A request for erotic French words that we could all use if we wished.

AG31

Literotica Guru
I've been inspired by a thread about erotic words started by a non-native English speaker. He's looking for advice on things like cunt vs pussy. Of course there's not good answer. But it does remind us that English erotic words are loaded and often there's no good choice. English speakers have a long history of using random French words, and I've heard that French has a rich source of erotic words. I'm particularly interested in sexual body parts.

Can you that know French tell us about as many words as you can think of, and explaing their nuance????

tia
ag

Last edited:
A few that might not show up in a search

Casse-toi! (piss off!)

Un fils de pute (a son of a bitch)

Une salope (a bitch)​

Vous voulez coucher avec moi ce soir?
It is ‘voulez vous’ by the way.
I know this was a popular song years ago but it always bothered me that it used the formal form of address. We don’t have such in English anymore but the vous form is used in business, politics and with superiors while the tu form is used between friends, lovers and family members. (Same in German with Sie and Du.) In both languages there has been a loosening of the rules and the familiar form is used more and more while the formal form is fading somewhat.

Ma cherie looks erotic on the page, too. Am I right that it's an equivalent to "my dear/darling"?
It's been a few decades since I last had a French lesson, but if I'm not mistaken "ma cherie" would be used to address a person of the female persuasion. Speaking to anyone male, it would be "mon cheri".

Google Translate is helpful. I used it for Spanish for a character who spoke her native tongue in bed.

It's been a few decades since I last had a French lesson, but if I'm not mistaken "ma cherie" would be used to address a person of the female persuasion. Speaking to anyone male, it would be "mon cheri".
True. French is full of male and female forms of words and phrases. It's those nuances that make it challenging (or at least it did to me many years ago in French class.} For example Slut! would be Salope! if you're insulting a woman or Salopard! if you're insulting a man. Same for Conasse/Conard for Asshole!

Then there's La Chatte Mouillée which translates to "wet pussy."
That's got possibilities. Are there two different French words analagous to our pussy and cat? Is Chatte the standard word for female genitals?

True. French is full of male and female forms of words and phrases. It's those nuances that make it challenging (or at least it did to me many years ago in French class.} For example Slut! would be Salope! if you're insulting a woman or Salopard! if you're insulting a man. Same for Conasse/Conard for Asshole!
Are Conasse/Conard reserved solely for insults? Or are they also terms for a part of the body without emotion attached?

Not to be pedantic, but you might wish to use the correct accents. We don't use them much in English anymore, but they do matter in French. 'Mon cheri / ma cherie' would properly be written 'mon chéri / ma chérie'. A small matter, to be sure, but if one is going go to the trouble of using foreign phrases, details IMHO make them more believable, if for no other reason than they look foreign to native English-speakers.

Sorry, my one foray into the world of Grammar-Nazi. I won't do it again. 🧐

Not to be pedantic, but you might wish to use the correct accents. We don't use them much in English anymore, but they do matter in French. 'Mon cheri / ma cherie' would properly be written 'mon chéri / ma chérie'. A small matter, to be sure, but if one is going go to the trouble of using foreign phrases, details IMHO make them more believable, if for no other reason than they look foreign to native English-speakers.

Sorry, my one foray into the world of Grammar-Nazi. I won't do it again. 🧐
How do you get those accents in Word or a forum post?

How do you get those accents in Word or a forum post?
The easiest way is to use a smartphone and hold down the letter e (or whatever) to get a range of accents for it: é è ê ë ç ö should suffice for French.

On an actual keyboard you can go to Insert => Symbol and find them, or, easier, find a post with them in and copy and paste!

(Or remember all the Alt + three digit number codes, or turn your keyboard French...)

That's got possibilities. Are there two different French words analagous to our pussy and cat? Is Chatte the standard word for female genitals?

The word for cat is le chat. All french nouns must have a gender male or female and they also must be proceeded by some sort of article. Un chat = a cat, le chat = the cat, les chats = the cats, des chats = some cats, etc. The article must agree with gender (le or la) and/or plurality (les or des or du or de la).

La porte = the door and une porte = a door. Door is a feminine noun in French. Why? (no one knows, just is).
La chaise = the chair and une chaise = a chair. Chair is considered feminine.

Le bras = the arm and un bras = an arm. Arm is a masculine noun.
Le chat = the cat and un chat = a cat. Cat is masculine.

However la chatte is a feminine noun (presumably a slang take on cat) that means the pussy.
Une chatte = a pussy
Les chattes = the pussies
Des chattes = some pussies
Ma chatte = my pussy (mon chat = my <actual pet> cat)
Ta chatte = your pussy
Sa chatte = her pussy (or his pussy, the possessive article agrees with the gender of the pussy itself not the gender of the owner of the pussy)

Some pussy - as in a guy going out looking for some pussy (like some water or some bread) - would probably be de la chatte but might still be des chattes, so better to ask someone fluent instead of me.

Ma cherie looks erotic on the page, too. Am I right that it's an equivalent to "my dear/darling"?
Yes you are - it tends to be used not only in a couple but also in other relationship (parent-daughter; close friends). it of course takes a sexual undertone in a couple. i remember a friend of mine I was interested in at university. i tried to "ma chérie" her in a general conversation (we were friends) but she immediately stopped any further progression in the direction I was hoping to get by replying immediately "I am not your chérie".
To come back to our discussion, the term of course refers to a woman, the masculine equivalent is "Mon chéri".
Hope this helps.

Back