Song I Hate

I posted this in another thread and got slammed for it but I absolutly loathe
It’s a song that was so egregiously overplayed when “Ghost” came out that it’s on my list of songs I never need to hear again. I really didn’t mind it before that, though.

Anything played on the radio by Zeppelin, Guns n Roses, AC/DC, Metallica, or Rush.

According to the radio, those bands have 4 songs, max.

But, if you want me to put a bullet through the speakers, please, by all means, play Wonderwall or Champagne Supernova. You won't even register the first notes before the shot rings out.

Anything played on the radio by Zeppelin, Guns n Roses, AC/DC, Metallica, or Rush.

According to the radio, those bands have 4 songs, max.

But, if you want me to put a bullet through the speakers, please, by all means, play Wonderwall or Champagne Supernova. You won't even register the first notes before the shot rings out.
Champagne Supernova was the worst advert for coke ever. Self indulgent, self obsessed crap.

@_PinkLady_ and I always have music playing. It’s one of my rules. But there are songs I hate that she enjoys.

This morning I picked up my phone just as a song started playing. She queried, are you skipping this song?

Yes.

I did.

I cannot stand Bohemian Rhapsody. It’s not even the best song on that album.

I understand why people love this song. This thread is not that discussion.

Popular songs which annoy you.
I'm late to this post, and had to laugh when the OP named my #1 song, right out of the gate. To be fair, it wasn't always this way, I kind of 'appreciated' BR when it first came out, but over the years, my now-favorite FM radio station plays it way too much, and it annoys me.

I also got a laugh from all The Beatles song haters. I started out just thinking they were blah, not great, especially since all the girls in my Jr. High school were swooning over them. Fast forward many years, I started to learn to play guitar, and changed my mind on most of their songs.

Lastly, I want to include my departed MIL's least favorite song was Elvis' Blue Christmas. This came to light after she lost her husband, if it came on the radio while riding in our car, she'd tell us to get that song off the radio, she hates it. Now, whenever we hear it, my wife and I have a good laugh in her honor.

Last edited:
Bohemian Rhapsody, gosh could it be anymore annoying?

Arms Wide Open, whoever that is by. Is it even called that? Does it even have any other words? His arms might be open but his mouth isn’t opening properly when he sings it. Ugh.

I'm late to this post, and had to laugh when the OP named my #1 song, right out of the gate. To be fair, it wasn't always this way, I kind of 'appreciated' BR when it first came out, but over the years, my now-favorite FM radio station plays it way too much, and it annoys me.

I also got a laugh from all The Beatles song haters. I started out just thinking they were blah, not great, especially since all the girls in my Jr. High school were swooning over them. Fast forward many years, I started to learn to play guitar, and changed my mind on most of their songs.

Lastly, I want to include my departed MIL's least favorite song was Elvis' Blue Christmas. This came to light after she lost her husband, if it came on the radio while riding in our car, she'd tell us to get that song off the radio, she hates it. Now, whenever we hear it, my wife and I have a good laugh in her honor.

The Beatles deserve some credit for their music, but it’s been played to death.

I can’t listen to any Elvis.

Bohemian Rhapsody, gosh could it be anymore annoying?

Arms Wide Open, whoever that is by. Is it even called that? Does it even have any other words? His arms might be open but his mouth isn’t opening properly when he sings it. Ugh.

I blame Wayne’s World.

Fucking Scott Stapp. Trying to be Eddie Vedder is not talent. My ex loved Creed. I don’t miss it.

The Beatles deserve some credit for their music, but it’s been played to death.

I can’t listen to any Elvis.
I've gone thru stages with some great singers, IMO, like Elvis and Sinatra. Periods of thinking they were okay or blah, and then later on, thinking they were great. Kind of the same with the Beatles.

Dancing In The fucking Moonlight, by Topfuckingloader.

Thanks, I'll also add any Beatles song.
I am with you. I will never doubt the originality, cleverness, good songwriting, and groundbreaking techniques of the Beatles.

But I am so sick of their songs and music. I like to listen to underground garage on Sirius and I think they play Beatles song once every 30 minutes or something. The Beatles aren’t even garage music! (well, they early stuff was pretty raw!)

I am with you. I will never doubt the originality, cleverness, good songwriting, and groundbreaking techniques of the Beatles.

But I am so sick of their songs and music. I like to listen to underground garage on Sirius and I think they play Beatles song once every 30 minutes or something. The Beatles aren’t even garage music! (well, they early stuff was pretty raw!)
See also: my updated signature

That's the great David Lindley (RIP) singing the high part and playing the slide guitar.
I saw that concert and that performance of that song before it was an album. I was in high school. It was totally rad! (That’s what we said in LA in the 70s)

Back