Say Something

I hope you didn't scare anyone off with your warnings about the pitch earlier, because I think you just sound nice and happy.

Thanks! :D I don't mean to scare people off, I've been told many many times that my voice is "annoying" so I like to warn folks just in case they find high pitched or...'perky' people squicky.

A lot of good recordings all. Yankee, you missed your calling. SatinDesire needs to be sued for false advertising (youthful perhaps, like 18 to 21-ish but not "quiet high pitched" :rolleyes: ).

Updated the index and since my life isn't complex enough, I added in quick links to each person's voiced post, but didn't verify all the links were correct.

Let me know if I snarled one.

Last edited:
Thanks for the many compliments. Unfortunately, I fried my vocal chords just a few months after I finished the voiceover classes with a virus. Now I wouldn't have the stamina to do a recording session without my chords refusing to work. Instead, I try to put my voice to more productive use seducing young women. ;)

Thanks for the many compliments. Unfortunately, I fried my vocal chords just a few months after I finished the voiceover classes with a virus. Now I wouldn't have the stamina to do a recording session without my chords refusing to work. Instead, I try to put my voice to more productive use seducing young women. ;)

I knew that was a trap... :eek: :p

That's sad because you must have learned lots in tbe class, I imagine?
I was impressed with the very professional start and stop. I did some work like that for a friend who had a recording studio and made tapes for text books and such.
He mostly used actors, but at times he needed someone who spoke more than one language in the same text or just a nice "I'm a good friend, so will come in at strange hours and work for a cup of coffee or a beer" when he just needed a poem read or a little song sung.
Anyway, I remember it being so hard not to start or stop with a sound like ar, er, uhm etc and making it difficult to cut, I think. I also remember that we almost died laughing at the things I can misspeak without even trying.

So in essence, I wanted to say that I hope you regain your stamina.:D

Thank you! It's weird but I developed stage fright, and couldn't think of anything to say :eek: I need a script or something :D

Unless you fall over your words (you didn't) your first take is probably going to be your best one ;)

I did, it was bad. I actually hit the "retry" button several times. I stuttered or lost my train of thought. The final take (the one posted) was the best.

Thank you so much for saying that...
I haven't tried yet, but I know this is going to be me!! :eek:

^_^ I am a little like Eeyore in my speech pattern. Actually, I took so many takes that my voice was a little raspy. Talking too much or too loud hurts my throat so I don't usually do either. I'm sure you'll sound much better than me. :rose:

^_^ I am a little like Eeyore in my speech pattern. Actually, I took so many takes that my voice was a little raspy. Talking too much or too loud hurts my throat so I don't usually do either. I'm sure you'll sound much better than me. :rose:

I think I sound like a little kid :eek:
Hoping to do this tomorrow, though. So you can tell me :)

You don't sound like a dork, at all! Do you mind sharing which part of the UK your accent comes from? :)

Did anyone else try recording like 20 times?:eek:

I felt pretty awkward so don't be too harsh.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0hGVdaHgvGs

I have to say your voice doesn't sound at all like what I expected, but you sound great! I love the little raspyness and Eeyore thing you have going. Here most people's natural speech pattern is such that it makes foreigners think we're very, very depressed or about to kick their teeth out, so I feel you. My recordings aren't necessarily me speaking naturally, except for the accent part, but you get the voice.

In English I always sound like an idiot, because I just feel so uncomfortable speaking it and it shows. The melody and stress feel very forced to me, the language in general just doesn't "fit my mouth" if that makes any sense. The one in English was my second recording, because in the first one I had one ummmmm that went on for about 15 seconds. I figured it wouldn't get any better, because of my discomfort with English in general.

The one in Finnish I recorded a couple of times, because I thought I sounded like a news anchor and didn't like it. I don't really have an accent or a dialect when I speak Finnish, so it's a fine line between a news anchor and me at times. :p

I think I sound like a little kid :eek:
Hoping to do this tomorrow, though. So you can tell me :)

I sound like a little kid, too, especially while singing. So much so, that when I was 25 I sang on my friend's band's record as a "children's choir". :D

Back