🎵 Monthly Song Challenge 🎵

Day 23: A song with a 6 word title

I've spoken at length about Tobias Sammet, Edguy, and Avantasia in this thread. But, here I go again!

One of the greatest shames surrounding this band is from the album Ghostlights. The opening track and first single, Mystery of a Blood Red Rose was intended to have Meat Loaf as the lead singer. It was written for him, but for some reason he pulled out of the project and never explained why. My guess is health issues; 2016 saw him collapse on stage and go through several surgeries. But we'll never know. Rest in peace you beautiful man.

Nevertheless, Tobi does one hell of a job as lead on this track,
but one can definitely hear how it was written for Meat Loaf.

Avantasia - Mystery of a Blood Red Rose

I’ve been away for a bit. But going through the thread you pick great music that I love!

A song from the 2010s?

If you are looking for a short, happy tune, you won't find it here.

The Drones - Why Write A Letter That You'll Never Send.

Day 30: A song from the 2020s

Pepeha By Six60​

Six60 is a New Zealand pop rock band formed in Dunedin, Otago in 2008. The band consists of Matiu Walters (lead vocals, guitar), Ji Fraser (lead guitar), Chris Mac (bass guitar), Marlon Gerbes (synthesiser), Hoani Matenga (bass guitar) and Eli Paewai (drums).

Day 30: A song from the 20s

I've wanted to post something by Therion for a while now but always went with something else. I love storytelling, I love storytelling in music. This song is about the mythical god (demon) Pazuzu, who has associations with the plague (this song came out in 2022, not sure if there is correlation with what the world was living through at the time). But he would also be invoked to protect women during childbirth, since he could ward off evil spirits.

Also this song is quite striking musically and definitely worth a listen.

Therion - Pazuzu

Day 20: A song from the 10s

He basically lists problems in this song. And then says “Alors on sort pour oublier tous les problèmes”, meaning, therefore we go out to forget all the problems.

So, just dance.

Stromae - Alors On Danse

Day 30: A song from the 20s

I've wanted to post something by Therion for a while now but always went with something else. I love storytelling, I love storytelling in music. This song is about the mythical god (demon) Pazuzu, who has associations with the plague (this song came out in 2022, not sure if there is correlation with what the world was living through at the time). But he would also be invoked to protect women during childbirth, since he could ward off evil spirits.

Also this song is quite striking musically and definitely worth a listen.

Therion - Pazuzu

These are so good 😍 Both artists are new to me so now I have further listening to do 😊

Back