"Tales of Leinyere" Story Event: Official Support Thread

Has anyone done anything with Thrace, The Isle of Pen, or the Seax Isles? I don't want to contradict anything that has already been written about them.

I think vanderstill was doing something with ratkin coming north from the Seax Isles, and AlphaLyon is writing a story in Thrace. Something about gay monks if I recall correctly.

Submitted!

"It Pays To Be Nice, Sometimes"

Mercenaries. Gallantry. Treachery. Orcs. Sex. A whip. Oh my!

can't wait

Submitted!

"It Pays To Be Nice, Sometimes"

Mercenaries. Gallantry. Treachery. Orcs. Sex. A whip. Oh my!

I'm eager to read this one, Voboy!

Is anyone writing about Malkas or people from there? I'm curious as to what they did with the place.

-Yib

Finally Posted

So just posted my contribution. Its in the format of a folktale. Set in the Windscour Desert area. Just very excited I managed put something out in time

"The Woman and The Well"

A depraved woman. A well of cum. A curse. And a deal struck

So just posted my contribution. Its in the format of a folktale. Set in the Windscour Desert area. Just very excited I managed put something out in time

"The Woman and The Well"

A depraved woman. A well of cum. A curse. And a deal struck

Nice!

Hi friends,

I'm late to the party here -- just saw the event last week. But I love it, and it's finally motivated me to make an account and write a story (I've been a reader here for... gods... two decades (in fact Lit is the *only* website I've used consistently for that long (that's right, I nest parentheses))).

My story: there is a mystery cult, similar to those in antiquity IRL. The characters have made the pilgrimage to the holy tomb, where dwells their goddess, the Cat Abasis: she who receives the dead, she who returns new life from the earth. The characters are to be initiated in the mysteries; they know this involves going down into the tomb, but it is forbidden to speak of what happens within...

Title: "Going Down" (see what I did there?)
(it occurs to me that title might be taken. Must titles be unique?)

Setting: someplace warm, near the sea or a big river, where they grow grapes and barley and figs. Lots of limestone hills. I'm imagining an *older* feel to this story; magic is an untamed thing, and a god might come to your hall of a stormy eve and beg a meal. Perhaps this is set in the lost ages after the Destruction of the Ancients; year 3000 or 4000, maybe.

I've been reading this thread, trying to get a sense of what everyone else is doing with the world. But there's a *ton* here and I haven't even read a third of it! So I'm happy to talk with y'all about how this will fit into the big picture of Leinyere.

As I'm reviewing the Notes doc, I don't see many deities of death, the dead, the underworld. Allow me to propose Abasis, the Cat: She who Dwells Below, Keeper of the Tombs, Queen of the Great Earth, Seer of Secrets, Lamenter, Mother of Many, Bringer of Gifts, Queen of All Riches, Receiver of the Dead, Receiver of Seed, She in the Tree, She of the Winnowing Fan, etc, etc. The Cat Abasis inhabits the transitional spaces between the world of the Living, and the world of the Dead. Cats are sacred to her; they watch, and they tell her what they see, and the bones of any bird or mouse a cat brings to you can be used to divine the future. She caries the souls of the dead to the underworld, and she brings new infant souls up into Life. She receives seed (heh heh) and returns new life to the soil.

Open questions: what's her relationship with the Dwarven Earth and Sea goddesses? She sort of splits their respective domains. And what's her relationship with the Anacot? Have Anacot gods been talked about at all? Neither of these is relevant to my tale, but it's fun to think about.

I'm really enjoying writing my story, and I'm excited to read all y'all's stories.

Question: what happens after the event goes live? I probably won't finish in time -- I'm hoping (!!) to do one chapter and publish the rest later. Can more Leinyere stories be added after it goes live? I have many more ideas...

Cheers.

My story: there is a mystery cult, similar to those in antiquity IRL. The characters have made the pilgrimage to the holy tomb, where dwells their goddess, the Cat Abasis: she who receives the dead, she who returns new life from the earth. The characters are to be initiated in the mysteries; they know this involves going down into the tomb, but it is forbidden to speak of what happens within...

Setting: someplace warm, near the sea or a big river, where they grow grapes and barley and figs. Lots of limestone hills. I'm imagining an *older* feel to this story; magic is an untamed thing, and a god might come to your hall of a stormy eve and beg a meal. Perhaps this is set in the lost ages after the Destruction of the Ancients; year 3000 or 4000, maybe.

I've been reading this thread, trying to get a sense of what everyone else is doing with the world. But there's a *ton* here and I haven't even read a third of it! So I'm happy to talk with y'all about how this will fit into the big picture of Leinyere.

