Thoughts on the word cunt

Hi all,

I just got a comment that berated my use of the word cunt and because of it rated my story a 1. While I don’t normally care what people comment, I found it strange that someone would give a story a 1 star because they didn’t like that I incorporated the word cunt.

What do you think about using cunt in your stories?

It's not a sexy word in my part of the world; neither a man or a woman would generally refer to it as "cunt" in that context.

It's not grossly offensive here either, it can just mean "person".

e.g. "that bald cunt over there" - the bald guy over there

All that said, I wouldn't downrate a story for it. I probably wouldn't read the story because the word cunt just makes me think of a bald guy in his mid 40s with high blood pressure.

I feel like it's generally a matter of context. As an American man I wouldn't use it, because American women tend to hate it. If I see it as a reader and it doesn't seem to be used in the interest of pissing someone off, I assume the author - or at least the character speaking - comes from a culture where the word carries different connotations.

While I use the word in my writing, both as an insult and to describe a part of the anatomy, I hate the word and would never use it outside of fiction. The word is powerful, as powerful as the N-word, which I also use in fiction but not in my life.

While I use the word in my writing, both as an insult and to describe a part of the anatomy, I hate the word and would never use it outside of fiction. The word is powerful, as powerful as the N-word, which I also use in fiction but not in my life.
Mostly the same, though I have spoken the word to describe that kind of person. In writing, I used it once as though it were a forbidden, magical word
"To fuck my cunt?" I replied.
"To fuck your cunt and fill it with my seed."
( Eeew did I really write that?! I was a long time ago! )

I remember being surprised to find Mellors using the word in Lady Chatterley's Lover. 'I love tha cunt.'
It's just another tool in your armoury: sometimes you need a 5lb sledgehammer.

ETA I'm not sure there is such a thing as a 5lb hammer. Anyone?

Last edited:
I remember being surprised to find Mellors using the word in Lady Chatterley's Lover. 'I love tha cunt.'
It's just another tool in your armoury: sometimes you need a 5lb sledgehammer.
But, in D. H. Lawrence's lexicon, not a sledgehammer at all. As Mellors says:

"Arena Ah!" he said, leaning forward and softly stroking her face.
"Th'art good cunt, though, aren't ter? Best bit o' cunt left on earth. When ter likes! When tha'rt willin'!"
"What is cunt?" she said.
"An' doesn't ter know? Cunt! It's thee down theer; an' what I get when I'm i'side thee, and what tha gets when I'm i'side thee; it's a` as it is, all on't."
"All on't,'"she teased. "Cunt! It's like fuck then."
"Nay nay! Fuck's only what you do. animals fuck. But cunt's a lot more than that. It's thee, dost see: an' tha'rt a lot besides an animal, aren't ter? --- even ter fuck? Cunt! Eh, that's the beauty o' thee, lass!"
She got up and kissed him between the eyes, that looked at her so dark and soft and unspeakably warm, so unbearably beautiful.
"Is it?" she said. "And do you care for me?"
He kissed her without answering.

“Cunt”: It's thee, dost see… that's the beauty o' thee!

There are worse words for the same part of the anatomy. Would you rather I call it a shit chute? How about a pink taco? Or a… [random woman snaps AN’s mouth shut with a look] Never mind , I think they get the idea.

Using a bad word on Literotica? Oh, the horror.

I've used it, but generally reserve it for the occasional time when a sex scene turns into raw animal fucking as hard and fast as possible, and usually when the woman is in that same state. "He pounded her cunt." Not every scene goes that way.

It's a foul word, but sometimes even consensual sex between people who care for each other gets pretty foul, in a good way. I have one scene in a WIP story where the woman comes so hard she starts cursing in Italian. She doesn't even speak Italian, except for curse words. I think I might have had the guy pounding her cunt at that point.

I use the word cunt sparingly. I think I might have used in once or twice in my 9 chapter My Mother Owns me. And that had women actively trying to degrade a slave. I used it as humor in Cuckolds Anonymous when a young boy used it at the dinner table to refer to his aunt. He'd just used the word bitch and was told that was a bad word by his mother and uncle. Then he said 'okay, I won;t say that. I like Aunt whatever, too bad she is such a cunt." Obviously parroting his uncle's conversations.
As a rule I don't go for a lot of those descriptions like poop chute, hershey highway, etc. Fill my hot wet tunnel of love with your baby batter. All that sounds contrived and frankly I've never heard real women use terms like that. I have my characters use pussy mostly.

