A story for female readers

I would like to write a story geared towards female readers. Judging from my followers and favorites list I have yet to write that story. So, I am looking for a title and a brief description to lure women readers to click my story. Any other thoughts on how to keep them reading also appreciated.
Definitely a task for more evolved writers, tailoring the work to a targeted audience. I'm still just focused on doing justice to the story and characters as I intend them to be portrayed. Then perhaps someone will read it, maybe like it, maybe comment about it.

Little red H's are pretty; I appreciate 'em. But whether it's my limited literary tool set, or selfishness, I'm still really only doing this for my own benefit.

A story for female readers
Iā€™m probably echoing others. But look at it the other way round. How would you write a story that appeals to male readers? Maybe youā€™d write what appeals to you, right? But what about your neighbor, Bobby. He dreams of wearing diapers and sucking on a pacifier. Or Ed across the street. Heā€™s got a thing for bad boy bikers. Or Joe at work, he gets off on lesbian scenes.

Itā€™s the same with women. I like BDSM and sweet lesbian romances. I like anal stories and have recently embraced some exhibitionism (the last not IRL). There is no single, monolithic archetype for women. Itā€™s hard to write for women given this.

Em

Last edited:
Thatā€™s why we have Roombas, hun. Not sure if you can get one that doubles as a Symbian.

Having two Roombas and also having been at a party with a Sybian recently, the mental picture you created is absolutely hilarious. Just make sure the Roombian you just invented has a step on the back for her partner to stand on to keep her from falling off at "the moment".

Having two Roombas and also having been at a party with a Sybian recently, the mental picture you created is absolutely hilarious. Just make sure the Roombian you just invented has a step on the back for her partner to stand on to keep her from falling off at "the moment".
Oh, I spulled it rong. Bad Em!

Ersties have a scene with five models taking turns on a Sybian. With the ever-sexy Lina Bembe. She's not a redhead, but I'll forgive her.

Thatā€™s why we have Roombas, hun. Not sure if you can get one that doubles as a Symbian.

Now there's a story idea!

Hello ma'am, may I have a moment of your time? I'm selling this little beauty door-to-door because I believe in the product that much! It does hardwoods, laminates, parquet, linoleum, shag, deep piles, and all sorts of other carpet surfaces! PLUS! With this handy-dandy attachment, it will reduce you to a quivering pile of goo, in just minutes! In fact, I gave my wife the first promotional unit and she hasn't left the house in three days! And the floors look spectacular. :LOL:

But back to the OP, it's an admirable goal. Sincerely. But as our friends have pointed out, what makes one woman go, "Yeah, gimme some of that," might not do much for the next. Same as anyone I suppose.

So I guess the best you can do is try to write in such a way, that a female reader won't get halfway through the first page and then dismiss it as misogynistic crap.

Iā€™m probably echoing others. But look at it the other way round. How would you write a story that appeals to male readers? Maybe youā€™d write what appeals to you, right? But what about your neighbor, Bobby. He dreams of wearing diapers and sucking on a pacifier. Or Ed across the street. Heā€™s got a thing for bad boy bikers. Or Joe at work, he gets off on lesbian scenes.

Itā€™s the same with women. I like BDSM and sweet lesbian romances. I like anal stories and have recently embraced some exhibitionism (the last not IRL). There is no single, monolithic archetype for women. Itā€™s hard to write for women given this.

Em
I agree but I was thinking in general terms. I believe you can write for male or female readers not as a whole but like in a bell curve where 70% of women will be drawn to it. I was looking for more of a title or description to catch a woman's eye, then it's up to the writer to keep them engaged.

I agree but I was thinking in general terms. I believe you can write for male or female readers not as a whole but like in a bell curve where 70% of women will be drawn to it. I was looking for more of a title or description to catch a woman's eye, then it's up to the writer to keep them engaged.
I think the 70% is optimistic. Women feel less pressure to conform nowadays. Hence more diversity in wants and needs.

Iā€™m not trying to be argumentative (too sick for that).

Em

I think the 70% is optimistic. Women feel less pressure to conform nowadays. Hence more diversity in wants and needs.
I think hoping to attract 70% of any demographic is optimistic. Along the lines of gluing feathers to your wings to fly to the moon kind of optimistic.

I'd be happy to attract even 1% of any demographic that's large enough to be defined as one.

I think hoping to attract 70% of any demographic is optimistic. Along the lines of gluing feathers to your wings to fly to the moon kind of optimistic.

I'd be happy to attract even 1% of any demographic that's large enough to be defined as one

Iā€™m not trying to be argumentative (too sick for that).

Em
Ok for the record not trying to argue. But I believe in the truth of the bell curve. Variant numbers are always smaller than you think. But I get what you are saying. It is appreciated.

I would like to write a story geared towards female readers. Judging from my followers and favorites list I have yet to write that story. So, I am looking for a title and a brief description to lure women readers to click my story. Any other thoughts on how to keep them reading also appreciated.
You can try writing it in first-person from the POV of the main female character. I admit that it took several years on Lit before I felt comfortable attempting that. The story that got published earlier today is an example.

Back