Erotic vocabulary - how readers react to erotic words

Being a non-native English speaker myself, I believe you are somewhat overthinking all of this. Writing is like poker. You need to write(play) to learn. You will make mistakes, you will misspell words, you will mess up the tenses, you will make strange sentence constructions... But with practice and feedback, you will correct everything sooner or later, and find your own style and wording. You need to just take that plunge and see what happens.

Good luck ;)

Being a non-native English speaker myself, I believe you are somewhat overthinking all of this. Writing is like poker. You need to write(play) to learn. You will make mistakes, you will misspell words, you will mess up the tenses, you will make strange sentence constructions... But with practice and feedback, you will correct everything sooner or later, and find your own style and wording. You need to just take that plunge and see what happens.

Good luck ;)
Even for native speakers, we make mistakes all the time and we've been using the language our whole lives.

I've always thought a quim sounded like something you'd find in the exotic fruits section of the supermarket. Green, or perhaps a light orange. Probably with spiky protrusions, or hard ridges.
Are you thinking of a durian?

1709496953695.png

Very popular in SE Asia. Notorious reputation. I've tried it. Quims taste incomparably better.

Even for native speakers, we make mistakes all the time and we've been using the language our whole lives.
Moreover, native speakers often have never studied their language and hence tend to make, for example, the same errors of speech their parents made. Somebody who actually studies a language is, with diligence, less likely to make such errors.

Last edited:
I've been trained not to use "cunt" because my partner doesn't like it. I come from a very sweary family (well, the male side of it anyway). Famously, the French equivalent "con" is a milder profanity there. They also use "chat" (i.e. "pussy").

And I'm sure you've never referred to the fleshy sack under a man's penis as his "testicles" because the proper word is "scrotum", the testicles actually being inside the scrotum, right? ;)
Yeah, but you can refer to the thingies that are hanging down inside that sack as testicles. Right? You don't have to talk about the scrotum. OR.. you can talk about "the testicles inside the scrotum" ... or not.

Back