What made you smile or laugh today? Part IV

Having to wear a mask in my office with only one other person present. Why not just work from home because you DO have the technology?

Having to wear a mask in my office with only one other person present. Why not just work from home because you DO have the technology?

Indeed. I started to work from home as soon as the virus hit us.
Hell, I didn't even wait for the government to declare the quarantine. :D

Indeed. I started to work from home as soon as the virus hit us.
Hell, I didn't even wait for the government to declare the quarantine. :D

My boss gave me permission to move to full-time WFH back around the beginning of March, bless him. It was only a month ago but it feels so long.

I just saw a commercial on TV. A couple having a romantic dinner overs skype.
And it said: You don't necessarily need to be together to feel close.

That was sweet and put a smile on my face. :heart:

Last edited:
It is, but dammit, I miss touch. I miss going out.
I love that we have the technology we have to stay close. I’m thankful for it.

Still...

I understand. It' natural. We're social creatures and in a bizzarre way, it's good to be reminded that we need those things that we often take for granted. :rose:

My dog, too!! Her hair is unruly.

I cut her eyebrows, so now she's a furball with these two big eyeballs.

Playing Divinity again. There's a tombstone reading "Here lies Roko: this is the last hole he filled."

This from Imgur:

What's for Breakfast?

MISf4uD.jpg

So... I'm teaching my class of 6th graders... and a kid "raises their hand" (distance learning) and asks what the word tender means (was in the story) and another kid pipes up "It's an Ap!" ... I facepalm so hard and go NO NOT... NO... *compose self and fail* "compose self again* Multiple meaning words... yes, it is... but in this case it means "gentle or easily damaged."
Then I spent quiet time reflecting on all this and simultaneously wanting to laugh and cry.

edit: another teacher has an image for "Bad teacher" meme as her avatar.... I WANT to tell her... but at the same time... NAH it's too good.
d24d9431fe2e0a9aa82c84cc8dae0c97.jpg

Last edited:
Back