The Official Authors' Hangout Literotica 25th Anniversary Challenge Support Thread

Apparently 257Fm has a half-life of 100 days. "For an erection lasting more than three months, consult your physician physicist."
That's half-life. At any given time, within a sample of fermium, atoms are decaying. Not something a metallurgist would want to work with. Guess I should stop overthinking this now.

A 25th anniversary get together for Lit authors. So many stories come to mind.

So... has to include 25 or anniversary. Maybe if you made it broader. I feel it's too constrained... 🤪
No, it says nothing like that. The suggested themes are Literotica, anniversaries, the number 25

No, it says nothing like that. The suggested themes are Literotica, anniversaries, the number 25
Okay, in that case I shall submit chapter 25, which has a one-year anniversary in it and also some erotica. Do I get bonus points for doing all 3?

I got my first one done, just a simple essay on what LitE has meant to me over the years.

At the level of pure CHALLENGE, and introducing other characters 18+ yo, the 25th Classic Animated Disney movie is "The Black Cauldron" (somehow Tolkienesque but we can't say it out loud) (and to some extent the basis of Harry Potter, but...).🧙‍♀️🧌🦄🏰🛡️⚔️🩻🗝️⚡✨
I realize it's too late to suggest, but maybe someone really talented could pick up the gauntlet and feel 'provoked'.

At the level of pure CHALLENGE, and introducing other characters 18+ yo, the 25th Classic Animated Disney movie is "The Black Cauldron" (somehow Tolkienesque but we can't say it out loud) (and to some extent the basis of Harry Potter, but...).🧙‍♀️🧌🦄🏰🛡️⚔️🩻🗝️⚡✨
I realize it's too late to suggest, but maybe someone really talented could pick up the gauntlet and feel 'provoked'.

No.

A prominent character in Prydain is an oracular pig, and bestiality is a no-no here.

(y)

I can't grasp what the plot themes could be for this exercise. Neither a story praising Literotica's 25 years nor seasoned writers helping new writers seem to have wheels as a story theme.

A bunch of "25" or "anniversary" themed things suggest themselves to me, but sadly, none of them interest me enough to write about them.

I am working on a story, and so far it includes one of the character's 25th birthday party and a hotel celebrating their 25th anniversary since their grand opening. Is that enough to meet the criteria of the challenge, I wonder? Because they are both settings / scenery rather than highly pivotal plot points. Do I need to make the theme a more central part of the story?

I am working on a story, and so far it includes one of the character's 25th birthday party and a hotel celebrating their 25th anniversary since their grand opening. Is that enough to meet the criteria of the challenge, I wonder? Because they are both settings / scenery rather than highly pivotal plot points. Do I need to make the theme a more central part of the story?
Personally, I think that's fine. It's not a competition, just a challenge.

The following things are also celebrating their 25th Anniversary
  • AOL dial-up
  • Reboot
  • Yahoo! Messenger
  • Yahoo! Movies
  • Betty Spaghetty
  • BlackBerry 950
  • Flutie Flakes
  • Fujifilm FinePix
  • Furby
  • Future Cola
  • Pepsi One

Still new at this. For a contest, stories can be submitted ahead of time, to give Laurel a chance to review them, and then they are posted on 'opening day'. Do challenges work in the same way? Are stories posted on 'opening day' and throughout the challenge dates, or are they held until the challenge ending date?

Back