"Tales of Leinyere" Story Event: Official Support Thread

Does anyone have any additions or adjustments to make to the map before the Post Date?

I'm assuming Laurel will want an updated image for the event page, so get your towns and nations in now!

Windscour Keep somewhere in the Windscour Desert :) Doesn't matter where ...

Mine's in!

I had to change the title because of the character limitations, so it's now...

The Leinyere farmer's daughter
So, two salesbeing’s autolandau broke down near a farm...

I've been lucky enough to have read Jackie and Siobhancan's story. Both were very good. :)

I'll be keen to read the rest.

Submitted!

title: "Cat Abasis, Ch 0: the Night Before"

It's kinda short :-/ But the real chapters will go up eventually!

Jackie's is really good. It felt really like, Fritz Lieber/Jack Vance sort of classic... but without all the problematic stuff of old time fantasy. lol

I did not get to work on mine this weekend. Work interfered. Was the 16th a hard deadline?

Map!

Last call for map edits that you want on the event page graphic!

I'll send the file to Laurel tomorrow, so if you have any locations to add or adjust, let me know today!

Last call for map edits that you want on the event page graphic!

I'll send the file to Laurel tomorrow, so if you have any locations to add or adjust, let me know today!
Would you mark "Catacombs of Abasis" at the root of the large peninsula northwest of Portoa, please? If no one has claimed that region.

And if it's easy to alter geography, add some hills to both big peninsulae. Maybe they connect to the Amber Hills, even.

Please and thank you :)

Would you mark "Catacombs of Abasis" at the root of the large peninsula northwest of Portoa, please? If no one has claimed that region.

And if it's easy to alter geography, add some hills to both big peninsulae. Maybe they connect to the Amber Hills, even.

Please and thank you :)

Done. Could you check and let me know if it's in the right place? Thank you!

Thanks for all your effort, Nouh!

Are you kidding? Thank you to all of you for not just participating in this crazy "Hey, what if we..." idea, but making it awesome! I have loved the few stories I've read so far and I am so looking forward to reading the rest. And worldbuilding here on the thread has been so much fun! Thank you all!

Are you kidding? Thank you to all of you for not just participating in this crazy "Hey, what if we..." idea, but making it awesome! I have loved the few stories I've read so far and I am so looking forward to reading the rest. And worldbuilding here on the thread has been so much fun! Thank you all!

Second Voboy's comment. A lot of story ideas get thrown up against the wall here, but a lot of them don't stick. This one seems to have really attracted some good ideas, and it's really because of your work producing the map and compiling the world notes. I know it's certainly helped me flesh out my story.

:cattail: :cool:

Second Voboy's comment. A lot of story ideas get thrown up against the wall here, but a lot of them don't stick. This one seems to have really attracted some good ideas, and it's really because of your work producing the map and compiling the world notes. I know it's certainly helped me flesh out my story.

:cattail: :cool:

That’s very kind of you to say. Thank you.

Jackie's is really good. It felt really like, Fritz Lieber/Jack Vance sort of classic... but without all the problematic stuff of old time fantasy. lol

Aw thanks, that's very kind. Now I have to read Fritz Lieber and Jack Vance and see what problematic old time fantasy is all about :p

largely female characters that are there to be in peril and act as a glorified (if merely implied) cocksleeve.

Not always present in their fiction, but sort of a general theme. Robert Howard all that sort of thing.

(Drumming fingers on the desk, wondering why the 21st is taking so long to roll around. Every other date crashes into me like a ton of bricks...)

largely female characters that are there to be in peril and act as a glorified (if merely implied) cocksleeve.

Not always present in their fiction, but sort of a general theme. Robert Howard all that sort of thing.

Ah I gotcha.
Admittedly, my own experience in reading fantasy is largely confined to the Lord of the Rings and Ursula Le Guin's Earthsea series (largely void of glorified cocksleeves... I think).

(Drumming fingers on the desk, wondering why the 21st is taking so long to roll around. Every other date crashes into me like a ton of bricks...)

giphy.webp

And we're up - the page hasn't been created, but my story is live. :)

I see the page now, but I noticed that the link in my story doesn't go to the event page where everyone's stories are listed. It goes to the announcement page. Does anyone else have this issue?

Excited to see so many stories. Guess I got a weekend full of reading to do 😊

Back