The Lit experience: men v women

But it seamed to be a double edged sword. People could give you a bad rating and you’d have no clue why. And sometimes it could be because they thought you boring, too old or not wanting to meet unreasonable requests. Plus I think people often didn’t bother rating you at all. Give me my 5* already, or a bad rating will have a disproportionate affect!
Yes. There are some psychos here.

I can imagine some men would 1 star everyone who didn't immediately want to send nudes. And some women would 1 star everyone who clicked 'like' on another woman's posts.

But... you'd quickly get averages. The psychos would hit everyone so everyone would have a 1 star review, thus reducing the overall average score. People would quickly see that say....3.2 was average. So having a 3.2 out of 5 wouldn't make others think you sucked.

And it's a fair bet than women and men would have different average scores for a whole bunch of statistical reasons. So 3.2 might be average for men but 3.7 might be average for women.

And then you'd see women who posted boob pics would have higher scores because one boob pic would get eleventy kagiklion 5 star ratings, while men who posted dick pics constantly would have lower scores.

So women who posted pics would have a 4.0 average while women who didn't would have a 3.1 average.

In the end there would be so many variables on what factors into star ratings that they would become meaningless.

To try to offset any of that you'd need complex rules about how often you could rate someone and who you could rate....like they would have to be someone who has interacted with you. And that is a lot of coding.

Now that I have sexually aroused everyone with this analysis of the inherent problems of a ratings system 😂.....I'll just say it wouldn't work on Lit.

Haven’t been on in months. Mostly got boring with the same old posts and nothing interesting going on. There was a short period where I was getting DMs and some fun but that dried up quick and it became very uninteresting
Well, you attacked an innocent country!

Ydahecnot: going for the low-hanging fruit so you don’t have to since 2011.

Yes. There are some psychos here.

I can imagine some men would 1 star everyone who didn't immediately want to send nudes. And some women would 1 star everyone who clicked 'like' on another woman's posts.

But... you'd quickly get averages. The psychos would hit everyone so everyone would have a 1 star review, thus reducing the overall average score. People would quickly see that say....3.2 was average. So having a 3.2 out of 5 wouldn't make others think you sucked.

And it's a fair bet than women and men would have different average scores for a whole bunch of statistical reasons. So 3.2 might be average for men but 3.7 might be average for women.

And then you'd see women who posted boob pics would have higher scores because one boob pic would get eleventy kagiklion 5 star ratings, while men who posted dick pics constantly would have lower scores.

So women who posted pics would have a 4.0 average while women who didn't would have a 3.1 average.

In the end there would be so many variables on what factors into star ratings that they would become meaningless.

To try to offset any of that you'd need complex rules about how often you could rate someone and who you could rate....like they would have to be someone who has interacted with you. And that is a lot of coding.

Now that I have sexually aroused everyone with this analysis of the inherent problems of a ratings system 😂.....I'll just say it wouldn't work on Lit.

I just creamed my panties 😁

Or....or..... they could be an adult and just ask questions :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Nah. I will 100% look through someone’s post history before engaging in conversation. I am not only not going to waste my time with someone with whom I will clearly not get along, but I have had enough experiences in the past where I gave a guy a chance here, replied and tried to get to know him for some obsessive stage 5 clinger shit to go down. It is absolutely adult and reasonable to use the tools available to vet folks as best we can.

Nah. I will 100% look through someone’s post history before engaging in conversation. I am not only not going to waste my time with someone with whom I will clearly not get along, but I have had enough experiences in the past where I gave a guy a chance here, replied and tried to get to know him for some obsessive stage 5 clinger shit to go down. It is absolutely adult and reasonable to use the tools available to vet folks as best we can.
Don't let past experiences prohibit possible future joys.
Lord knows I did that to myself for far too long.

Hard disagree, 100%. 20+ years at Lit have taught me quite a lot about how people communicate here, how they use the site. It’s asinine to not look at someone’s posting history before engaging in any real conversation with them, before taking any chances of revealing identifying information.

Hard disagree, 100%. 20+ years at Lit have taught me quite a lot about how people communicate here, how they use the site. It’s asinine to not look at someone’s posting history before engaging in any real conversation with them, before taking any chances of revealing identifying information.
Wow, you've been on here for 20+ years. How have you seen the site change over that time???

