A story for female readers

I would like to write a story geared towards female readers. Judging from my followers and favorites list I have yet to write that story. So, I am looking for a title and a brief description to lure women readers to click my story. Any other thoughts on how to keep them reading also appreciated.

If you're interested in writing for women, then you might consider the Pink Orchid story event, which has a support thread in this forum. You can even ask your question there and get a few more answers.

The Pink Orchid support thread is here.

Last edited:
I would like to write a story geared towards female readers. Judging from my followers and favorites list I have yet to write that story. So, I am looking for a title and a brief description to lure women readers to click my story. Any other thoughts on how to keep them reading also appreciated.
Don't make the story as creepy as this post sounds.

Either that or settle for attention from people who'll say they're women, on the internet.

Luring women into my trap sounds 'creepy'???
(playing along) And then expecting them to voluntarily stay in it, on the strength of the advice you got here about bolstering your prose - completely normal and realistic!

"Woman marries housekeeping android that dispenses wine and chocolate but not advice."

My Husband Does the Dishes is one of my wife's favorites. Not sure what she sees in it...
I was going to post about how 'Debbie Does Dishes' was the lesser known sequel to 'Debbie Does Dallas'. I did just want to double check my facts though and it turns out that the list of movies in that franchise is hilarious in it's own right. Here it is in full.

• Debbie Does Dallas (1978)
  • Debbie Does Dallas Part II (1981)[19]
  • Debbie Does Dallas III [the Final Chapter] (1985)[20]
  • Debbie Does Dallas IV (1988)
  • Debbie Does Dallas V (1988)
  • Debbie Does Dallas Again (1993)
  • Debbie Does Dallas 20th Anniversary Edition (1994)
  • Debbie Does Dallas: The Next Generation (1998)
  • Debbie Does Dallas '99 (1998)
  • Debbie Does Dallas: The Revenge (2003)
  • Debbie Does Dallas: East Vs West (2004)
  • Debbie Does Dallas ... Again (2007)
Spin-offs include:[18]
  • Debbie Duz Dishes (1986)
  • Debbie Does 'Em All (1986)
  • Debbie Does Wall Street (1991)
  • Debbie Loves Dallas (2007)
Note how DDD3 is called the Final Chapter before they make another 10 movies. And they make Debbie Does Dallas Again twice.

I was going to post about how 'Debbie Does Dishes' was the lesser known sequel to 'Debbie Does Dallas'. I did just want to double check my facts though and it turns out that the list of movies in that franchise is hilarious in it's own right. Here it is in full.

• Debbie Does Dallas (1978)
  • Debbie Does Dallas Part II (1981)[19]
  • Debbie Does Dallas III [the Final Chapter] (1985)[20]
  • Debbie Does Dallas IV (1988)
  • Debbie Does Dallas V (1988)
  • Debbie Does Dallas Again (1993)
  • Debbie Does Dallas 20th Anniversary Edition (1994)
  • Debbie Does Dallas: The Next Generation (1998)
  • Debbie Does Dallas '99 (1998)
  • Debbie Does Dallas: The Revenge (2003)
  • Debbie Does Dallas: East Vs West (2004)
  • Debbie Does Dallas ... Again (2007)
Spin-offs include:[18]
  • Debbie Duz Dishes (1986)
  • Debbie Does 'Em All (1986)
  • Debbie Does Wall Street (1991)
  • Debbie Loves Dallas (2007)
Note how DDD3 is called the Final Chapter before they make another 10 movies. And they make Debbie Does Dallas Again twice.
And the 20th anniversary edition came out on the 16th anniversary. And '99 came out in '98.

I try to make my stories acceptable to both male and female audiences by including characters of high quality from both genders. Donā€™t objectify your female characters is the key. Can you do that?

And keep in mind there isn't some magic formula. Women don't all like the same things anymore than men all like the same things.
@Devintner's Story "The (un)Lucky Girl" is my favorite story on the this site.
https://www.literotica.com/s/the-un-lucky-girl

That doesn't mean every woman here is going to love it.

I'd suggest finding a few stories that are popular with women, and then consider what the differences are between them and your work.

Jokes aside, you're asking for advice on how to reach and keep a diverse group of readers that comprises half the world's population. There's no right answer.

but...

You can write stories for Lit categories that are read by women. I think women read all the categories, but maybe some more than others. Romances are traditionally aimed at women and the Romance audience here might have a higher-than-average proportion of women. I understand that the Gay Male category has a lot of female readers. I'm not sure, but it often sounds like the BDSM category has a lot of female readers. There are others.

The focus of the Pink Orchid event is to write women-centric stories largely by making the female characters rational and influential in their own lives. That's probably good advice any time you want to write erotica for female readers.

As far as titles and all are are concerned, I doubt there's a titling strategy that will encourage women to read your stories -- except maybe for a few of the suggests up this thread.

Have the MMC vacuum the house. I know that turns on quite a few women.šŸ˜‰

Just write your female characters as regular people with hopes, dreams and brains, try not to mention their bra sizes in the opening paragraphs, and aim for emotional truth. Nothing to it!

Best wishes to you. :)
Awesome advice once you get the reader to click the story, or should I say 'if' you can get them to click.

Back