The Official Authors Hangout Winter Holiday 2023 Contest Support Thread

Congrats to the winners! Very glad I threw my hat in: was fun to try something new, and am certainly pleased with all the love my story received. Looking forward to giving another contest a go, but will probably wait until Halloween rolls around. Hard to picture myself writing anything in any of the other sorts of contests that pop up.

Woot! Thanks to the voters… and thanks to the sweeper! The .06 jump at the finish line was crucial. I’m not really gonna math-geek the thing, but that feels like a big jump with as many votes as there are out there. (I forgot to record how many Father Christmas had before today)
Regardless, I’m proud of the story, but there were a TON of good stories this time around, I was not expecting a place (well, a show)
Great storytelling everybody.

Woot! Thanks to the voters… and thanks to the sweeper! The .06 jump at the finish line was crucial. I’m not really gonna math-geek the thing, but that feels like a big jump with as many votes as there are out there. (I forgot to record how many Father Christmas had before today)
Regardless, I’m proud of the story, but there were a TON of good stories this time around, I was not expecting a place (well, a show)
Great storytelling everybody.
Well done 👍

Em

Back