The Official Authors' Hangout Nude Day 2019 Contest Support Thread.

Just sent mine in. Maybe I can get another one finished but most of the ones i have started are turning into novels.

Just sent mine in. Maybe I can get another one finished but most of the ones i have started are turning into novels.

This.

I swear, at one point I had three ideas for this one and three more for Summer Loving. Six at a time! It was wild.

Now I'm down to two. So it goes.

I'm having two minor roadblocks with finish my submission...

1 - "What if it sucks?"

2 - My cat's apparently a critic.

6Q7t0bG.jpg

KAhG8Uu.jpg

1 - "What if it sucks?"

6Q7t0bG.jpg

KAhG8Uu.jpg

1. Leave that for the readers to judge. Some of mine that I thought were useless, some people actually like.

2. Cats aren't critics. They just want a hot computer and attention...

1 - "What if it sucks?"

6Q7t0bG.jpg

KAhG8Uu.jpg

We all struggle with number 1. Write anyway.

Re number 2: This is one of the dozens of reasons I don't have a cat. I like cats. Other people's cats. I just don't want one in my own home.

1. Leave that for the readers to judge. Some of mine that I thought were useless, some people actually like.

2. Cats aren't critics. They just want a hot computer and attention...
Re 2. Do you own a cat? They show their disdain, regularly.

Re 2. Do you own a cat? They show their disdain, regularly.

We usually have three. I've never known them to be very critical, but maybe I write cat-friendly erotica. More likely, they just want to get in my face when I give them the convenient opportunity.

I think mine will be ready to submit this weekend. I'm still not sure its link to the contest is strong enough (there's exhibitionism), but we'll find out.

Submitted first thing this morning. Now to take a break and pick up Summer Lovin' again after the weekend.
Good luck everyone!

I think mine will be ready to submit this weekend. I'm still not sure its link to the contest is strong enough (there's exhibitionism), but we'll find out.

That’s always a problem for me in this contest. I have a hard time making exhibitionism realistic.

Slow reads so far and not a huge number of votes at all. I always hate how these things post in the wee hours of a weekday morning; it’s hard to get a strong start sometimes.

Slow reads so far and not a huge number of votes at all. I always hate how these things post in the wee hours of a weekday morning; it’s hard to get a strong start sometimes.

Mine's going into I/T instead of E&V, so I'm not too worried about a slow start.

Please Miss, can I get an extension until Monday? The cat walked across the keyboard and hit the delete key, and my dog ate my Google Drive......

NotWise answered the question I had. The story gets submitted as normal but is flagged as being part of the comp. Should I put a note at the beginning highlighting that?

Russ

Back