This is the story of my time on Lit (what's yours?)

I’ve been coming to lit since 2007-8 reading stories until my eyes hurt. Over and over using them as fantasies for my own life. Brings me to present day I found the personals. Decided I needed more human connection/conversation. Signed up and here I am still trying to get what I’m looking for

Came here to write. Met a lovely boy and spent some time together online and in person. Met my current H on the forums. We’ve been together for 15 years. He’s seen me through breast cancer and a host of other issues.

Back to writing and chatting these days just for fun. H and I are exploring the idea of an ‘open’ marriage. We will see how that goes.

Guided here by an uncle after a bad sexual experience when I was just 18, I found many other troubled people here like me, seeking advice and love from strangers.

Now, five years later, I am so much more confident and sexually aware, and Lit has improved my self confidence and belief in the goodness of others.

For this I am grateful to Lit.

I was brought to Lit by a woman who was my first online crush. Her husband was my wife's playmate, albeit a secret to me. The crush became a consolation of sorts. The storyline "Noodles" on my author page was a rough fantasy about that dynamic although nothing physical ever happened. She encouraged to write down my fantasies, then told me about this place to submit them. It was a month or so before I found the forum.
I have been active on here on and off over the years. I've met a bunch of cool people on here who became real life friends. I have only met 7 folks in real life, including my friend SpiceySouthernBelle who passed about 6 years ago. That's probably the long and short of it without me getting into details I'd rather not share.
Lit represents to me an escape. A place where like-minded individuals assemble. Through the drama and such, it's interesting what inspiration results from looking at the different forums and such.

I got on here a little over 10 years ago due to always being on the road, and finding the forums through the audio stories (I'm a very sound-effected person. :D ). I met a few people now and then, and actually caught some feelings for one. The timing was incredibly off, and we ended up separating on awful terms. She'd probably kick my ass if we ever met in person (and she could). After that I had to take a long hard look at my actions and what was going on around me, and make some stark changes.

I've always looked at the forums as has been expressed on here previously: an escape from some of the awful that the real world has to offer. However, there are lines that I've needed to establish personally as that "escapism" can go very wrong, very fast. This isn't the same as a video game or some other retreat where there aren't real people involved. Emotions can run deep, and hearts can be broken. I learned that you truly need to be authentic with the people you meet, whether in real life or online, and that has led to some fantastic friendships. Sadly one of those friends, probably the one I grew closest to, was stalked and ended up leaving lit, and I've found myself missing her quite a bit lately.

As an addendum to the last part: turns out she was probably a catfish. It is amazing what people will do behind a screen.

Last edited:
I was a pimply teen searching google to see how to remove a Zit and accidentally typed in Lit. i still can’t type for shit but the zits are gone.
Oh that's awesome...and so what did you think at tgep time? Was it mind blowing...exciting?

Guided here by an uncle after a bad sexual experience when I was just 18, I found many other troubled people here like me, seeking advice and love from strangers.

Now, five years later, I am so much more confident and sexually aware, and Lit has improved my self confidence and belief in the goodness of others.

For this I am grateful to Lit.
Now that's a happy ending 😊

Hmmm….3rd person feels right for this one for some reason.

Girl finds erotic story site and spends a lot of time there. Shares with husband. Husband slut shames girl. She sticks around, continues to read, but hides it.

Girl finds forums. Girl makes friends. Eventually, not looking for this at all, girl makes a special friend (ultimately the “Him” in her username). Years pass, and Lit becomes a very big part of her life. She meets many people irl, including one of her best friends, and has 2 more Litlationships (really regrets one of them). Lit helped her (and hurt a bit) during the much needed divorce. Drama found her more than once, friendships were damaged and lost, some for the best, some tragically. A few were repaired ❤️. She carries a couple decades of experience and Lit life lessons with her as she now moderates a few of the forums.