As I'm reviewing the Notes doc, I don't see many deities of death, the dead, the underworld. Allow me to propose Abasis, the Cat: She who Dwells Below, Keeper of the Tombs, Queen of the Great Earth, Seer of Secrets, Lamenter, Mother of Many, Bringer of Gifts, Queen of All Riches, Receiver of the Dead, Receiver of Seed, She in the Tree, She of the Winnowing Fan, etc, etc. The Cat Abasis inhabits the transitional spaces between the world of the Living, and the world of the Dead. Cats are sacred to her; they watch, and they tell her what they see, and the bones of any bird or mouse a cat brings to you can be used to divine the future. She caries the souls of the dead to the underworld, and she brings new infant souls up into Life. She receives seed (heh heh) and returns new life to the soil.

Open questions: what's her relationship with the Dwarven Earth and Sea goddesses? She sort of splits their respective domains. And what's her relationship with the Anacot? Have Anacot gods been talked about at all? Neither of these is relevant to my tale, but it's fun to think about.

I'm really enjoying writing my story, and I'm excited to read all y'all's stories.

G'day Pan

I can't answer questions about the future. I'm hoping it will be a regular thing.

As for the Anocots, I haven't delved into their belief system as I didn't need it for my story. I'm sure they have one from when they came up from the south.

My Anocot refers to the other Gods - particularly Egan of the Golden Hand. I don't know if anyone else has a main Anocot character and has come up with something. I'm still writing my story (!!!), so I think I can fit a reference to Abasis into my final sex scene.

Good luck!

Hi friends,

I'm late to the party here -- just saw the event last week. But I love it, and it's finally motivated me to make an account and write a story (I've been a reader here for... gods... two decades (in fact Lit is the *only* website I've used consistently for that long (that's right, I nest parentheses))).

Awesome! So glad you decided to join!

Thanks for writing a summary for her! I just pasted that into the Notes doc.

The rules say whoever writes the answer to that first in their stories gets to decide!

Question: what happens after the event goes live? I probably won't finish in time -- I'm hoping (!!) to do one chapter and publish the rest later. Can more Leinyere stories be added after it goes live? I have many more ideas...

Cheers.

I have no idea if the event will happen again. I'm in favor of it, obviously. Let's post about it here after the stories go live and everyone's had a chance to breath and see how much response we get!

As for submitting stories outside of the event (or *an* occurrence of the event), there are some cons: you wouldn't make it onto the event page.

Okay, that's really the only con, but it might be a big one, as in reducing eyes on your story. You would still be able to use the tag and people could find your story that way, and you could reach out to me to make sure your story makes it onto the timeline with a link. For a series, I'd assume you'll definitely want at least one chapter to make it into the official event.

I have no idea if the event will happen again. I'm in favor of it, obviously. Let's post about it here after the stories go live and everyone's had a chance to breath and see how much response we get!

I'm counting on it happening again! I set up my story for a second chapter :p

for some reason mine's already up. lol.

I and my collaborator are still scratching away madly. We should make the 16th with...

So, two salesbeing’s autolandau broke down near a farm...

The farmer had good reason to worry about his daughter.

It's 5800 ADA in Leinyere. Magic and Science are struggling to get along. One thing that still holds true is the desire for wealth and sex...

Edit - I'm putting it in Scifi / fantasy. I know my Anocot is non-human, but I really don't want to put him there...

Last edited:
Did you put the "Leinyere" thing in the Notes field?

Mine's slated for 21 January.

She did. Laurel says she’s not sure how it happened, but Siobhan’s story is going to be on the event page.

Also, I read it and it’s very, very good.

Crooked Keep?

Awesome! So glad you decided to join!

Thanks for writing a summary for her! I just pasted that into the Notes doc.

The rules say whoever writes the answer to that first in their stories gets to decide!

As for submitting stories outside of the event (or *an* occurrence of the event), there are some cons: you wouldn't make it onto the event page.

Okay, that's really the only con, but it might be a big one, as in reducing eyes on your story. You would still be able to use the tag and people could find your story that way, and you could reach out to me to make sure your story makes it onto the timeline with a link. For a series, I'd assume you'll definitely want at least one chapter to make it into the official event.

Speaking of stories for later, I am working on a sequel to the one I submitted.

Is anyone writing about the Crooked Keep?

-Yib

Speaking of stories for later, I am working on a sequel to the one I submitted.

Is anyone writing about the Crooked Keep?

-Yib

Nope. I came up with the name, as a landmark of sorts. I meant for it to be a well-known location in the Marches.

I have a character who is thinking he can purchase some goods “at Crooked Keep next month,” implying that’s when their market fair is held. I also mention that his grandfather’s sword was forged there almost 100 years ago, implying quality craftsmanship.

My concept of The Marches makes it very much like a typical high Middle Ages kind of place.

Does anyone have any additions or adjustments to make to the map before the Post Date?

I'm assuming Laurel will want an updated image for the event page, so get your towns and nations in now!

Back