The Official Authors' Hangout Halloween 2023 Contest Support Thread

Well done to the winners! (lesbians so hot this year 😘 )

So proud to have ended up with a 4.72 for a weirdo story in a weirdo category. Thank you to all the fellow weirdos who voted me highly I love you forever.

Well, this was a big surprise. My story was published only a week ago, and based on where it stood after one day I thought it had no chance. Additional votes and a few sweeps helped. It's by far the highest-scoring story I've ever had.

This is a cool milestone for me: My $75 for third place is the first time in my life that I have earned money for writing fiction. Woo hoo! I've gone pro.

Congrats to Altissimuss and Jackie.O.Hikaru, and thanks to those who voted on my story.

Thanks also to TarnishedPenny, who did a beta reading, and whose suggestions, most of which I followed, made it a better story.
Congratulations on going pro, too!

Well, done Doomanator, well done.
Well, this was a big surprise. My story was published only a week ago, and based on where it stood after one day I thought it had no chance. Additional votes and a few sweeps helped. It's by far the highest-scoring story I've ever had.

This is a cool milestone for me: My $75 for third place is the first time in my life that I have earned money for writing fiction. Woo hoo! I've gone pro.

Congrats to Altissimuss and Jackie.O.Hikaru, and thanks to those who voted on my story.

Thanks also to TarnishedPenny, who did a beta reading, and whose suggestions, most of which I followed, made it a better story.

Well done Simon 😊.

Em

Good morning all! I see the score fairy has been through and waved her magic wand over everything. My story lost about 10 votes and gained a H, so I'm happy with that.

Well done to the winners, and Simon - you can now smugly say, "Well, yes, I placed third in an international writers competition. There was some stiff competition, but I'm pleased I came there."

This was fun. I'm glad that I had the opportunity to contribute this idea that I had, make it real and present it in this showcase and gain some valuable exposure. Thanks to everyone and congratz to the winners. :)

Congrats to all three! Simon, special celebrations are due for you breaking into the Paid For Fiction club! You go, pro.

I lost 5 votes, and went from 4.32 to 4.81. Which I doubt would win even if I had the required 25 votes.
I'm just gratified that I apparently didn't earn those 1* votes.

Last edited:
Altissimus won and currently has 4.92, Jackie.O.Hikaru took second place, but since the contest closed, her story has crept past Altissimus's, with a 4.93, and our good friend SimonDoom, the Doommister, took third place with a score of 4.88. So, while you wouldn't have won, you'd have been right near them.
I lost 5 votes, and went from 4.32 to 4.81. Which I doubt would win even if I had the required 25 votes.
I'm just gratified that I apparently did earn those 1* votes.
But then again, the score on the actual story may or may not be correct at this time.

Good morning all! I see the score fairy has been through and waved her magic wand over everything. My story lost about 10 votes and gained a H, so I'm happy with that.

Well done to the winners, and Simon - you can now smugly say, "Well, yes, I placed third in an international writers competition. There was some stiff competition, but I'm pleased I came there."
I see what you did there, and there...

Congrats Simon, Jackie and Altiss!
Um, maybe now I'll actually get a chance to read them.

Altissimus won and currently has 4.91, Jackie.O.Hikaru took second place, but since the contest closed, her story has crept past Altissimus's, with a 4.93, and our good friend SimonDoom, the Doommister, took third place with a score of 4.88. So, while you wouldn't have won, you'd have been right near them.
OK, from now on he's not Simon, he's definitely the DoomMister!

Thanks for the encouragement, Millie.

Back