PSA: I spent 20 minutes this morning deleting every post made by a woman (or someone claiming to be a woman) who is charging people to chat with her. This is the 5th profile she’s created in the past two weeks for this purpose, wasting a whole lot of my time. While this account (these accounts) are clearly being created for the purpose of scamming members, others are not as clearly obvious. Still, almost every person she posted to in a forum replied all excited to have someone responding to their personal. The couple who had evidently scrolled her post history, called her out. They are the smart ones about to prevent themselves from getting taken for an unpleasant (at best) ride. Be smart. Information is available.

this. got to weed out that those stage 5 dudes

Your theory is great in principle, but there is a certain type that can get seriously obsessively clingy, interpret things that aren't there, and they repeat the pattern again and again. It is really something you want to weed out, as once you engage and feed it, even unknowingly, it can get very extreme very fast. Making this mistake is why some bail on lit. It is unnerving.

Your theory is great in principle, but there is a certain type that can get seriously obsessively clingy, interpret things that aren't there, and they repeat the pattern again and again. It is really something you want to weed out, as once you engage and feed it, even unknowingly, it can get very extreme very fast. Making this mistake is why some bail on lit. It is unnerving.
I'm sorry that you and her and others have had bad experiences with people.

I can and did, only express the mistake that I made when I closed myself off.

I was not and am not "telling" anybody "what to do"

Says a lot about the hubris of people to assume the meaning of anybody else's words. (not talking about you).

PSA: I spent 20 minutes this morning deleting every post made by a woman (or someone claiming to be a woman) who is charging people to chat with her. This is the 5th profile she’s created in the past two weeks for this purpose, wasting a whole lot of my time. While this account (these accounts) are clearly being created for the purpose of scamming members, others are not as clearly obvious. Still, almost every person she posted to in a forum replied all excited to have someone responding to their personal. The couple who had evidently scrolled her post history, called her out. They are the smart ones about to prevent themselves from getting taken for an unpleasant (at best) ride. Be smart. Information is available.
I have seen that too lately.

When a "woman" is brand new to Lit and wants to meet every man on the site in person right away and is into every single fetish/kink/fantasy and oh just happens to have a link in her bio to a site where some of her photos are shared.....

Yeah....run away, people. Have a brain.

Yet every single time one of those accounts starts a thread in the personal ads there are 100 responses of men saying "I will satisfy you with my 9 inch uncut dick, PM sent!"

I've been horny. But I've never been "look past the obvious shill account trying to scam me and lie about my dick size to impress it" horny.

What do you mean by "slower"???

If I may ask.
20 years ago....the first time I was here....there was more traffic on Lit. More people. More messages.

But back then there were fewer options for sex related message boards. And message boards in general were more popular. Now Lit is competing with things like Twitter and such.

So less traffic

I'm sorry that you and her and others have had bad experiences with people.

I can and did, only express the mistake that I made when I closed myself off.

I was not and am not "telling" anybody "what to do"

Says a lot about the hubris of people to assume the meaning of anybody else's words. (not talking about you).
oh I get it. I saw it is a life philosophy type thing, which I agree with in theory. I mostly don't worry about most interpersonal things. I get along with certain posters that many really dislike, but it is an interesting difference between men vs women on what to look out for. Women get more bunny boilers and men get more "chicks" wanting their rent paid 🤣

20 years ago....the first time I was here....there was more traffic on Lit. More people. More messages.

But back then there were fewer options for sex related message boards. And message boards in general were more popular. Now Lit is competing with things like Twitter and such.

So less traffic
Ah OK. I understand better now. Thank you.

oh I get it. I saw it is a life philosophy type thing, which I agree with in theory. I mostly don't worry about most interpersonal things. I get along with certain poster that many really dislike, but it is an interesting difference between men vs women on what to look out for. Women get more bunny boilers and men get more chicks wanting their rent paid 🤣
I grew up with 3 sisters and 5 aunts. They spent a lot of time "teaching and warning" me about what types of things to "look for" in woman.
When I first got out on my own, I pretty much strictly followed what they told me and I ended up missing out on so much.
Of course, they did what they did out of love for me; so I don't harbour any ill will.
Luckily, one of those woman that I blew off, came back into my life later and we're now good friends.

I'd like to know what those more experienced here think but I signed up here with the intent/expectation of meeting like minded people who use this site as an outlet or a place to escape. I assumed most people started with the stories and migrated to forum? Are the pics nice? Sure, but honestly it's more about the connection. I figure if we're all here at this particular site, we're already starting with several things in common. I expected a little more civility here but seems to be a fair amount of trolls here too.

Back