"Are You Not Entertained?" An Arts and Entertainment Challenge

Day twenty-three: Something that makes you want to travel

Music. Women.

Apologies for the inadequately thought out, yet quite true, response. It's been a long and difficult day but I still wanted to participate 🙂

Day fifteen: Something that made you sympathize with a character you'd dislike in real life

More Than You'll Ever Know by Katie Gutierrez has one of the most flawed characters I've read. The book revolves around a woman who's a bigamist living a double life. Her second "husband" ends up dead after discovering her lie. I felt bad for every character in the book, even Lore, which I definitely wasn't expecting.
In the Bedroom?

Day eleven: Something you loved as a child and still love just as much

The Chrestomanci series by Diana Wynne Jones holds a special place in my heart and it always will. I was slightly fixated on these books and the paperback set of the first two was certainly looking worse for wear after I read it three times within a few months. I reread the series as an adult and I love them still. The first time I read Witch Week, I took to keeping a diary again just so I could start writing in code like the little misanthropic brat in the book 😂 But The Magicians of Caprona is probably my favorite. Italian magical families and a kid who can talk to cats, what's not to like?
I've got $7.00. Would you like a copy? https://www.ebay.com/p/468161?iid=364781277387

Day twenty-three: Something that makes you want to travel

Music. Women.

Apologies for the inadequately thought out, yet quite true, response. It's been a long and difficult day but I still wanted to participate 🙂
This is in the news. What might you say in a situation like that? Opinions?
"Unfortunately for her, you can't do that, prosecutors said. The 45-year-old woman was arrested March 6 and faces felony theft charges accusing her of a crime that cost the gas station nearly $28,000."

It could be something that was an eye-opener, maybe the protagonist was from a different walk of life than you. Or something that challenged some preconceived notions you had before you read/watched/listened to said work. Documentaries usually do the trick for me.
Mine pays for itself. :love:

Day twenty-four: Free Day (something that you just really want to share)

1000000257.jpg
The Crimson Petal and the White is a rare book for me, very long but good enough to warrant it. It was immersive and engrossing. Sometimes it felt as if I was peering in a window and spying on the characters. There was an adaptation with Romola Garai and she was great as always but it was unable to do justice to the book unfortunately.

Day 24: Free Day

This book was a cornerstone of my childhood. I loved the art and illustrations and can't begin to guess how many times I read it through cover to cover.

castle.jpg

@Tigobitties98 said something in the Face thread the other day; Hair grows out or can be re-colored. It's one of the safest, least permanent forms of self expression. While I agree, and have had my hair most of the colors of the rainbow, my favorite type of self expression is on the other side of that coin.

Tattoos. Near permanent, ever present, and a big decision to make. At first. After a while, it becomes more natural, and more akin to doodling on yourself... But while each subsequent tattoo might not hold as much meaning as my first two do, I still love them all the same. I'm up to.... 8 birds now.

Body art.
Love it to death.

image.png

@Tigobitties98 said something in the Face thread the other day; Hair grows out or can be re-colored. It's one of the safest, least permanent forms of self expression. While I agree, and have had my hair most of the colors of the rainbow, my favorite type of self expression is on the other side of that coin.

Tattoos. Near permanent, ever present, and a big decision to make. At first. After a while, it becomes more natural, and more akin to doodling on yourself... But while each subsequent tattoo might not hold as much meaning as my first two do, I still love them all the same. I'm up to.... 8 birds now.

Body art.
Love it to death.

image.png
Absolutely gorgeous, I love the detail & shading!

Back