The Official Authors' Hangout Nude Day 2019 Contest Support Thread.

Done. Polishing and such left to do...

Mind you, I don’t have obstacles in my way like Ogg’s weather, Chloe's keeping people alive or Tex’s shipyard. Still, as Parkinson noted, work expands to fill the time available for its completion.

Bump. I'm still part way through a non-Nude Day story that I want to finish before going to the Nude-Day drafts.

Still trying to think of a good plot/scenario. This is somewhat out of my comfort zone, so maybe it's the kind of challenge I need.

Christmas, however - got that one plotted, but not written!

Well I had an idea so I started in my lunch break. And omg she’s fun to write.

Conflicts, conflicts. I have a lot of it written, the title (“White Wedding”) and the song. Billy Idol of course. I’m in stitches writing some of it and the Loving Wives readers are going to self-terminate with apoplexy.

But I need to finish my geek story and Illegal Alien as well. Aaaaahhhhh.

I've got an unusual idea for this one I like. Will get to work on it after the Geek story is done.

I'm 6,500 words into a story that's likely to be four times that before it's over. The exhibitionist theme is a little weak, but I might put it into the contest anyway.

Desperate for inspiration, I hit Wikipedia but found nothing on National Nude Day (NND). There's World Naked Gardening Day (1st Saturday in May, this past weekend); and the Finnish nude 10km run/walk Nakukymppi (one week before midsummer, Monday 24 June 2019); and the World Naked Bike Ride, around the same time; and the Naked Pumpkin Run, but that's around Hallowe'en.

I've already read and written NND gimmicks. I need something new, maybe with incest vore or tentacle creatures. Or skydiving and skateboards. Or naked 'ukulele bands -- you can't hide much behind an 'uke. Why won't the voices in my head command me?

I’m in, and quite unexpectedly. I had a character or two just magically epiphanize the other day, and now I’m well along.

Hint on the setting: it’s not a breastaurant. It’s an asstaurant.

I'll try and finish my story to editing stage this weekend.

This time it will be a stroker. It has some casual private nudism but hardly any exhibitionism so I don't expect it to actually do that well in the contest. But I don't mind. I just want this story out just as it is.

A half finished story from two or three years ago is finally coming along. Might actually finish it this time!

A bumpity bump since i finished an entry. 11k words, so about three pages. Of course, I need to do some read overs and see what is screwed up besides the character. I have a few more ideas but....

I finally got my new glasses. Now i might be able to see the screen to write. :rolleyes:

And perhaps just as importantly, you'll actually be able to enjoy the spectacle of Nude Day. :D

Unlikely. Nude Day is a US-only event. I can't see that far but I live by the beach so a hot day produces almost the same effect.

Unlikely. Nude Day is a US-only event. I can't see that far but I live by the beach so a hot day produces almost the same effect.

If i remember correctly, New Zealand is the only country with a real nude day holiday.

If i remember correctly, New Zealand is the only country with a real nude day holiday.

Maybe, but we have nude cycle rides and nude protests as well. Being on a beach side road means that they often pass in front of my house...

Some of you are putting too much thought into the "nationall nude day" as if the story has to be related to any activity and the festivity of sorts has to be central to the story.

Just write something hot where nudism/naturism/exhibitionism or all the three are involved and that's it. The NND might not even be mentioned or just used as an excuse by one or some of the characters.

Just read some of the winners from previous years. A sexy story involving nudism and that's it.

Last edited:
Just write something hot where nudism/naturism/exhibitionism or all the three are involved and that's it. The NND might not even be mentioned or just used as an excuse by one or some of the characters.

That's where I'm going. The story doesn't even take place in summer.

Desperate for inspiration, I hit Wikipedia but found nothing on National Nude Day (NND). There's World Naked Gardening Day (1st Saturday in May, this past weekend); and the Finnish nude 10km run/walk Nakukymppi (one week before midsummer, Monday 24 June 2019); and the World Naked Bike Ride, around the same time; and the Naked Pumpkin Run, but that's around Hallowe'en.

I've already read and written NND gimmicks. I need something new, maybe with incest vore or tentacle creatures. Or skydiving and skateboards. Or naked 'ukulele bands -- you can't hide much behind an 'uke. Why won't the voices in my head command me?

Maybe you're setting your standards too high. There are a gazillion different ways that people might get nude. All you need is one. It doesn't have to be the best way, just something to spin a story out of.

Maybe you're setting your standards too high. There are a gazillion different ways that people might get nude. All you need is one. It doesn't have to be the best way, just something to spin a story out of.

QFT.

This is one of the more difficult contests for me every year, though not as hard as Valentines. I thought of something totally ludicrous this year, though, and the story wrote itself.

I finally got my new glasses. Now i might be able to see the screen to write. :rolleyes:

Nah. It's like Hemmingway's proverbial 'write drunk, edit sober'.

You don't need spectacles to write. You need them to edit and proofread.

Look forward to seeing yours.

Back