January Film Challenge 🎥

You fuckers! No one tagged me or messaged to tell me that there was no prompt for today 😂

It’s been a long day.

Thanks to everyone who played along on this challenge! It’s been great to be reminded of movies I love and get some new recommendations.
I won’t be running this one again for February. I think it will start to get pretty repetitive if done every month. I’ll probably do another in a few months from now.
(Or someone else can of course start one if it’s something you really want to see again for Feb)

For anyone who is still around tonight, or you can post tomorrow-

Day 31: A film that you think other people should watch, and why

1706756254018.jpeg
This is such an interesting statement about following what you believe, and what you want, instead of what others want or believe. Finding the inner strength inside yourself, even when you have things you are ashamed of having done… your past doesn’t make you unredeemable… you can overcome and find your true path, even after making mistakes along the way.

And c’mon… how could anyone not absolutely adore Awkwafina? 🥰🥰🥰🥰

You fuckers! No one tagged me or messaged to tell me that there was no prompt for today 😂
I'm so sorry. I honestly thought you did this on purpose to give yourself a break.
It’s been a long day.
🫂
Thanks to everyone who played along on this challenge! It’s been great to be reminded of movies I love and get some new recommendations.
I won’t be running this one again for February. I think it will start to get pretty repetitive if done every month. I’ll probably do another in a few months from now.
I can't wait until then...
(Or someone else can of course start one if it’s something you really want to see again for Feb)
...or if someone picks it up.
Yay! I caught this tonight!

Being There

The reason? Peter Sellers.

View attachment 2312119
This is such an interesting statement about following what you believe, and what you want, instead of what others want or believe. Finding the inner strength inside yourself, even when you have things you are ashamed of having done… that doesn’t make you unredeemable…

And c’mon… how could anyone not absolutely adore Awkwafina? 🥰🥰🥰🥰
And Simu Liu 🥵

I’m just gonna repeat yesterday's because All Of Us Strangers is a nearly perfect work of sublime beauty. Sure it’s weird and devastatingly sad but it’s also hopeful and is the very best of what cinema as an art can do. Go see it. Bring tissue.

This is so Canadian, eh! This was shot in my home province and it fucking cracks me up. Terry and Deaner remind me of my older brothers in the 80s with their mullets, heavy metal shirts and ten-speed bikes. 🤘🏻

It even inspired Halloween costumes one year 😂 (and of course I shotgunned Pilsner)
IMG_5083.jpeg

It’s been a long day.

It’s a stunning piece of art, great cinematography, great sound track..and chanting...a reflection on modern life ..it’s got the lot

I’m just gonna repeat yesterday's because All Of Us Strangers is a nearly perfect work of sublime beauty. Sure it’s weird and devastatingly sad but it’s also hopeful and is the very best of what cinema as an art can do. Go see it. Bring tissue.
I actually really wanted to see this movie for Andrew Scott alone, but you and curious have made me have to see it as soon as possible.

Sadly I can't in a theater, but I hope it comes to a streaming service soon.

It’s been a long day.

Thank you for doing this thread I have throughly enjoyed the hell out of it and look forward to what comes in the future. ☺️
The Burbs because it’s an underrated movie in my opinion 😆

Attachments

• IMG_3188.jpeg
    IMG_3188.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Diva, it’s beautiful, it’s suspenseful, it’s tense, it’s weird and it’s the movie I took my first date to

This is so Canadian, eh! This was shot in my home province and it fucking cracks me up. Terry and Deaner remind me of my older brothers in the 80s with their mullets, heavy metal shirts and ten-speed bikes. 🤘🏻

It even inspired Halloween costumes one year 😂 (and of course I shotgunned Pilsner)
View attachment 2312143
I’ve never heard of this but I do love Strange Brew and Todd and the Book of Pure Evil, so I’m in.

Also, I already thought I wanted to party with you. Nothing you’re saying is changing this. 🤣

Back