The Official Authors' Hangout Literotica 25th Anniversary Challenge Support Thread

View attachment 2280769
The Official Authors' Hangout Literotica 25th Anniversary Challenge Support Thread
For Twenty Five years Literotica has been here, a clearing house of erotica written by real people with contests and challenges to entice the very best from people all over the world. Heres your chance to sing their praises... or your praises... or praises of anniversaries...

This thread is to SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE authors to enter stories in the Literotica 25th Anniversary Challenge Story Event If you have questions, post them here and someone will answer. It might be me, it might be someone else here but don't be shy. Ask.

If you're a first time writer, or this is the first time you're putting a story in to an "Event" on Literotica, hey, don't get stressed about it. You don't have to have written anything before to write for this event. This isn’t a “by invitation only” event it's open to everyone. This is not a competition. There's no scores, no prizes, it's just for fun.

New Writers - these events are a chance to hone your skills and get your name out there, and we're here to help, this forum is for you and for the old hands at the skill to help you.

Experienced Writers - this forum is for you to step up and mentor a new generation of writers

We're all here just writing for fun, come join a bunch of other writers doing the same thing. If you're not sure about what to do, how to submit your story, anything at all in fact, just post your questions here. We've all been there and we're a bunch of very helpful people and we like to pass it on.

The Rules: Write a story or essay on the following themes, submit it, repeat.

Themes: Literotica, anniversaries, the number 25

You can submit your work: November 1 - 19

Challenge Date is November 21

The author must copy and paste the phrase "LIT 25" into Notes to Admin

Please add the tag words "Literotica 25th Anniversary"

That's it! See you on the Event Page on the 21st!

The Official Rules are here

Have Fun
My story has been published already! Happy that it's out there, but will it also appear with all the other stories in the challenge on November 21? Hope so, as it was very specifically geared to the challenge...

My story has been published already! Happy that it's out there, but will it also appear with all the other stories in the challenge on November 21? Hope so, as it was very specifically geared to the challenge...

If you tagged it the correct way, then it should! There isn't really a compiled list of the published stories for the challenges until the actual date hits, unlike the competitions. But on the 21st it should be put together and end up on the front page. 💙

If you tagged it the correct way, then it should! There isn't really a compiled list of the published stories for the challenges until the actual date hits, unlike the competitions. But on the 21st it should be put together and end up on the front page. 💙
Many thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I'm really looking forward to reading the entries for this one.

Published! (Or enqueued at least) - Chapter 25 of Only Consenting Adults... and a wedding anniversary, published on Literotica. Reckon that's the trifecta.
And now live: Only Consenting Adults ch 25 - it's got 25 in the title and it's about a wedding anniversary. And as @gbdfa pointed out it's gone live exactly one year to the day since All Under Control ch 08, where Cameron actually proposed to Mina and they decided to get married a year later, so it's the anniversary of the publish on Literotica. Which is quite meta.

Seems to be my life. I manage the last, absolute last minute... or not at all. Submitted three quite short, especially for me, tales built around twenty-fives.

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who took the chance and came up with a story with limited warning.
we had 33 stories make the final list, thank you all for giving it a go!​

An intriguing and eclectic mix in this collection.

Multiple themes riffing on the number 25, also anniversaries played a big role for several, and a few direct references to Literotica.

14 categories, 29 authors (two folks contributed three.)

5 in Loving wives
4 in Mature
3 in Group, Humor, and IT
2 in EC, Illustrated, Non erotic, Romance, and Reviews & Essays
1 each in First time, Letters, Novels (!), Non-Human

Thanks to Duleigh for flogging this (many, perhaps like me, would have missed this otherwise) and more than a few I suspect were done on short notice.

And thanks to everyone else as well, a fitting tribute to our little playground here, may it linger on into the sunset.

View attachment 2280769
For Twenty Five years Literotica has been here, a clearing house of erotica written by real people with contests and challenges to entice the very best from people all over the world. Heres your chance to sing their praises... or your praises... or praises of anniversaries...

This thread is to SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE authors to enter stories in the Literotica 25th Anniversary Challenge Story Event If you have questions, post them here and someone will answer. It might be me, it might be someone else here but don't be shy. Ask.

If you're a first time writer, or this is the first time you're putting a story in to an "Event" on Literotica, hey, don't get stressed about it. You don't have to have written anything before to write for this event. This isn’t a “by invitation only” event it's open to everyone. This is not a competition. There's no scores, no prizes, it's just for fun.

New Writers - these events are a chance to hone your skills and get your name out there, and we're here to help, this forum is for you and for the old hands at the skill to help you.

Experienced Writers - this forum is for you to step up and mentor a new generation of writers

We're all here just writing for fun, come join a bunch of other writers doing the same thing. If you're not sure about what to do, how to submit your story, anything at all in fact, just post your questions here. We've all been there and we're a bunch of very helpful people and we like to pass it on.

The Rules: Write a story or essay on the following themes, submit it, repeat.

Themes: Literotica, anniversaries, the number 25

You can submit your work: November 1 - 19

Challenge Date is November 21

The author must copy and paste the phrase "LIT 25" into Notes to Admin

Please add the tag words "Literotica 25th Anniversary"

That's it! See you on the Event Page on the 21st!

The Official Rules are here

Have Fun
For those that haven't already had a poke around, there are some really great entries in this one, including some really personal and quite fascinating essays about Literotica itself, and the authors' relationship with the site. Thank you, Duleigh, for running this support thread, and also for your great entry. I had a lot of fun writing my story, but I've had a lot more reading the other entries. One of the best challenges yet!

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who took the chance and came up with a story with limited warning.
we had 33 stories make the final list, thank you all for giving it a go!​

Thank you, Duleigh, for wrangling the doxies to set up this event.

And Major Congratulations to Laurel and Manu and the Literotica Community on 25 years.

I'm only disappointed in myself that one story I'd wanted to submit didn't make it, as life simply Got In The Way. But I did receive this comment on one that did, in fact, according to Yowser's list the only NonHuman tale, so it makes it all worth it:

Pure Dead Brilliant craic, and pretty hot, too! Five stars without hesitation...

Now to get the time to read a few more of the tales.

Back