🎵 Monthly Song Challenge 🎵

Day 1: A song with a month name in it

Something a little different. This is the story of a Soviet soldier starting at the German invasion in June, 1941 and ending after the war when he, like millions of others, was caught up in Stalin's paranoia. He wrote it after speaking to Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, the author of several novels as well as the nonfiction masterpiece The Gulag Archipelago. Solzhenitsyn lived this song.

"And the pale sun of October whispers the snow will soon be coming
And I wonder when I'll be home again and the morning answers 'never'"

"Roads to Moscow," Al Stewart.

“I won't be alone for the rest of my life
I'll build a boat for when the river gets high
And I'll meet a girl in the heat of July
And I'll tell her so she knows

That I'm broke, but I'm real rich in my head
That I broke a bone that never healed in my hand
So, when I hold her close, I might loosen my grip
But I won't ever let her go”

Noah Kahan - Forever

Andy Williams - April in Paris

One of the best male singers ever. Quincy Jones produced this glorious album.

...and yes, I'm a romantic.

This one goes to @AuntieDisco

Whew... I just got in from a long day at work, so I didn't have a chance to reply to this until now.
I was so pumped to post 'this song' this morning... not only because it's classic, but also because it was snowing here for quite a bit of the day!
Then I saw you posted it this morning, and I was like, 'noooo' (lol). But I thought that I could at least mention my snowing-in-May situation...
However, I see that you've since added a dedication to AuntieDisco, so I'm guessing my snow "surprise" is no longer unique either (lol). Shit.

I'm just joking around... I actually appreciate you posting this classic song! You always have great song choices!
Luv this whole album! A pretty good movie... but a great album. Thanks for the fantastic song selection!

July Tree - Nina Simone
Mentions July AND April. Don’t mind me overachieving over here

I was going to react with a 'haha' to your funny joke... but then I started listening to your song. Damn. 'Love' all the way!
When I'm thinking about my all-time favourite artists, I often forget to include Nina Simone... but that needs to change. She is incredible!!!
Thank you for the reminder! I listened to quite a bit of great music today, but this is the best thing that I've heard all day long! Brilliant.

Back