What is conservatism?

Our new Prime Minister calls himself a 'fiscal conservative'. :rolleyes:
In his first hundred days in office, he has raised our debt ceiling by almost double.

Great job, Tony!

Conservatism in theory:

Don't fix what ain't broken.

Every conservative ever:

"Stop pointing out that it's broken! Lalala I can't hear you!"

I would have said that conservatism is fiscal conservatism, the belief that the government should be careful with the people's money, not spending more of it than necessary, and certainly not more than it collects.

Furthermore, I would have said that conservatism is conservation- being a good caretaker to God's creation, protecting and preserving it.

Rush Limbaugh pointed out the error of my ways. He informed me that I am in fact a kook. That Conservatism is whatever he says it is, usually Reaganism.

I like you.

^^^
Maximum dumb

Another non thinking left wing ideologue.:rolleyes:

Still waiting on that source for your specious "5.9 million done lost their health insurance" jibba-jabba
Unless, of course, you would like to admit you just made that number up.

Conservatism is not an ideology. Conservatism is based on Reason, reality, knowledge, human experience, and traditions that have proven to hold the civil society together. It's centered on the individual and his free will.

In what fucking universe are you living in?? :confused:

Cpt no gay marriage!! Send the feds in after the hippies, queers and let's drag some niggers behind a pickup on the way just to teach them who the fuck is in charge round hyea~~!!

Mr.Let's censor the internet and ban school books....

Conservatism centered around free will my ass, you fucking LIAR.

LMFAO you need to check into a nursing home....you have lost touch with reality.

Last edited:
I would have said that conservatism is fiscal conservatism, the belief that the government should be careful with the people's money, not spending more of it than necessary, and certainly not more than it collects.

Furthermore, I would have said that conservatism is conservation- being a good caretaker to God's creation, protecting and preserving it.

Rush Limbaugh pointed out the error of my ways. He informed me that I am in fact a kook. That Conservatism is whatever he says it is, usually Reaganism.

Wrong. Limbaugh stays close to the core philosophy and the only reason he harkens back to Reagan is that Reagan is the only politician elected to high office that was steeped in conservative philosophy.

The doctrine of modern conservatism was first assembled and voiced by a fellow named Russel Kirk.

This is the core doctrine.

Any careful reading of his material will make the reader aware of the fact that there are many in politics who claim to be 'conservatives', who in reality aren't and it's the ones that make the claim without making the attempt to adhere to the philosophy that give conservatives in general a bad name as well as lead to the accusations of hypocrisy.

Ishmael

I frequently see liberals on the internet try to deflect from their own hypocrisy by claiming that "conservatism" is "hypocritical" (they always put "conservatism" in quotes for some reason, I guess to show an extra level of contempt for it).

Generally, they attempt to pit economic conservatism against social conservatism, usually claiming that social conservatism isn't the true conservatism and is illegitimate because in their "argument" it sometimes contradicts the laissez faire attitudes of economic conservatism.

What is the relation between economic conservatism and social conservatism? Which is the true basis of the ideology?

Keep in mind many people who try to pit the two against each other have an ulterior agenda, they are often wealthy socially liberal rich people, gays, angry young "libertarians" who don't want "anyone to tell me what to do," or are DNC activists trying to disrupt their opponents' political coalition.

First...MOTHER FUCKER!

Put down that weed! Shit!

Second, pay no attention to Midget minded myopic motherfuckers mealy mouthing morals.

Smoke some more dope, clown. You aren't capable of understanding the simple concept.

Says the man who supports multi billion dollar corporations buying elected officials to fuck the tax payer to improve their bottom line.

Says the guy who wants the federal government to define marriage and numerous other lifestyle choices for people.

Says the guy who wants the federal government to simply deny the will of the voters and lock them up for a fucking profit margin.

and censor the internet for the same reason.....

You wouldn't know individual freedom if bit you on the fucking ass ......just admit you and yours are "Freedom but only my kind of freedom!!!" tyrant assholes??

Many like the Bush family, the Doles, the Fords, the Bakers, all of whom were establishment Republicans or as we called them Rockefeller Republicans, hated Ronald Reagan for his true conservative principles.

They still do, but they don't seem to have a problem trying ride the coattails.

Ishmael

Oh Christ here comes the St.Ronnie bullshit....

Let's just ignore the fact that hie horrible drug policy has destroyed more families than drugs have while also clogging up our CRJ system to the point of it becoming borderline ineffective and over population our prisons to the point the we just can't lock people up for the shit anymore without letting someone else go first. Costing the tax payer hundreds of billions a year....for WHAT???:confused:

He was a monumental FAILURE of a president, and a totally pro gestapo NAZI police state mother fucker, when it came to social policy. Fuck that god damn shit bird of a cock sucker.

More of that 'conservative' bullshit...you should have impeached his ass for sticking his huge gubbmint fucking nose it had no god damn place being.

But then again cunts like vette never did give 1 flying fuck about individual liberty in the first god damn place.

Last edited:
And yet he knocked your dick in the dirt without effort.

Conservatism is about personal freedom? Please, it's about theocracy if we are talking socially. Economically your plans don't seem to function in reality. They are nice pie in the sky stuff but reality seems to slaughter them quickly.

You're so full of shit your eyes must be brown.:rolleyes:

So you support equal treatment under the law for gay people?

You don't support the GOP going after the federal government for not railroading the voters in 20 states to arrest medical marijuana patients and legalized adult consumption in 2 states?:confused:

Just a few weeks ago you are all Mr.FEDERAL DUTY!!!! MURIKUH FEDERAL POWERS !!! FUCK YEA!!! GO FUCK THEM HIPPIES UP DEA!!!

Yea...you're really pro individual liberty. You want to lock up 1/3 the nation for consuming a plant that kills less people each year than peanuts.....you're an asshole.

You don't support Wal Mart and their totally amoral crony capitalist business practices?

Weren't you cheering and laughing about how most their people are on food stamps??

Yea....crony capitalism, real pro individual liberty vette...Now I gotta feed walmarts workforce because you're a prick. :rolleyes:

Bet you don't DARE answer any of those questions.:rolleyes: *internal vettologue* "Oh fuck do I defend the rhetoric or the party...oh god what do I DO!?!?!?!"

You will deflect with insult because your too chicken shit to admit the only one here who is full of shit is you.

Last edited:
So you support equal treatment under the law for gay people?

You don't support the GOP going after the federal government for not railroading the voters in 20 states to arrest medical marijuana patients and legalized adult consumption in 2 states?:confused:

Just a few weeks ago you are all Mr.FEDERAL DUTY!!!! MURIKUH FEDERAL POWERS !!! FUCK YEA!!! GO FUCK THEM HIPPIES UP DEA!!!

Yea...you're really pro individual liberty. You want to lock up 1/3 the nation for consuming a plant that kills less people each year than peanuts.....you're an asshole.

You don't support Wal Mart and their totally amoral crony capitalist business practices?

Weren't you cheering and laughing about how most their people are on food stamps??

Yea....crony capitalism, real pro individual liberty vette...Now I gotta feed walmarts workforce because you're a prick. :rolleyes:

Bet you don't DARE answer any of those questions.:rolleyes: *internal vettologue* "Oh fuck do I defend the rhetoric or the party...oh god what do I DO!?!?!?!"

You will deflect with insult because your too chicken shit to admit the only one here who is full of shit is you.

Show me where gays are treated unequally, under the law.

And where does crony capitalism originate?

Fucking moron.

Ishmael

Back