Thoughts on the word cunt

It’s funny to this thread come back up. I’m wrapping up a new story and after rereading it through this morning, I noticed that it only had “cunt” in it once. Clearly this person’s comment lives on in my unconscious

If Brit’s would pronounce it right, it would be just as offensive there.

As it stands, they don’t get as offended because they’re just calling one another “can’ts”.

What the fack! ;-)

If Brit’s would pronounce it right, it would be just as offensive there.

As it stands, they don’t get as offended because they’re just calling one another “can’ts”.

What the fack! ;-)
Only the southerners.
Us northerners pronounce it in the harshest, most vulgar form - Khun-T

Hi all,

I just got a comment that berated my use of the word cunt and because of it rated my story a 1. While I don’t normally care what people comment, I found it strange that someone would give a story a 1 star because they didn’t like that I incorporated the word cunt.

What do you think about using cunt in your stories?
Well, crap. Most of my military background vocabulary consists of using cunt in most sentences. Does that mean I should do a word search in my stories and replace it with another less, apparently pejorative term? I don't see it, obviously, since it's so second nature, any more offensive than cock or calling someone who pisses you off a cocksucker or motherfucker. In fact, I hope the cocksucker that berated you keeps his or her cunt away from my stories until I get them patched.

EDIT - just checked my current work in progress - found ten uses of cunt in five paragraphs on one MS Word page. Didn't check the other 26 pages. So damn. What to do? [Hint: I ignore those critiques. If the word is applicable use it within its context.]

Last edited:
Well, crap. Most of my military background vocabulary consists of using cunt in most sentences. Does that mean I should do a word search in my stories and replace it with another less, apparently pejorative term? I don't see it, obviously, since it's so second nature, any more offensive than cock or calling someone who pisses you off a cocksucker or motherfucker. In fact, I hope the cocksucker that berated you keeps his or her cunt away from my stories until I get them patched.

EDIT - just checked my current work in progress - found ten uses of cunt in five paragraphs on one MS Word page. Didn't check the other 26 pages. So damn. What to do? [Hint: I ignore those critiques. If the word is applicable use it within its context.]
Ignore the silly cunts who don't like cunts. They've got so many hang-ups about a perfectly useful word, they could live in a hall closet and not need hooks to hang their coats on.

The infamous Stacnash, who created so much excitement a couple of weeks ago, thought the word was "vulgar", which amused me no end. But... she liked my heroine, Ruby, so I cut her a lot of slack. Odd, though, that she didn't mind an ass fuck, but a cunt was a word too far.

As my old mum used to say, "There's nowt so queer as folk."

US Air Force, 1972. A vital article of clothing was called a cunt cap. Are they still?

It was an entirely accurate description of what the damn thing looked like.

Hi all,

I just got a comment that berated my use of the word cunt and because of it rated my story a 1. While I don’t normally care what people comment, I found it strange that someone would give a story a 1 star because they didn’t like that I incorporated the word cunt.

Depending on mood I prefer cunt or pussy.

Hi all,

One more thing.
A guy just wrote to me and pretty much said ”Hi do you shave your cunt?
And this might seem childish but that a complete stranger that knows nothing about me, a married mom, refered to my pussy as cunt, really turned me on.
I thought it was exciting.

One more thing.
A guy just wrote to me and pretty much said ”Hi do you shave your cunt?
And this might seem childish but that a complete stranger that knows nothing about me, a married mom, refered to my pussy as cunt, really turned me on.
I thought it was exciting.
Go on…

I have used it sparingly in a very few stories, not as a alternate to pussy (or other) in prose, but as an epithet in dialog, usually just at the moment a dominant man fully owns/controls a reluctant or difficult partner. Sort of right up there with bitch as an epithet. I’d like to think that the use of such a potent word goes to character and context, not just as a gratuitous pejorative.

“Take it, you cunt!” he howled, as his balls tightened, ready to saturate her depths.

Okay, I'll admit I haven't read the whole thread, but to the originator of this thread:

It sounds to me like the person who bombed your story has a personal problem with the word. Nothing you can do about that.