1. sometimes even consensual sex between people who care for each other gets pretty foul, in a good way.

2. I have one scene in a WIP story where the woman comes so hard she starts cursing in Italian. She doesn't even speak Italian, except for curse words.
Yes to both these points. And Italian dirty talk is so sexy. I use a lot in my Metamorphoses ch. 2, e.g.:

"FUUUUCK!" screamed Daphne. It takes a lot of pleasure to get Daphne to shift from singing to swearing, so I knew I was doing well. The Italian girl had clearly lost all inhibitions too, as she began to mouth off: "Ah sì, signorina Daphne, inculami, metti il tuo cazzone nel mio culo. Signorina Lucy, ti piace la mia figa calda, sì? Allora mangiala, bella puttana. Ah sì, eccola, signorine, SÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ!"

Well, perhaps I made some of that up -- but it was along those general lines, and even if you don't know any Italian, you get the idea, I'm sure...

I happen to enjoy the use of the word cunt: as a descriptive word for vagina and also as an insult. I realize it's a divisive word here in America and many women take utter offense to it, but I often use it as an insult for sheer shock value. My English friends wouldn't be phased by it at all. When reading erotica, I give kudos to those who expand their vocabulary beyond pussy. Especially if the story is less romantic and more animalistic and primal. Please continue to use it! As a writer, you'll never appeal to everyone. Even if your writing is flawless and praised throughout the ages, there's going to be that one cunt who gives 1 star because they were triggered.

Ich bin keine Schreiberin,und eigentlich sollte ich mich bestimmt raushalten aus dieser Diskussion,aber das Wort Fotze reizt mich nun einmal,und zwar im Kontext zu meinen Fetischen,in Form von Dirty-Talk,und da wird es sehr gern genommen und von mir sehr sehr gerne in Empfang genommen,wenn es hart ausgesprochen wird von meiner Herrin.

I'll use "cunt" every single time in preference to "pussy" or any other juvenile-sounding word for it.

I happen to enjoy the use of the word cunt: as a descriptive word for vagina and also as an insult. I realize it's a divisive word here in America and many women take utter offense to it, but I often use it as an insult for sheer shock value. My English friends wouldn't be phased by it at all. When reading erotica, I give kudos to those who expand their vocabulary beyond pussy. Especially if the story is less romantic and more animalistic and primal. Please continue to use it! As a writer, you'll never appeal to everyone. Even if your writing is flawless and praised throughout the ages, there's going to be that one cunt who gives 1 star because they were triggered.
Lmfao...not many use the word to utter perfection than my one, younger..older sis...haha..i absolutely love how it offends the easily offended type when she and i are out together and she drops it....haha..a personal favorite use of it, to describe a micro measurement when building or erecting steel construction projects. Its a universal measurement across the globe and all of its complex languages..an oasis of communication if you will. I know this from personal experience. Being Canadian and having worked with Americans, British, Aussie, German, Scandinavian, Japanese and yes even French to name only a few, on more than a few projects over the years. While the inchers are scratching their heads when a millimeter measurement is dropped or visa versa, the use of one or multiple cunt hairs is an instant, eye contact followed by a head nod, promoting better communication, better fitting and more economical production costs to the client -at the very bottom line!.....a blond cunt hair being of the most fine and minute adjustment.s...haha...and yes, when i read it or hear it in the context of say ' baby i want you to plunder my aching and needy cunt RIGHT NOW!!', it turns me on in that animalistic way that you so eloquently described, giving her the type of fucking she desires in that moment and allowing me to express my ability to deliver that type of fucking that she knows, in that moment, I need to give her. We might as well just consider the word a literary gift for all intents and purposes!..lol...Yes it may be most opposite to say the bubble bath, build up type..like I was so very fortunate to have had last night after putting my son to sleep..my lover, waiting for me in white lace when i came downstairs..to a quiet and peacful house, radiant with the humid aroma of the jasmine and sandalwood essential oils in the bath and her sweet and salacious secretions emanating from her needy cunt...mmmm....
Annnnd to all of those offended... they're likely just self righteous cunts anyway...lmfao...you're a bot it's now certain! 🤌🤣😚🔮👸💓🔥🌹⚔️⚔️

Am getting absolutely pissed on out in the yard but am well into a dirty job now so I suppose I'll be a dirty, wet cunt...mmmm...especially with the thoughts I'm presently having here under this leaking, and dripping machine...mmmm🤖💦🤌🤌🤣❤️🔥🌹⚔️⚔️

Back