The Official Authors' Hangout Literotica 25th Anniversary Challenge Support Thread

Duleigh

Just an old dog
vector-golden-25th-anniverasry-illustration.jpg
The Official Authors' Hangout Literotica 25th Anniversary Challenge Support Thread
For Twenty Five years Literotica has been here, a clearing house of erotica written by real people with contests and challenges to entice the very best from people all over the world. Heres your chance to sing their praises... or your praises... or praises of anniversaries...

This thread is to SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE authors to enter stories in the Literotica 25th Anniversary Challenge Story Event If you have questions, post them here and someone will answer. It might be me, it might be someone else here but don't be shy. Ask.

If you're a first time writer, or this is the first time you're putting a story in to an "Event" on Literotica, hey, don't get stressed about it. You don't have to have written anything before to write for this event. This isn’t a “by invitation only” event it's open to everyone. This is not a competition. There's no scores, no prizes, it's just for fun.

New Writers - these events are a chance to hone your skills and get your name out there, and we're here to help, this forum is for you and for the old hands at the skill to help you.

Experienced Writers - this forum is for you to step up and mentor a new generation of writers

We're all here just writing for fun, come join a bunch of other writers doing the same thing. If you're not sure about what to do, how to submit your story, anything at all in fact, just post your questions here. We've all been there and we're a bunch of very helpful people and we like to pass it on.

The Rules: Write a story or essay on the following themes, submit it, repeat.

Themes: Literotica, anniversaries, the number 25

You can submit your work: November 1 - 19

Challenge Date is November 21

The author must copy and paste the phrase "LIT 25" into Notes to Admin

Please add the tag words "Literotica 25th Anniversary"

That's it! See you on the Event Page on the 21st!

The Official Rules are here

Have Fun

Last edited:
I'll look for a story that is up for sale to use for the challenge (not cheating, I swear it isn't) or one I have on my must-finish list.

I noticed that no one else stepped up so I DM'd Laurel last night and said I'd do the support thread. This isn't a secret, the Lit25 event has been on the calendar all year long. I have one ready and another all planned out.

We are all capable of generating a quick stroker featuring the number 25 overnight, what do you have in you?

I noticed that no one else stepped up so I DM'd Laurel last night and said I'd do the support thread. This isn't a secret, the Lit25 event has been on the calendar all year long. I have one ready and another all planned out.

We are all capable of generating a quick stroker featuring the number 25 overnight, what do you have in you?
I’ll do my best. But have some series commitments to fulfill and some promised beta reading.

If I do submit something, it will likely be 3-5k words only.

Em

We need Ogg. He could do thirty x 25 word snippets, and bring something in at 750 words.

I doubt I could get anything done in that time, but who knows.

Ye god, have I been here 18 years? o_O
Me too, (Actually I'be been here 21 years, it took me 2 years to sign up for the forum) I didn't have the gumption you had to post the stories. I waited until I was retired, disabled, and put on the ignore list by the VA before I fired up that degree in English you tax payers bought me and started typing.

I have three degrees but none are in English. As a matter of fact, I barely passed high school English some sixty years ago.

I have three degrees but none are in English. As a matter of fact, I barely passed high school English some sixty years ago.
I enlisted just in time to get the Vietnam era GI Bill so I was using that up, and I never could settle on a major until my student advisor who was anxious to get me off his campus informed me that I had enough credits to hit the streets with a brand new degree in English Lit. So far my degree has earned me $175.00

Would setting a story in 1998 count?

25, huh? Then I absolutely must write something that involves manganese, the element with 25 protons.

Manganese, OK, but see what you can come up with by adding Tin, Rhenium and Fermium. Would they alloy?

Tx, I have a GED and Ph.D. in Street Smarts, but English is a grand mystery to me.

Would setting a story in 1998 count?

Manganese, OK, but see what you can come up with by adding Tin, Rhenium and Fermium. Would they alloy?
I see what you did there. Atomic numbers 50, 75, and 100.

Any attempt to use fermium would come to grief. It's a transuranic, with no stable isotopes, so it would decay at once. Element 125 has never been observed, and it would be even more ephemeral than fermium--and envious of 126, on the 'island of stability' that might allow it to have an isotope that lasts for a few seconds. That's just a nuclear thing, 'closed shells' correspond to 'magic numbers.'

Manganese itself is used for hardening steel. So clearly this sets up a story about a 'medical' breakthrough for robots with erectile dysfunction.

Back