Valentines Day Contest Support Thread.

It’s funny, I can see it being 1 bombed in real time. I was never going to win, hilarious that someone thinks it’s that important 🤣. Couldn’t they be like masturbating or something instead?

It really is terribly amusing what some people think is worth their time.

Emily

Oh yes. The shenanigans are very visible at this stage.

I don't mind. We all wrote stories we liked, and hopefully everyone has found an audience. All the ones I've read have been really good.

Oh yes. The shenanigans are very visible at this stage.

I don't mind. We all wrote stories we liked, and hopefully everyone has found an audience. All the ones I've read have been really good.
Couldn’t agree more 😊

16 votes got swept from mine in the final sweep, which amounts to about 8% of the original pre-sweep vount count not counting any extra votes I may have received since being swept. Based on my score jump, I guess I've been seriously buzz bombed (....may pigeons poop daily upon the heads of those that would drag others down 😑)

In any case, many wonderful stories out there, as always, so regardless of the outcome thank you all for amazing reads! ❤️ Happy Valentine's day.

16 votes got swept from mine in the final sweep, which amounts to about 8% of the original pre-sweep vount count not counting any extra votes I may have received since being swept. Based on my score jump, I guess I've been seriously buzz bombed (....may pigeons poop daily upon the heads of those that would drag others down 😑)

In any case, many wonderful stories out there, as always, so regardless of the outcome thank you all for amazing reads! ❤️ Happy Valentine's day.
Sounds like we have similar "fan clubs"
In the sweep last night a large number of my stories lost 1 vote, but the scores shot up quite noticeably.

Sounds like we have similar "fan clubs"
In the sweep last night a large number of my stories lost 1 vote, but the scores shot up quite noticeably.
Ooo! Another Sweep this morning, now maybe @Laurel will announce the winners then publish my story that's been stuck nearly a week.

That’s not big 🤣. Mine went from 4.41 pre-sweeps to 4.71. Just shows you how many bad faith ratings there are.

Emily
It’s an effective strategy. Keep any stories (or authors) you dislike under 4.5 and suppress readership. Whatever we may think about it, readers use the red H as a filter. People do this shit as it works and there are no consequences for it.

Emily

Last edited:
Congrats to those who placed in the contest and "well done" to all who entered. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.

And congratulations to you for your apparent win in the ineligible stories contest.
I usually do my best in the ineligible stories category, but I'll believe it when I get the voided check in the mail. ;)

On to April Fools! See you at the finish line!

Congratulations to the winners. There were a lot of great stories.

I hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day!

Congratulations to the winners! My story finally crossed over the red H line so I feel like a winner too.

Winners are listed in the Valentine's post:

2024 Valentines Day Contest Winners *

First Place ($150 Cash Prize Winner):

Slingshot
by thanagar

Second Place ($100 Cash Prize Winner):
Booty Shorts - Sugar Daddy
by BrokenSpokes

Third Place ($75 Cash Prize Winner):
Surprise Valentine
by Smuttyandfun

Congrats to all three and to all who entered.
Big congratulations to all the winners! And well done to everyone who entered, of course.

When I finished writing Slingshot I thought it was pretty good, but I knew I had no chance of winning this contest. Too many amazing writers, too many excellent stories and I'd read how fierce the competition could be.

Goes to show what I know. It's also why I don’t gamble.

If you voted or left a kind word, thank you. For those who helped on the first day during the mix-up when I was losing my mind, my profound thanks.

And congrats to everyone who entered (Booty Shorts was my favourite of the entries). It's never an easy thing to sit in front of a computer and type out a story. That you did and published your story is no small thing.

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone

Back