Do readers not realize that the stories here are mostly fiction?

Some people are thick, and some people are just offended by your story and want to offend you back, I imagine.

I write all my stories in the third person to make sure people don't think they're real, but I'm not sure if all readers even realize the difference. I get mean comments once in a while, but I expect them, because my stories are very kinky and feature immoral characters (the evil bully, the mean bull, etc.) and this stuff offends sensitive readers.

What I don't understand is why they read a theme they dislike. I try to explain what the story is about using obvious descriptions and tags, but some people are very persistent - they want to be offended anyway. Or maybe they don't understand what they are reading.

What I don't understand is why they read a theme they dislike. I try to explain what the story is about using obvious descriptions and tags, but some people are very persistent - they want to be offended anyway. Or maybe they don't understand what they are reading.

Well, if I look at LW, I would guess that a lot of these people read those stories in hopes of eventually finding a plot twist. In the BTB genre, the MC needs to be faulted first so they have a reason to go nuclear in the end. But, in order to get there, readers have to "suffer" through the betrayal/humiliation/whatever else first.

Though, I also think that there's a sizable part of the readership who genuinely enjoys trashing authors in the comments more than actually reading the stories. They just read them to find ammunition for their trash-talking.

Are our readers so dumb

Not all of them, no. Not by a long shot.

But they do exist. And boy did they hate it when one of my characters was murdered by a vengeful husband. You'd have thought I literally shot the poor bastard myself.

Last edited:
All stories here are autobiographical accounts of our cheating, cuckolding, promiscuous encounters, rapes, seductions, thieving, murders, and rapes. We're proud of what we've done and rub others' collective noses in our achievements. Fuck them if they don't get and cannot handle how special we are and how we deserve to get away with what we've done.

All stories here are autobiographical accounts of our cheating, cuckolding, promiscuous encounters, rapes, seductions, thieving, murders, and rapes. We're proud of what we've done and rub others' collective noses in our achievements. Fuck them if they don't get and cannot handle how special we are and how we deserve to get away with what we've done.
That reminds me, I should go and feed my eight-legged riding lizard.

You mean husbands don't real breed theirr wives? How about the 12"
All not true?

I'm convinced some readers just take the fantasy of the fiction further. I'm sure if asked they'd say they don't actually believe everything they read here is true, but they're inhabiting it as if they do. They insert themselves in the stories and live vicariously through our characters. I assume this enhances the sexual payoff for them. And then when they comment sometimes they're still in that persona, interacting with the story as if they're living in it.

Just a theory. That's not how I engage with it. But it's the only way some of the comments I see make sense, if I'm to give people the benefit of the doubt that they're not so thick as to think this is all real.

If anything, we should take it as a compliment when they do that. If the fiction weren't compelling, at least on some level, they probably wouldn't do that.

I get comments on some of my stories where the reader seems to think everything in them is real life. They are STORIES, people. You know, fiction. Yes, there may be some truth in them but seriously. Are our readers so dumb as to offer legal advice for persons in a fictional story?? Some are.
I presume if the story says something to the effect - this is based on trued events, or something that happened to me, I presume it's mostly real. Otherwise I assume it's fiction

Well, if I look at LW, I would guess that a lot of these people read those stories in hopes of eventually finding a plot twist. In the BTB genre, the MC needs to be faulted first so they have a reason to go nuclear in the end. But, in order to get there, readers have to "suffer" through the betrayal/humiliation/whatever else first.
Yeah... that's why I post that type of story on NonCon. So when the eventual critic attacks me, well, they were warned. I hope they eventually realize my stories are not an essay on morality. My plot twist is that everybody cums at the end.

A while back I wrote a story based upon a man with a magic soup spouting penis who saved a village from starvation. After reading this thread I'm tempted to go back and insert
"This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental."

A while back I wrote a story based upon a man with a magic soup spouting penis who saved a village from starvation. After reading this thread I'm tempted to go back and insert
"This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental."
Now I'm wondering whether The Magic Pudding didn't actually have a deeper meaning. After all, all it ever wanted was to be eaten...

I presume if the story says something to the effect - this is based on trued events, or something that happened to me, I presume it's mostly real. Otherwise I assume it's fiction
I'm the other way round: as soon as they say it's mostly real, I assume it's pure fiction!

(Autocorrect tried to make that 'pure fuck', which works too)

This is a true story. The events depicted in this story took place in take your pick where in what ever year you want. At the request of the survivors, the names have been changed. Out of respect for the dead, the rest has been told exactly as it occurred. So help me God, on all the money I'm going to make, cross my heart and hope to die!

Last edited:
It’s pretty well-known that there’s a slice of soap opera viewers taking the shows as Reality, with one classic case involving a viewer actually searching train garbage baskets for a wedding ring which a character had discarded in an episode. Presumably, some of our readers get that involved, too, but I rather doubt it’s typical.

That doesn’t of course stop me from shaking my head at some of the comments I see, typically those telling me why my characters wouldn’t think the way I wrote it. Okay, I guess. I had thought I knew the characters well enough to create them, but maybe not.

My father said his grandmother and grandfather quit watching General Hospital when a popular nurse got her third divorce, saying, "No matter how much we pray for happiness, she just keeps messing it up."
It’s pretty well-known that there’s a slice of soap opera viewers taking the shows as Reality, with one classic case involving a viewer actually searching train garbage baskets for a wedding ring which a character had discarded in an episode. Presumably, some of our readers get that involved, too, but I rather doubt it’s typical.

That doesn’t of course stop me from shaking my head at some of the comments I see, typically those telling me why my characters wouldn’t think the way I wrote it. Okay, I guess. I had thought I knew the characters well enough to create them, but maybe not.

I'm convinced some readers just take the fantasy of the fiction further. I'm sure if asked they'd say they don't actually believe everything they read here is true, but they're inhabiting it as if they do.
That was my point, kind of. They not only inhabit the story as if it were true, but they extend that disbelief to the author of the story. When they hit on us, it's as if they want us to buy into that fantasy as well. Athalia wrote something about that some time ago, in an essay called "I want to make love to you" (you can find it in the essays section). It was about how authors take pleasure in giving pleasure, IIRC.

I'm writing a femdom orgasm denial story where a guy gets caught masturbating by his stepsisters who are horrified and vow to rid him of the disgusting habit for good. On the first chapter I get an anonymous comment saying that this is ridiculous, it's 2024 and everybody knows masturbation is perfectly fine nowadays and what did they care what he was doing in the privacy of his own room. Dude, it's an orgasm denial story. I mean if that's not your kind of thing then fair enough, but check the tags before you read a story, it'll save you a lot of disappointment.

Are our readers so dumb? Yes, many of them are...many of them are also astute, highly literate, and obviously very intelligent, but many of them, well, are not...
Possibly the most accurate assessment one can make as to the collective IQ of Literotica's readers. Mind you I wouldn't dare presume the general level of mental acuity to be attributed to Literotica's authors.

We're all a smart lot, oh, wait, a smartassed lot.
Possibly the most accurate assessment one can make as to the collective IQ of Literotica's readers. Mind you I wouldn't dare presume the general level of mental acuity to be attributed to Literotica's authors.

Back