The Official (Most likely) 2024 Literotica April Fool's Day Contest Support Thread!!!

Duleigh

Just an old dog
It's February 2 and the ground dog has risen and saw his shadow lay across his keyboard, that can mean one thing -
It's time to get the get the 2024 April Fools Contest Support Thread rolling:
April 01 is April Fool's Day
April fools day is a purely American holiday that traces back to the year 1500 when Europe changed from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar. On that same date the earliest American colonists changed from the Puppies and Kitties calendar to the Hot Firemen calendar. In Europe, those who forgot the calendar change and tried to celebrate New Years Day on April 1 where it was celebrated on the Julian calendar and were called April Fools. In America the colonists, all 8 of them, celebrated "I Survived the Winter Day."

The themes: Stories (humorous or otherwise) of surprise meetings, humor, tricks, trick endings, and other themes of deception, chance, and/or misunderstandings (happy or otherwise) cheating at strip poker, spring worms in cans of mixed nuts, limburger cheese on the exhaust manifold of your brother-in-law's car engine, that kind of stuff.

Starts: March 01
Closes: March 22
Winners announced: March 29

As usual, this thread is to SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE authors to enter stories in the 2023 April Fool's Contest.

Get writing, everyone, and don't forget to copy and paste the phrase "APRIL FOOLS 2024" to the "Notes to Admin" field of the submission

Also - please copy and paste the phrase APRIL FOOLS 2024 as a tag when posting your entry (Not required but nice to do)

I used to hate this contest, many of us find this contest the most difficult of the year - but last year I decided to be silly/romantic and had a wife play a trick on her husband and the readers loved it - give it a go.

There is an advantage to entering stories in one of Literotica's themed contests, apart from the possibility of winning, and that is that your story gets far more exposure and attention than it would normally do. Your name gets out there, you develop a cadre of followers.

As soon as Laurel posts the official notification I'll post a link to it right here. ⬇️

Have fun everyone! And get started if you haven't already!!!!

Last edited:
For the first time since I don't even know when, I might actually have this one done and dusted before the contest starts. We'll see...

In December I draw up a list of what I want to write in the next year and then see if any of my ideas will fit in an event or contest.
Stormwatch - An April Alberta Clipper wasn't meant to fit in an event or contest but then I saw "April" and gears started to mesh...

I browsed the story ideas forum, and a couple of ideas @sirhugs, with the aid of a couple of others, posted tickled my fancy. I'm working on one, which I think will go in mature, and if I have the time, an I/T story.

Aaaaaah, the, ahem, trickiest contest/event for me. This time, I actually have a slightly silly story idea ready to go courtesy of an anonymous replier in the comments section of one of my stories last year...proving that some anonymous feedback can indeed be helpful! 🙏 I will, of course, credit said anonymous commenter as best as I can. 😉

Unless swapping lube for tiger balm counts as a hilarious jape, I'm drawing a total blank on where to even begin.

I have a short fun one alreay gone through beta reading.

And I have to finish my April Fools themed novel which I hit 40k words with last year before putting it aside.

I have a short fun one alreay gone through beta reading.

And I have to finish my April Fools themed novel which I hit 40k words with last year before putting it aside.
I don't know how you can do it. A story, even a novel length stories or bigger (Enchantress went over 400K words) will not let me lay them aside until I hit the final sentence.

I don't know how you can do it. A story, even a novel length stories or bigger (Enchantress went over 400K words) will not let me lay them aside until I hit the final sentence.

Well, nothing encourages writer's block quite like opening up an April Fool's Day story on the 2nd of April.

Seriously though, and remembering the cautionary thread about privacy, I had some fairly significant life events going on in April that prevented me doing anything for a while and when I came back I was in the mood to do shorter, less ambitious stuff.

I've placed in this contest three times. I don't understand why many find it difficult to write and how many readers are like "Um, where was the trick?"

Its really not that hard on either level.

I started something short for this but the characters decided they needed to be three dimensional. Still plenty of time to get it done now that they decided it needs to be longer.

OK, I've got an idea for one now and have done some research on it. I'm always assuming I won't have an idea for this one and the nude day contest, but I always seem to come up with an idea or two.

Mine's almost finished. The problem is, it's not very good. 😅 So it will need a lot of editing, upgrading, and some parts completely re-written I imagine. Anyone want to take a look at my "Dark Carnival" story, I welcome any help I can find! But it's not for the faint of heart. Erotic horror.

stalled damnit. I got so addicted to my geek pride story that I stalled on this one.

I think I probably had my best idea for this category last year.

Got other stories I'm working on but we'll see what happens.

Laurel just announced the winners for the Valentine's contest, that can only mean one thing

THE APRIL FOOLS CONTEST OPENS IN 16 DAYS!
no foolin'!
It's time to get your silly on

First draft is done, it needs a little tweaking here and there. It should be ready to go by the time submissions are open.

Laurel just announced the winners for the Valentine's contest, that can only mean one thing

THE APRIL FOOLS CONTEST OPENS IN 16 DAYS!
no foolin'!
It's time to get your silly on
Ah, crap. Probably only time to hopefully finish one. 😕

Back