Song I Hate

Massive Grooves

RetiredExhibitionist
I'm giving up on you.
How could I ever call you mine?
You're too pretty, too simple, too easy.
You're just a waste of time.
And I won't miss you when you're gone.
You never moved me anyway.
I want to wish you all the best and send you off.
I hope somebody finds you entertaining.

You're the song I hate,
But I can't let go.

You know it gets so hard, so hard to keep moving on.
Through all your pretty little changes,
Sometimes I wish I could just close my eyes and wish you away.

You're the song I hate,
But I can't let go.

@_PinkLady_ and I always have music playing. It’s one of my rules. But there are songs I hate that she enjoys.

This morning I picked up my phone just as a song started playing. She queried, are you skipping this song?

Yes.

I did.

I cannot stand Bohemian Rhapsody. It’s not even the best song on that album.

I understand why people love this song. This thread is not that discussion.

Popular songs which annoy you.

That’s the discussion. It doesn’t matter why.

Songs which get played on classic rock channels should often be removed.

Not the Toadies song referenced above.

By the way, I’m in Love with My Car is the best song on that classic album.

People always shit on Christmas music when it starts hitting the radio waves that time of year. Fair enough, I think. But there is one song that I truly lament year after year that brings me to the brink of rage-filled violence on anyone or anything near me.

Paul McCartney's Wonderful Christmastime

I don't give a shit if he's a Beatle. The song is terrible and it makes me want to kick puppies and kittens every time I hear it.

People always shit on Christmas music when it starts hitting the radio waves that time of year. Fair enough, I think. But there is one song that I truly lament year after year that brings me to the brink of rage-filled violence on anyone or anything near me.

I don't give a shit if he's a Beatle. The song is terrible and it makes me want to kick puppies and kittens every time I hear it.
I guess I should be happy baby bunnies are safe from your wrath… 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks, I'll also add any Beatles song.

My stance on Xmas music is that if it was any good, record labels would sell it all year.

It’s not good.

I don't really like or dislike The Beatles myself. They were just never my thing so not into them.

But, trolling can be fun sometimes and I do enjoy referring to them as the original "boy band" to Beatle fans.

That tends to infuriate them. :ROFLMAO:
I once referred to Paul McCartney as “John Lennon’s bass player”, and I thought this guy at the bar was actually going to throw a punch because it pissed him off so badly. I was just joking, but that guy went off.

Speaking of Christmas music, I cannot fucking stand “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer”. Several years ago, I bought a crate of Christmas records for $25, and that one was in there. I made the guy take that record out before I bought the crate.

As much as I am not one to yuck someone else’s yum, if you like this song, seek help.

There is a Jackson Brown song that as near as I can tell, is like 2 or 3 hours long. It just drones on in boredom and depression… then just when you think it will end and life will immediately get better… he sings “stay… a little bit longer…”. Aaaahhhh!!!! No no no no no!!! Make it stop! Make it stop!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

There is a Jackson Brown song that as near as I can tell, is like 2 or 3 hours long. It just drones on in boredom and depression… then just when you think it will end and life will immediately get better… he sings “stay… a little bit longer…”. Aaaahhhh!!!! No no no no no!!! Make it stop! Make it stop!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don’t think I know this song

Killing Me Softly With his Song

I felt like it was played every hour when I was a teenager.

Last edited:
Back