Is Mature a difficult audience?

EmilyMiller

Perv of the Impverse
Based on no more than the single data points of my 750 word stories. Mature is an obvious outlier. I don’t think I wrote a bad Mature story (though it has no sex, perhaps the issue).

IMG_7609.png

Emily

Attachments

• IMG_7609.png
    IMG_7609.png
    119.2 KB · Views: 2
Far too few data points to make a reasonable deduction. Also, there are two main subcategories: oldster paired with youngster and both oldsters. If I were interested and had the time and computer expertise, I might try to evaluate the category as a whole. Or maybe you could if you would just quit writing 750-ers. 😜

Based on no more than the single data points of my 750 word stories. Mature is an obvious outlier. I don’t think I wrote a bad Mature story (though it has no sex, perhaps the issue).

Emily
iu

Far too few data points to make a reasonable deduction. Also, there are two main subcategories: oldster paired with youngster and both oldsters. If I were interested and had the time and computer expertise, I might try to evaluate the category as a whole. Or maybe you could if you would just quit writing 750-ers. 😜
Like that’s gonna happen 🤣

You youngsters don't seem to realise that sex doesn't stop after 30. Just because we're saggy and wrinkly, and need to stop to catch our breath every few minutes, and we're actually mostly interested in the post-sex nap, doesn't mean we don't do it.
I have every intention of having sex post 30. It’s not like it’s that far off 🤣

Emily

@EmilyMiller I've found Mature to be the best category - communicative readers, no stupid "category rules", high vote/view ratios. But then, my content suits them, older man, younger woman, older man, older woman. It's my turf.

Don't use 750 Word stories as a measure, though - it's the story form that's the outlier, not the audience.

@EmilyMiller I've found Mature to be the best category - communicative readers, no stupid "category rules", high vote/view ratios. But then, my content suits them, older man, younger woman, older man, older woman. It's my turf.

Don't use 750 Word stories as a measure, though - it's the story form that's the outlier, not the audience.
But they are all 750 word stories.

And it’s sex-related. About a widow deciding to reengage with her sexuality after a near encounter with a young man.

Emily

And it’s sex-related. About a widow deciding to reengage with her sexuality after a near encounter with a young man.

Emily
Those scores aren't representative of general category reactions, though. You're comparing grapes when most people want a bowl of fruit.

Those scores aren't representative of general category reactions, though. You're comparing grapes when most people want a bowl of fruit.
I understand stats - it’s part of my job. But incomplete data can be suggestive at the very least. Much like [complete the joke yourself]

Emily

If you want a true comparison, review the scores of all 750 stories in mature. That would give you some context around what readers thought of your story vs the 750 concept.

Overall, I've found it a pretty tolerant area.

If you want a true comparison, review the scores of all 750 stories in mature. That would give you some context around what readers thought of your story vs the 750 concept.

Overall, I've found it a pretty tolerant area.
That seems awfully like work 🥱

Most of my stories are in Mature, with healthy number of red H's. My 750s in the category don't score quite as well. I think EB has the gist of it, meaning that Mature readers lean toward development and plot versus stroker-lite. I have comments on the 750s that seem to confirm that, "Nice, but there's got to be more here."

Just adding the obvious question: in the age gap stories, is there a sweet spot for the age gap? The older you get, I reckon, the older your definition of 'mature'... as in your own age plus 10? 😉

Just adding the obvious question: in the age gap stories, is there a sweet spot for the age gap? The older you get, I reckon, the older your definition of 'mature'... as in your own age plus 10? 😉
The FMC is 48, the MMC is 25.

I've posted 61 stories and 23 are in mature. All are red H - apart from one. Three are in the all time top 250 and four others have been at one time or another. Most of my sordid tales are younger men/older women but the highest rated was 'Some Guys Have All the Luck' in last year's Karaoke event. It is mainly 40ish people getting it on.

The outlier at a rating of 4.05 is my 750 word event story in early 2023 which is my lowest rated ever.

Always find the genre to be well supported and a decent audience, not surprising given the general demographic of the contributors to this forum. So as others have said, I think it is the 750 word thing dragging it down in your case, not the genre.

I've posted 61 stories and 23 are in mature. All are red H - apart from one. Three are in the all time top 250 and four others have been at one time or another. Most of my sordid tales are younger men/older women but the highest rated was 'Some Guys Have All the Luck' in last year's Karaoke event. It is mainly 40ish people getting it on.

The outlier at a rating of 4.05 is my 750 word event story in early 2023 which is my lowest rated ever.

Always find the genre to be well supported and a decent audience, not surprising given the general demographic of the contributors to this forum. So as others have said, I think it is the 750 word thing dragging it down in your case, not the genre.
My other 750s are below my weighted average (haven’t calculated it recently, but in the 4.5x - 4.6x range), but the Mature one is way below.

Emily

View attachment 2317222

Emily
Define mature????
I have met mature 20 year olds, and childish 60 year olds.
Personally, I hope to keep adulthood at bay for as long as possible.

I have written one Mature story, and it scored reasonably well considering I broke the rules....
Apparently the most popular mature story is older male, young woman...
I reversed the roles, but it still did OK.

Cagivagurl

Define mature????
I have met mature 20 year olds, and childish 60 year olds.
On AH you mean 🤣?
Personally, I hope to keep adulthood at bay for as long as possible.
Amen’
I have written one Mature story, and it scored reasonably well considering I broke the rules....
Apparently the most popular mature story is older male, young woman...
I reversed the roles, but it still did OK.
I wrote a FIL / DIL story, which could have gone in mature, but I put it in I/T (taboo rather than incest of course.

Emily
My Mature story about an older woman who misses a chance with a younger man because she can't believe he'd be into her has also scored quite low compared to my other 750 worders...like yours, it has no overt sex. My guess is that the no-sex status may get you some low votes. Anyhoo, your story is great, and I loved writing mine, so we just have to take it on the chin, so to speak. 😉

https://www.literotica.com/s/oz-beach-boy-provokes-lust

On AH you mean 🤣?

Amen’

I wrote a FIL / DIL story, which could have gone in mature, but I put it in I/T (taboo rather than incest of course.
Now Emily....
You are putting words in my mouth. Trying to get me in trouble.
As if there are 20 year olds in the AH....
LOL

My Mature story about an older woman who misses a chance with a younger man because she can't believe he'd be into her has also scored quite low compared to my other 750 worders...like yours, it has no overt sex. My guess is that the no-sex status may get you some low votes. Anyhoo, your story is great, and I loved writing mine, so we just have to take it on the chin, so to speak. 😉

https://www.literotica.com/s/oz-beach-boy-provokes-lust
Thank you - I thought it was a sweet story - I’m trying to write verisions of autism into some of my stories - not least to normalize it a bit.

Will read yours soon, but Valentine’s meal to prepare together.

Emily

Back