Married, my dear wife is long term ill and our sex life doesn't matter anymore, caring for my life partner does. Lit. brings me fun and friends and yes sexual relief, it is Literotica!! out in the cyber world, where my Lit. buds, guys and gals, know it's for what they want to take from it, never going to go beyond cyberspace. Thank you Lit. and to those who put up with me.

i never realized just how my mind worked regarding sex . like most though some topics to read then expanded to chats . my god my mind opened up to things i never thought would totally arouse me . I tried writting but it was poor at best, with too many errors and not understanding the structure so i gave up for a bit. the may chat room are so eye opening and i can get lost in the role play ideas and things that scare the hell out of me but at the same time fills my mind with Desire.

I found Lit by accident, joined the forums not knowing what I was getting myself into (haha), and stayed for the escape and the connection. My first few years here I was invested and, uhh... active. 🙈 It was an education and an adventure!

More recently, I've been busy building a life that I no longer want to escape, and for the first time since I joined, I can say that life is good, and I'm happy. Consequently, I'm only here on occasion.

But now I'm on winter break, so you're gonna have to put up with me for the next two weeks, bitches!!
🤘😜🤘

Prior to Lit I was a regular visitor to SexInfo102. A serious knowledge site with an equally serious Forum (same structure as old Lut).

A few of us were too silly/flirty for Lit and got told off for it. We searched and jumped ship here around 15-20 years ago.

The two sites were/are an escape from a complicated life. And what an escape it has been. It has helped that many ladies of Lit are in a similar situation to me.

Over the years I have had many lovely friends. I’ve only met three face to face, but wow. A true privilege. I dated one of these for 9 years and Lit faded into the background. An amazing lady who I wish the best to.

On my return I was truly shocked that WeeSpanner had died. I had the best laughs with her. I’m sure many will remember her. Another 2 Listers I’d allowed into my RL had already passed on too.

Lit is very quiet these days. Especially in the U.K. time zone. It literally comes to life as I prepare to sleep.

But I’m sure it will continue to be an amazing place for many. Sure, there will be ups and downs. But it’s what you make it. I could honestly write a book about my adventures here but… that might be ungentlemanly.

One last thing to ponder. Many of the amazing friendships… they could easy have been one off horny moments. Could easy have not happened if either person was dismissive.

NOT and excuse to be a dick!

I first joined Lit, as somewhere to read and submit stories. After submitting a few stories, and reading many others, I realized how much time and effort it takes to do a proper story. I just could never take the time to write to the quality needed.

I did start to really enjoy the forums, especially some of pictures. Both amateur pics, and links.

But my favorite part has always been interacting with other Lit members. Over the years, I made a few friends. Unfortunately, rhe conversations and realtionships fizzled out over time. But I often still think about a few of the member I met on here, and hope they are doing well.

These days, I mainly just come here in the hopes of chatting and interacting with others.

I joined around 10 years ago and back then it was mainly for reading the stories, I would sometimes add comments on the various threads, then I stopped coming around for a while.

recently I’ve been back, looking round the forums, commenting on a few posts, I got to chat to a few nice people but like always online that only lasted a while then someone more interesting would come along for them to chat to, but thats the life on social media sites and always will be.

I often consider creating a post to see if people would like to chat but seeing how many posts by guys get replies on I’ve always decided it’s best to not bother or you can end up feeling a bit neglected and out of place ☺️

Married, my dear wife is long term ill and our sex life doesn't matter anymore, caring for my life partner does. Lit. brings me fun and friends and yes sexual relief, it is Literotica!! out in the cyber world, where my Lit. buds, guys and gals, know it's for what they want to take from it, never going to go beyond cyberspace. Thank you Lit. and to those who put up with me.
I love your answer. I'm sorry to hear about your wife.
I lost my wife to a long term illness two years ago. She was so much fun and she loved sex! She knew that I was on here a lot. Some times, she would sit beside me while I was on here and read posts with me and she read what I posted. I have posted a number of stories on Lit in the CFNM genre. She read every story before I posted them.
She knew my kinks and really worked toward us both enjoying our play times. Regarding CFNM, we had some wonderful experiences. She didn't want to bring anyone else into our fun, so it was just us, and we did have some great times together.

I've been on here a long time and was a lurker for several years before joining.

Back