Valentines Day Contest Support Thread.

Duleigh

Just an old dog
The Christmas decorations are almost gone, and stores are being swathed in pink. Hearts, flowers, ribbons, and cherubs armed with bows and arrows (I never trusted those guys)

IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR THE VALENTINES DAY CONTEST!

You can begin submitting on (or before): January 12
The last day to submit is: February 7 at 11:59pm EST
Winners will be announced on:
February 14 how sweet

Here's the rules:
  • All submissions must be stand-alone stories created for this contest theme.
  • We will allow authors who have won in our monthly contests within the last 6 months to win in this special contest. However, if you have won a prize in one of the last two special contests, you are not eligible to win in this one. (I'm still going to enter, just because I'm that romantic)
  • A story has only to accrue 25 votes to be eligible, rather than the 50 required for the monthly contest.
Author must copy and paste the phrase "VALENTINES DAY 2024" to the "Notes to Admin" field of the submission (quotes are not needed).

Again -- PLEASE do not forget to put the EXACT phrase "VALENTINES DAY 2024" IN THE "Notes to Admin" FIELD - NOT the description field or anywhere else.

Submissions must have a Valentine's Day theme: i.e. Cupid, soulmates lost and found, high quality chocolate gifting, etc. Be creative! Please don't just submit a normal story that just happens to contain red roses. That would not be in the spirit of the contest, and readers (aka voters) will likely punish you for your trickiness. (They really will)

Bring your questions and comments here, we're all here to help each other!
* 2024 Valentines Day Contest Winners *

First Place ($150 Cash Prize Winner):
Slingshot

by thanagar

Second Place ($100 Cash Prize Winner):
Booty Shorts - Sugar Daddy

by BrokenSpokes

Third Place ($75 Cash Prize Winner):
Surprise Valentine

by Smuttyandfun

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I need to have some foresight this time. The Christmas one snuck up on me (as Christmas itself has) and I missed it.

My VD story is a B, B+ at best, but I'll still submit it. Not as good as my story this year Black Valentine's Day but it has a fun little twist near the end.
However, I have another finished which would be appropriate for the 750 challenge, Pink Orchid AND April Fools. Too bad I can't submit to all of them at once.

Ok, I have one started and a sweet idea for one that will fit in the Andi's Dream saga.

Forgot about V-Day.
Can't really make my Pink Orchid story into a Valentine's one as it's very much about a one-night stand. Readers would Object.

I could make a gay gangbang into a lovely Valentine's date, maybe? Same two guys I used for V-Day two years ago, so that's kinda appropriate...

In February is the 750 Word Challenge
The smallest allowable story at literotica is 750 words, any story shorter than that will get kicked.
A while ago a writer asked, "what kind of story can you write with a 750 word limit so the 750 word challenge was born.:

Write a story for any category and submit it with the magic words in the notes to Admin
Minimum story length: 750 words
Maximum story length: 750 words

It's actually a lot of fun, you write a really little story then fiddle with the wording of your story to get your word processor to show 750 words. This is Saturday Morning, my best loved 750 word story I submitted 5 stories, and they all did fairly well, two of them I took later and expanded them, I entered Saturday Morning (full version) in the April Fools contest, and Saturday Evening (full version) in the Sumer Fun contest and the Crime and Punishment event.

Now, that is a nice bunny. Wonder if she can hop? :coffee:

I've drafted a new story in the past few weeks. It will be another bucket list item going into the Interracial category. My first. It's set in Alabama in the 1940s, with a white boy seeking his first-time experience with a charcoal-bagging black woman. Has a bit of everything: taboo, incest, white/back, aunt/nephew, religion, Lord knows what else. Sent it to Kenjisato for editing. Hope to see it in January on Lit. Would anyone like to offer a quick read before it goes up - just some light feedback to see if the tone is right? About 13,100 words.

I hate Valentines Day. My ex ruined it for me with constant stress and anxiety she created every year of our relationship until that relationship was over. I’m no longer an observer of this holiday. The heck with it… until I find love again irl. If my heart revives.
So write that. The best stories are real.

And some are too personal. Not sure I can comfortably get it out. But I appreciate the encouragement.
I feel the same way about that Hallmark holiday for similar reasons (but not with similar results). I'm going to base my story on that feeling bringing a couple together, turning the tables on reality.

The only correlation is me, I love the 750 Word Challenge and I am hoping to be the organizer. (And I'm very loveable)
Careful, being lovable leads to scratches behind the ears, and who knows where that can lead... :)

Back