January Film Challenge 🎥

morelikeasong

Fairy Princess
From the tyrant that brought you the song challenge:
January Film-A-Day Challenge

The rules are simple. I’ll post a prompt from this graphic and you will name one film. You can post a video clip, image of the cover, or just type it.

✨ One. Film. Per. Day ✨

You are highly encouraged to share why you picked a film, stories about your choice, feedback on other people’s choices.

Jump in at any time! It’s ok if you didn’t start on day 1; everyone is welcome.

82476A03-6630-49B6-B075-9B6A4E897786.jpeg

Day 1: The first film you saw at the cinema
I can’t guarantee that this was the actual first I saw in theaters but it is the first I remember. I was like 6 years old? I remember begging my mom to take me to see it. She said it would be too scary but I insisted it would be fine. Why she took the word of a 6 year old on that one I’m not sure. I remember sitting in her lap and hiding my eyes while the water was rushing onto the ship and I remember her talking about what a mistake it was to bring me to that 😂

I also remember asking why the windows in that car were all foggy…

94B70F50-C674-4D3C-A7D8-1F40E290451A.jpeg

The first film I remember was probably the first I saw at the cinema (1969). I loved this movie and can still laugh out loud when I see it.

1521.jpg

I can’t be 100% sure, but this is the one I remember seeing for sure. I got to take friends with for my birthday. I thought it might have been Cannonball Run II but that came out after this. Smokey and the Bandit II is another possibility, but I can’t remember if I saw that in a theater or HBO or VHS at home.

IMG_1404.jpeg

I can’t guarantee that this was the actual first I saw in theaters but it is the first I remember. I was like 6 years old? I remember begging my mom to take me to see it. She said it would be too scary but I insisted it would be fine. Why she took the word of a 6 year old on that one I’m not sure. I remember sitting in her lap and hiding my eyes while the water was rushing onto the ship and I remember her talking about what a mistake it was to bring me to that 😂

I also remember asking why the windows in that car were all foggy…

View attachment 2302132
This is the first one I remember seeing in a theater. I remember thinking “what a weird ending” and then finding out that it was only intermission. :ROFLMAO: I think it’s the only movie I’ve seen that had one.

I’m pretty sure it was this one, although it could’ve been Return of the Jedi, or maybe it was ET? Something I would’ve been too young for haha (like when my parents let watch Poltergeist when I was FIVE and I looked exactly like the little blonde girl who gets sucked into the TV 😂😭)

IMG_4770.jpeg

Back