2024 Poetry Challenge Leader Sign-Up

Angeline

Poet Chick
Hello Poets and welcome to the sign-up for the poetry challenges that will run throughout 2024. A quick recap:

There will be two challenges each month. Both challenges should be posted no later than the 5th of the month.

Each challenge will be led (e.g., moderated) by a poet who volunteers to do so.

If you volunteer to lead a challenge you are responsible for choosing the content of the challenge; posting the challenge thread on time; writing at least one poem that follows the content you chose (so if you've chosen for the challenge to be write an erotic poem, write one!); answering any questions participants have about your challenge (within reason of course).

Poets can lead multiple challenges but you don't have to sign up for a whole bunch of them right away. We want as many leaders as possible and it may take time for folks to come up with ideas for challenges. I can always jump in at the last minute if we need someone (Tzara, who comes up with great challenges has also offered to help if needed and I'm sure others will too).

You don't need to identify the content of your challenge when you sign up. Save that for when you post the thread. However, we don't want two of the same challenges within a given month so y'all will need to communicate with each other. So, for example, if Butters and Tzara, are the leaders for March they'll want to message each other before they post their threads to make sure they're not doing the same thing.

If you sign up for month whatever and then realize you won't be able to do it just message me and I'll take your name off the list and ask for a replacement. No worries.

So be brave and sign up. You can do it! And if this is new to you or you have any questions just message me and I'll try to help. Just post in this thread any month(s) you want. I'll do my best to keep the list updated.

EDITED TO ADD:

What about feedback, discussion, questions, etc? Where do those go? That's up to you. If you want your challenge thread to contain the poems only, say so and direct participants to use the 2024 Poetry Challenge Discussion Thread for comments, etc. However if you welcome discussion in your thread, be sure to state that in the intro to your challenge.

JANUARY
Butters Challenge A
Tzara Challenge B

FEBRUARY
29wordsforsnow
Angeline

MARCH
Wonderer67
Lyricalli

APRIL
BernadetteRochelle
Hotcoffee123

MAY
Piscator
JaySecrets

JUNE
JaySecrets

JULY

AUGUST

SEPTEMBER

OCTOBER

NOVEMBER

DECEMBER
29wordsforsnow

Last edited:
Hello Poets and welcome to the sign-up for the poetry challenges that will run throughout 2024. A quick recap:

There will be two challenges each month. Both challenges should be posted no later than the 5th of the month.

Each challenge will be led (e.g., moderated) by a poet who volunteers to do so.

If you volunteer to lead a challenge you are responsible for choosing the content of the challenge; posting the challenge thread on time; writing at least one poem that follows the content you chose (so if you've chosen for the challenge to be write an erotic poem, write one!); answering any questions participants have about your challenge (within reason of course)

Poets can lead multiple challenges but you don't have to sign up for a whole bunch of them right away. We want as many leaders as possible and it may take time for folks to come up with ideas for challenges. I can always jump in at the last minute if we need someone (Tzara, who comes up with great challenges has also offered to help if needed and I'm sure others will too).

You don't need to identify the content of your challenge when you sign up. Save that for when you post the thread. However, we don't want two of the same challenges within a given month so y'all will need to communicate with each other. So, for example, if Butters and Tzara, are the leaders for March they'll want to message each other before they post their threads to make sure they're not doing the same thing.

If you sign up for month whatever and then realize you won't be able to do it just message me and I'll take your name off the list and ask for a replacement. No worries.

So be brave and sign up. You can do it! And if this is new to you or you have any questions just message me and I'll try to help. Just post in this thread any month(s) you want. I'll do my best to keep the list updated.

JANUARY Butters

FEBRUARY

MARCH

APRIL

MAY

JUNE

JULY

AUGUST

SEPTEMBER

OCTOBER

NOVEMBER

DECEMBER

OK. I think perhaps you should sign me up for January, to pair with butters. I would appreciate a bit of time to think about my challenge and to coordinate with her.

But, y'know, I'm flexible. So if someone else wants January, I wouldn't object to giving it up.

will comments be on the same thread or in a companion thread? In this instance, i think a companion thread might work best and the link to that thread should be posted in the challenge announcements so people can find them easily if they drop off down the page

will comments be on the same thread or in a companion thread? In this instance, i think a companion thread might work best and the link to that thread should be posted in the challenge announcements so people can find them easily if they drop off down the page
I agree. I prefer poem only threads because it's easier to find poems when you don't have to scroll through a lot of chatting. Feedback and discussion are great but work best imo in a separate thread.

I suggest all challenge leaders add "poems only" (or some such) to your thread title.

I'll start a discussion thread for 2024 challenges and link it here. I'll also link the poem thread for each challenge under the leader's name here.

EDITED TO ADD
I've revised this so challenge leaders can choose whether to include discussion in the thread or keep the thread "poems only" and use the companion thread for discussion. This way everyone gets to choose what works best for their challenges.

