule changes and they're trying so hard to keep things on the straight and narrow for their grade. I'm not an especially humorous writer but the emerging dynamic is making me laugh.

Submitted "When Keith Met Stephanie", my First Time successful online hookup story between a computer geek and a similarly savvy geek who also plays softball, tonight. I know it's early, but inspiration strikes when it does.

And if you know anyone who writes here, but doesn't hang out here. please extend the invite to them - the AH by itself doesn't get in front of that many eyes. I message a few writers I know who don't pop up here to ask, but I'd really like the invite to get in front of a few more people :)

All Right! I've finally settled on a story for this years Geek Pride (My #1 favorite challenge)
One of my favorite geek items is Real Science Fiction. Not this star wars/Star Trek fairy tale silliness but Science Fiction, with Real Science!

I'm going to base my story on 1940's - 1950's classic science fiction, the good stuff, authors like Campbell and Asimov and Heinlein and Orwell, Herbert, Le Guin, Wells, Bradbury, Clark... I read them all day long and listened to replays of their radio dramas late at night. I've never tried to write anything like that but this year I'm going to give it a try. Captain Alan Scarlett takes on a dangerous mission to save a colony, and finds out at the last minute the pilot of their interplanetary rescue mission is his ex wife... (zero G hijinks ensues!)

My working title - Captain Scarlett Saves Mars!

All Right! I've finally settled on a story for this years Geek Pride (My #1 favorite challenge)
One of my favorite geek items is Real Science Fiction. Not this star wars/Star Trek fairy tale silliness but Science Fiction, with Real Science!

I'm going to base my story on 1940's - 1950's classic science fiction, the good stuff, authors like Campbell and Asimov and Heinlein and Orwell, Herbert, Le Guin, Wells, Bradbury, Clark... I read them all day long and listened to replays of their radio dramas late at night. I've never tried to write anything like that but this year I'm going to give it a try. Captain Alan Scarlett takes on a dangerous mission to save a colony, and finds out at the last minute the pilot of their interplanetary rescue mission is his ex wife... (zero G hijinks ensues!)

My working title - Captain Scarlett Saves Mars!
Do said zero G hijinks include real science sex in zero G? Because that’s something I’d love to see explored but have no idea how to accomplish. Good luck.

How geeky is too geeky? How about a story where the dialogue consists entirely of lines from Monty Python, H2G2, Red Dwarf, Firefly. Star Wars and the Lord of the Rings?
Unfortunately, I wrote the following for a Halloween comp before Chloe started the Geek Pride event, but it would have fitted perfectly and is along the lines you're thinking of.

A story where every single line Tess Everis in the original Destiny game spoke is used only once. It was a challenge to write.

https://literotica.com/s/festival-of-the-lost

This year? Not sure I'll finish something in time.

I do have an idea about some geeks shipping their D&D characters together in a victory orgy during their weekly game. The GM doesn’t want to make up rules for it and tells them to do it themselves. They have no problem with that and describe the action of their coupling while the GM politely rolls their eyes, asks them to move the game ahead, and- eventually- masturbates openly to the story. Not sure if this will go in Satire or Fantasy. I’d make it Critical Role fanfic but I’m not sure our resident anti-Celebrity prudes would appreciate that. I also find my original characters more attractive than the Critical Role cast.

I do have an idea about some geeks shipping their D&D characters together in a victory orgy during their weekly game. The GM doesn’t want to make up rules for it and tells them to do it themselves. They have no problem with that and describe the action of their coupling while the GM politely rolls their eyes, asks them to move the game ahead, and- eventually- masturbates openly to the story. Not sure if this will go in Satire or Fantasy. I’d make it Critical Role fanfic but I’m not sure our resident anti-Celebrity prudes would appreciate that. I also find my original characters more attractive than the Critical Role cast.
If it's got a GM you've got to find a way to put it in the GM category.

I have two cooking this year: one tentatively titled BDSM DM, about the frustrating similarities between finding a decent, engaged submissive (or dominant) and finding a good D&D group; and Game Theory, about a Magic the Gathering nerd talking a guy through his divorce by showing him how she's applied the lessons from the game to make herself successful in her wider life.

tenor.gif

Wow

Didja ever write one of those stories that, when you got to the end, you wanted to write it all again because it was so much fun?

I just finished Captain Scarlett Saves Mars! and it was a joy to write. I usually work on several stories at once but this time I couldn't do anything else but bring Captain Scarlett's adventure to a climax. It was just That Much Fun. This time I made sure it was a final climax so I wouldn't spend the summer writing sequels like I did last year... and the year before.

Should I write a sequel to Captain Scarlett Saves Mars?
Decisions
Decisions
(this happens every Geek Pride event)

There’s always room for more Captain Scarlett adventures! Come on, tell us about them, please! :D

There’s always room for more Captain Scarlett adventures! Come on, tell us about them, please! :D
Well, at the end of Captain Scarlett Saves Mars! he and Colonel Vermillion retire in Tonawanda NY. (It will make sense when you read it) but maybe a criminal, a SUPER criminal can get him back out of retirement... maybe The Scrapper!

Or I could do a prequil, like when he was Lt. Commander Scarlett and he and Major Vermillion formed the Strike Force Berserkers.

No... it's going to be Captain Scarlett vs The Scrapper. Thanks. Now I got that bug in my head...

Last edited:
Back