The Crafting Thread - Show Us What You've Made!

That is beautiful! I love the blend of colors. Painting like that is fun because there are so many ways to interpret what shape it takes on.

I had to look up that grub and it is cute! I found several crochet versions and they look fairly simple to make with basic skills in crochet. I hope you get to make it one day.
I tried to make a human-ish blob because I had this big vision of what I wanted to make, and that attempt went to hell. Then I thought I’d just add whatever to it because it already wasn’t what I wanted to make. And then at some point I realized that now there are sort of two human-ish shapes hugging/dancing and it was so much better than what I had wanted to make in the first place. After that realization, I managed to keep that vision alive, sort of, and I ended up really liking that piece. ☺️

The grubs are very cute and I’m sure they’re not too difficult to make. I’ve looked at a few crochet patterns and a friend has done her best to explain them to me in a way that I might understand. But I just don’t get the patterns at all. I’ve never been taught the terms and I don’t seem to have the patience to learn what the words mean and what the moves are and the be precise enough to actually execute the pattern after I’ve learned to interpret it… I really hope one day that’ll change, because I’d love to be able to make something like the pretty things you and Bunny have posted!

In the meanwhile I’ve been thinking about making another blanket, because I really enjoyed making the one I did. The problem is that I don’t really need another one… Maybe I could somehow make a less warm one for summer time use? Less warm sounds holier and intentional holes sound like trouble for my skills, though. I’ll have to think about it.
Ooh, very pretty!
Thanks! I’m always in awe of what you make so this coming from you counts for a lot. ☺️

I tried to make a human-ish blob because I had this big vision of what I wanted to make, and that attempt went to hell. Then I thought I’d just add whatever to it because it already wasn’t what I wanted to make. And then at some point I realized that now there are sort of two human-ish shapes hugging/dancing and it was so much better than what I had wanted to make in the first place. After that realization, I managed to keep that vision alive, sort of, and I ended up really liking that piece. ☺️

The grubs are very cute and I’m sure they’re not too difficult to make. I’ve looked at a few crochet patterns and a friend has done her best to explain them to me in a way that I might understand. But I just don’t get the patterns at all. I’ve never been taught the terms and I don’t seem to have the patience to learn what the words mean and what the moves are and the be precise enough to actually execute the pattern after I’ve learned to interpret it… I really hope one day that’ll change, because I’d love to be able to make something like the pretty things you and Bunny have posted!

In the meanwhile I’ve been thinking about making another blanket, because I really enjoyed making the one I did. The problem is that I don’t really need another one… Maybe I could somehow make a less warm one for summer time use? Less warm sounds holier and intentional holes sound like trouble for my skills, though. I’ll have to think about it.

Thanks! I’m always in awe of what you make so this coming from you counts for a lot. ☺️
I find that video tutorials help me more than written patterns because I am a visual learner. I taught myself to crochet via YouTube. I'm a lefty and the patterns I've found over the years are almost always right-handed so seeing someone do it in front of me and going along with them, or pausing and practicing has been a godsend.

I love how your ideas shifted and the finished piece wasn't exactly what you were going for but that you love it. Those end up being my favorite pieces when that happens. :)

Why is there so much math involved in knitting/crocheting??? I’m trying to figure out how much yarn to buy and my pretty little head hurts again.

Is there a tool where I can just put in measurements and how much yarn those measurements need when using yarn A, and then, hey presto, with a push of a button the tool will automatically tell me how much yarn I need for a similar project in a different size or using yarn B that’s slightly heavier?

Please tell me such a thing exists.

Why is there so much math involved in knitting/crocheting??? I’m trying to figure out how much yarn to buy and my pretty little head hurts again.

Is there a tool where I can just put in measurements and how much yarn those measurements need when using yarn A, and then, hey presto, with a push of a button the tool will automatically tell me how much yarn I need for a similar project in a different size or using yarn B that’s slightly heavier?

Please tell me such a thing exists.
Yeah, there are a lot of crafty things where some kind of calculating tool would be really handy.
The guest bed we built once was hilariously over dimensioned.

Back