The Crafting Thread - Show Us What You've Made!

I made a Christmas ornament.

If it looks like it's missing something, it's because the original pattern called for these little white snowflake/star things in the background, and I have nothing even remotely like that in my crafting supplies.

Screenshot_20231018-005239_Gallery.jpg

I made a Christmas ornament.

If it looks like it's missing something, it's because the original pattern called for these little white snowflake/star things in the background, and I have nothing even remotely like that in my crafting supplies.

View attachment 2281065
This is also very cute! I donā€™t think itā€™s missing any snowflakes. If you want to add something, maybe eyes or some other typical snowman features. ā˜ŗļø

Iā€™ve taken a bit of a break from knitting, but made a little progress yesterday. I figured out how to change the color of the yarn without it becoming a loose, awful mess like it did at firstā€¦ Now I have some holes/loose stitches at where Iā€™ve changed the yarn, but thatā€™s much better than having an entire row of loose stitches. Iā€™m hoping itā€™ll be fine and I can fix the holes when Iā€™m done with knitting and need to take care of the loose ends of yarn anyway. Whatever that process is called in Englishā€¦ So, fingers crossed there will be no holes/looser stirches, eventually. šŸ˜‚

One could Google for a good way to change yarn or if the holes are normal, I guess, but whereā€™s the fun in that? I rather experiment and risk losing a sock, if it all unravels.

Attachments

• IMG_9520.jpeg
    IMG_9520.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 5
Two bowls. I tried to get the color showing a bit better so the pics are a bit weird, but theyā€™re basically roundish, shallow bowls.

Attachments

• IMG_9560.jpeg
    IMG_9560.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9561.jpeg
    IMG_9561.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 13
Two bowls. I tried to get the color showing a bit better so the pics are a bit weird, but theyā€™re basically roundish, shallow bowls.

Oh, those are really pretty. Great job, seela! :D

i love the colours and am super impressed that you made a matching set.
They look way beyond what people usually make when they start going to classes.

Oh, those are really pretty. Great job, seela! :D
Thanks!
i love the colours and am super impressed that you made a matching set.
They look way beyond what people usually make when they start going to classes.
To be fair, I only took pics of the two things that turned out okay enough. I also brought home a plate thatā€™s kinda nice in an ugly kind of way, but abandoned the rest of what I madeā€¦ šŸ˜‚

For example, I made a bowl for chips with an integrated little mini bowl for dip so that you can have chips and dip and only have to hold a single bowl. It turned out looking like a 5 year old made it, in both construction and especially glazing. I didnā€™t have enough time to make it neat and tidy before the first firing and then when I glazed it, I tried to make it evenly-ish colored, but because it wasnā€™t neat and tidy, it ended up looking just so messy that I abandoned it.

If I decide to continue with ceramics at some point, Iā€™ll give the chip and dip bowl another go, because as a concept it seems like something thatā€™s missing in my life. šŸ˜‚

Thanks!

To be fair, I only took pics of the two things that turned out okay enough. I also brought home a plate thatā€™s kinda nice in an ugly kind of way, but abandoned the rest of what I madeā€¦ šŸ˜‚

For example, I made a bowl for chips with an integrated little mini bowl for dip so that you can have chips and dip and only have to hold a single bowl. It turned out looking like a 5 year old made it, in both construction and especially glazing. I didnā€™t have enough time to make it neat and tidy before the first firing and then when I glazed it, I tried to make it evenly-ish colored, but because it wasnā€™t neat and tidy, it ended up looking just so messy that I abandoned it.

If I decide to continue with ceramics at some point, Iā€™ll give the chip and dip bowl another go, because as a concept it seems like something thatā€™s missing in my life. šŸ˜‚
I might go flutter my eyelashes at the 3D printer guy.

I haven't made much lately. Too much other stuff going on. But I've decided that however dumb people might think it is, I'm going to make a holiday/season tree for each holiday/season that comes along because it'll make me happy. I'm going to make the ornaments myself.

So behold, the first thing I've made for my Memorial Day/4th of July/general summertime tree:

20240408_232103.jpg

I haven't made much lately. Too much other stuff going on. But I've decided that however dumb people might think it is, I'm going to make a holiday/season tree for each holiday/season that comes along because it'll make me happy. I'm going to make the ornaments myself.

So behold, the first thing I've made for my Memorial Day/4th of July/general summertime tree:

View attachment 2336474
That is adorable!

I have a little ā€treeā€ to decorate, that I ā€madeā€ using dried branches of Corylus avellana 'Contorta'.
They are called ā€Snake Hazelā€ here and look like this:IMG_2171.jpeg
I put them in a big cylindrical vase and filled it with small pebbles made of green and gray glass, to make the whole thing heavy and hold the branches in place.
I have a string light in it and then we add seasonal things for different holidays.

That is adorable!

I have a little ā€treeā€ to decorate, that I ā€madeā€ using dried branches of Corylus avellana 'Contorta'.
They are called ā€Snake Hazelā€ here and look like this:View attachment 2336484
I put them in a big cylindrical vase and filled it with small pebbles made of green and gray glass, to make the whole thing heavy and hold the branches in place.
I have a string light in it and then we add seasonal things for different holidays.

Thank you!

I love that idea, with the tree, too. :)

Thank you!

I love that idea, with the tree, too. :)
Thank you!

It lives on a dresser where one drawer holds stuff to decorate with, so it is low threshold to decorate and put away and it still looks good without further deco, if I run out of time and/or steam.

I used to tell myself and others that I really donā€™t care about that kind of stuff.
It does hold true for the workplace where I question the sanity of those who want to create chore shedules for watering plants, fluffing pillows etc, especially when they scoff at the idea of making me a star chart if I participate.
At home though, I do appreciate having time at least once in a while, to get flowers or get some seasonal decorations up.
I suspect there is some alternate universe where I putter around and make fall wreaths

Back