Let's face it, people find weird things to be offended over. If it wasn't the word "cunt" they'd have found something else. There are people out there who are on the constant lookout for things they know they're going to hate, just so they can vent their supposedly righteous outrage.

Can't please everybody. Sometimes it feels like you can't please anybody. As I've said before in various places: Only so many ways to say: Fit Tab A into Slot B. There are lots of words for male and female genitalia, the sex act and so forth. Problem gets to be many of them are really stupid, and I refuse to use stupid words - unless I happen to have a character that leans toward them, but so far none of them have.

Write what you want to write, using the terminology you prefer. If the story does nothing for you because you tried to groom it toward attempting to please the haters, chances are readers aren't going to like it either. You're gonna get "ones," can't avoid it.

I've always liked women saying cunt. And women who are turned on by me using the word too. Erotic talk and imagination during sex always makes it more intense. Happy to explore, would like an online friend for voice chat and play, if this is also your thing.

Hi all,

So, this person is offended you called a pussy a cunt, but is ok with you using it to degrade women. I hope I'm not the only one that sees an issue here and it's not with the writer.
FWIW, in the context of erotic fiction, I believe it fits in either context, depending on the tone of the overall work, or the nature of the character using the pejorative.

In a story, who says cunt? If the character is the kind that normally uses cunt, so be it. If a sophisticate uses it to be deliberately crude, again so be it.

I do hope no one squeamish around the 'C' word reads my stories 🤭

Last edited:
I wouldn't downgrade a story just for using that word, but I've never liked it. It's cold and hard and ugly, everything a vagina is not!

That's funny in a sad sort of way. As though god made the devel and gave her Cunt Teeth, rather than Counting Teeth!
I came here to offer my thoughts on the word COUNT. Then I realized this was something else. I'll just see myself out...

That's funny. This person doesn't mind it as a derogatory term for a person, but has an issue with it being used for anatomy? I'm the opposite!

But with that said, I much prefer "vulva".

Ah, yes, the c-word, which often only the people described by it find it offensive, like several other words offensive only to a particular demographic.

I'm all fine for using "cunt" to describe the fleshy gap, the origin point of humanity, the lower lips we ache to kiss more than the upper ones, the warm tunnel of love and the gushing pussies men ache to invade. Often I use it to set the tone, to show that this is not quite a lovey-dovey encounter, but more of a wild and dirty one. Plus, you gotta rotate your vaginal slurs or people get used to them. Look, if I wanted to degrade someone, you could feel it even if I used other words that the ADL have not yet declared hate speech, like "double-holed", "Socioeconomical" or "frenchman". A wise man said you could use any word to be insulting if you give it the right tone, like calling someone a bowl of soup.

On related terms, I do remember a particular story from another website put me off for using the n-word in narration. Not that I'm against its use, but I felt like it was incorrect to use it as a descriptor for someone having a feature when I consider it more a descriptor for someone with a particular culture.

But, on the term of using the c-words, cunts better get used to it. Australians use it all the time. Are they being culturephobic?

Ah, yes, the c-word, which often only the people described by it find it offensive, like several other words offensive only to a particular demographic.

I'm all fine for using "cunt" to describe the fleshy gap, the origin point of humanity, the lower lips we ache to kiss more than the upper ones, the warm tunnel of love and the gushing pussies men ache to invade. Often I use it to set the tone, to show that this is not quite a lovey-dovey encounter, but more of a wild and dirty one. Plus, you gotta rotate your vaginal slurs or people get used to them. Look, if I wanted to degrade someone, you could feel it even if I used other words that the ADL have not yet declared hate speech, like "double-holed", "Socioeconomical" or "frenchman". A wise man said you could use any word to be insulting if you give it the right tone, like calling someone a bowl of soup.

On related terms, I do remember a particular story from another website put me off for using the n-word in narration. Not that I'm against its use, but I felt like it was incorrect to use it as a descriptor for someone having a feature when I consider it more a descriptor for someone with a particular culture.

But, on the term of using the c-words, cunts better get used to it. Australians use it all the time. Are they being culturephobic?
I'd have a hard time even having a villain use the n-word. I wouldn't even want to type it.

Back