Last edited:
📚✍️ Absolutely thrilled to sign up for the 2024 Poetry Challenge! 🌟🎉 Count me in for this poetic journey of creativity and self-expression. 🖋️📖 Looking forward to the prompts and the wonderful community sharing their poetic vibes. 🤗 Let the verses flow, and may this challenge inspire and uplift us all! 🌈💫 Gratitude to the organizers for bringing us together in the realm of words and emotions. Let the poetic odyssey begin! 🚀📝 #PoetryChallenge2024 #InkAndInspiration #PoetryCommunity #CreativeFlow #PoetAtHeart 🌌🔮

📚✍️ Absolutely thrilled to sign up for the 2024 Poetry Challenge! 🌟🎉 Count me in for this poetic journey of creativity and self-expression. 🖋️📖 Looking forward to the prompts and the wonderful community sharing their poetic vibes. 🤗 Let the verses flow, and may this challenge inspire and uplift us all! 🌈💫 Gratitude to the organizers for bringing us together in the realm of words and emotions. Let the poetic odyssey begin! 🚀📝 #PoetryChallenge2024 #InkAndInspiration #PoetryCommunity #CreativeFlow #PoetAtHeart 🌌🔮
Welcome and glad to have you aboard! 🌹

If you decide you want to lead one of the challenges just let me know which month you'd want (as you can see there are a bunch of open spots). No rush on that so if you want to decide later in the year that's fine. Or maybe you just want to write some poetry here. Either way we're happy you're joining in!

I'll add my name as the second March challenge. Apologies for being fairly absent so far, though I am trying to get at least one January challenge done. My January came with some unexpected stuff that hasn't given my brain much time for poeting, but it looks like I might have some thinking space this week. :giggle:

It's a long time to go, but I would love to host the 24-lines challenge in December, but also happily step down if someone else likes the last month.

Can I sign up for April. I’m new at this, but would love to try and make it fun
Of course! Welcome to the forum and thank you for offering to lead a challenge. 🌹

I'll put your name in for April. Message me if you have any questions or I can help out.

You can put me on for any month that you want to. I will come up with the challenge. I was doing this for a few years as a leader for a pretty incredible writer's group. So definitely interested. I like the challenge of having to come up with the the assignment. 😋

You can put me on for any month that you want to. I will come up with the challenge. I was doing this for a few years as a leader for a pretty incredible writer's group. So definitely interested. I like the challenge of having to come up with the the assignment. 😋
Ok, but please choose a month and once you do I'll add your name to the list. I'd prefer that as I don't know folks' schedules, when they'll be busier, vacations, etc. Thanks!

Hello poets and happy National Poetry Month! 🎉🥳🥂

You know poetry should be celebrated all year, not just in April (the cruelest month), which is my cheesy way of pointing out that we've many open challenge leader slots crying out for volunteers. If you've already led a challenge this year, why not try another? You know now how easy it is. And if you haven't volunteered yet why not give it a try? You can read the requirements in the first post of this thread and if you can find a month that works for you, just post here what month you want and I'll add your name to the list. And of course if you have questions about it just message me.

Thanks for supporting poetry here at Literotica! The challenge threads are doing great thanks to all of you. ♥️

Hello poets and happy National Poetry Month! 🎉🥳🥂

You know poetry should be celebrated all year, not just in April (the cruelest month), which is my cheesy way of pointing out that we've many open challenge leader slots crying out for volunteers. If you've already led a challenge this year, why not try another? You know now how easy it is. And if you haven't volunteered yet why not give it a try? You can read the requirements in the first post of this thread and if you can find a month that works for you, just post here what month you want and I'll add your name to the list. And of course if you have questions about it just message me.

Thanks for supporting poetry here at Literotica! The challenge threads are doing great thanks to all of you. ♥️
@smithpeter should have a challenge.
ETA: Wow, thought that was the first post, I should come in the back door more often.

So. Here we are closing in on the lusty month of May and y'all are falling over each other to rush in this thread and volunteer to take that empty, beckoning slot. Right?

No, huh? Ok I'm in here alone 😭 which means I'll need to come up with a prompt unless one of you fine poets has some idea you want to unleash on us. Feel free to jump in and volunteer any time now. May will be here before we know it. Tick tock.

Otherwise you're stuck with me. ♥️

So. Here we are closing in on the lusty month of May and y'all are falling over each other to rush in this thread and volunteer to take that empty, beckoning slot. Right?

No, huh? Ok I'm in here alone 😭 which means I'll need to come up with a prompt unless one of you fine poets has some idea you want to unleash on us. Feel free to jump in and volunteer any time now. May will be here before we know it. Tick tock.

Otherwise you're stuck with me. ♥️
Do you want me to post the prompt now, or wait till the 1st?

Back